Slay the Dragon III

Started by Syos Spaniel, Thu 12/08/2021 14:06:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Syos Spaniel

Spoiler
I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to avoid being killed by the heat in the Firelands. Please help.
[close]

Shadow1000

Quote from: Syos Spaniel on Thu 12/08/2021 14:06:35
Spoiler
I'm stuck. I can't figure out how to avoid being killed by the heat in the Firelands. Please help.
[close]

Spoiler
I believe you have keep finding water and drinking it
[close]

Syos Spaniel

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 12/08/2021 14:47:51

Spoiler
I believe you have keep finding water and drinking it
[close]

Spoiler
Thanks, but that is how you get through the desert without dying of dehydration. I tried the same thing in the firelands. It didn't work.
[close]

heltenjon

Heat in the firelands:
Spoiler
You need to locate every water source. After filling up, you can check how much is left by examining your inventory. (You drink automatically whenever you move to a new location.) Then it's a case of always returning to the water in time.
[close]

Edit: Or perhaps I'm mixing the desert and the firelands...

Edit II: You need to finish the other two dragons first, at least. Perhaps if you tell us what items you have, that will trigger our memory.

Syos Spaniel

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 12/08/2021 20:10:47
Heat in the firelands:
Spoiler
You need to locate every water source. After filling up, you can check how much is left by examining your inventory. (You drink automatically whenever you move to a new location.) Then it's a case of always returning to the water in time.
[close]

Edit II: You need to finish the other two dragons first, at least. Perhaps if you tell us what items you have, that will trigger our memory.

Spoiler
Thanks for trying to help. The canteen is used to survive in the desert, not the firelands.

I slew the first two dragons, made my way through the swamp, reached the firelands, had the great magi break open the door with help from the two dragon bones, and entered the firelands. After the great magi told me his plan, I was informed that I needed something to protect me from the heat. Whenever I travel to a different room in the firelands, I succumb to the heat, collapse, and die.

I currently have the sword, the canteen, the shield the sultan gave me, and the horn the sultan gave me. I also have the four spells the great magi gave me: the levitate, rabbit, fire, and rain spells.
[close]

heltenjon

Quote from: Syos Spaniel on Thu 12/08/2021 21:51:49
Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 12/08/2021 20:10:47
Heat in the firelands:
Spoiler
[close]

Spoiler
Thanks for trying to help. The canteen is used to survive in the desert, not the firelands.

I slew the first two dragons, made my way through the swamp, reached the firelands, had the great magi break open the door with help from the two dragon bones, and entered the firelands. After the great magi told me his plan, I was informed that I needed something to protect me from the heat. Whenever I travel to a different room in the firelands, I succumb to the heat, collapse, and die.

I currently have the sword, the canteen, the shield the sultan gave me, and the horn the sultan gave me. I also have the four spells the great magi gave me: the levitate, rabbit, fire, and rain spells.
[close]

I remember some ideas I had, but not which one was the solution... (laugh) I think the solution is to use a spell.

Perhaps
Spoiler
using levitate on the shield to make a hovering platform
[close]
or to
Spoiler
use the rain on the ground?
[close]
If both those are wrong, try to use the spells on every item in your inventory or every hotspot on the locations. However, if there is a puzzle in your current location, you probably need to solve that one first.

TGames

Spoiler
There is a magic cloak found in the desert that you need to wear
[close]

Syos Spaniel

Quote from: TGames on Sun 15/08/2021 08:07:25
Spoiler
There is a magic cloak found in the desert that you need to wear
[close]

That did the trick. I managed to reach the end of the game after that. Thanks, TGames!

I also thank those who tried to help. That was very nice of you both.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk