Essence of imagination

Started by heltenjon, Tue 10/08/2021 01:37:39

Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

I'm stuck at the repressed dreams where there are buttons on the wall and stones on the floor beneath them. I passed the first room, but have no clue about the order of button pushes in the second. Am I supposed to brute force it?

Edit: This is while playing as a sea otter.

Shadow1000

Quote from: heltenjon on Tue 10/08/2021 01:37:39
I'm stuck at the repressed dreams where there are buttons on the wall and stones on the floor beneath them. I passed the first room, but have no clue about the order of button pushes in the second. Am I supposed to brute force it?

Edit: This is while playing as a sea otter.

Wow! I’m actually stuck in the same place! Some good puzzles and a really long game so far.

Spoiler
I tried ascending order, descending, odds then evens, evens then odds, clicking the number of times as rocks. No go so far...
[close]

Syos Spaniel

QuoteI'm stuck at the repressed dreams where there are buttons on the wall and stones on the floor beneath them. I passed the first room, but have no clue about the order of button pushes in the second. Am I supposed to brute force it?

It appears I made that puzzle overly difficult. My apologies.

The first of the two spoilers below is a hint for solving the puzzle. The second is the complete solution to the puzzle.

Spoiler
Here is a hint: if you think of the buttons as being numbered 1 through 5 from left to right, then the first button to push is 4.
[close]

Spoiler
Here is how to solve that puzzle. Think of the five buttons as being numbered 1 through 5 from left to right. The number of rocks in each group corresponds to the number of each button to press as you go through the rock groups from left to right. Thus, you should push the buttons in this order: 4, 1, 5, 2, 3.
[close]

heltenjon

Thanks! That was a hard puzzle, but not impossible. I don't know if I would have made that connection, though. It's more likely I would have tried all possible combinations.

Shadow1000

I am stuck again.

Spoiler
I have to collect 10 essences. I assume this means other than the essence of imagination? I have 9 plus that one. The only person I haven't helped is the sad student. It says that there might be some imagination in the amulet. I tried using it on him and defeat the tormentors but I don't know how to help him
[close]

This part is not clear.

Syos Spaniel

QuoteThis part is not clear.

Spoiler
It actually isn't possible to help the sad student. You can't get an essence from him. His purpose in the game is to remind the player of what will happen to many people if the Tormentors aren't stopped once and for all.

By the garbage bin in one of the other rooms, there is a little pile of gray fluff. If you use food or medicine on that fluff, it turns out to really be a sick, starving mouse. This mouse needs a new home inside of a tree stump in the woods where the lumberjack is. You can use the screwdriver on a weak spot in the stump to dig a hole, then place the mouse into the hole. Did you solve that puzzle and get the Essence of Home?
[close]

heltenjon

I think you must be referring to an older version of your game. The mouse has another use in this one, and the essence of home is available through something else.  :-D

EDIT: I stand corrected - there are multiple solutions to some of the puzzles, apparently.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Syos Spaniel on Wed 11/08/2021 12:30:44
QuoteThis part is not clear.

Spoiler
It actually isn't possible to help the sad student. You can't get an essence from him. His purpose in the game is to remind the player of what will happen to many people if the Tormentors aren't stopped once and for all.

By the garbage bin in one of the other rooms, there is a little pile of gray fluff. If you use food or medicine on that fluff, it turns out to really be a sick, starving mouse. This mouse needs a new home inside of a tree stump in the woods where the lumberjack is. You can use the screwdriver on a weak spot in the stump to dig a hole, then place the mouse into the hole. Did you solve that puzzle and get the Essence of Home?
[close]

Yes, I solved that one. I'm not sure what to do now.

Spoiler
is there a way to help the art teacher?
[close]

Edited to add:
Spoiler
I used the bowl on the hole and now I have all 10
[close]
Thanks anyway!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk