Reddit Community

Started by Hobbes, Sun 22/08/2021 03:42:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Dear all,

It took a while since it's been a very "quiet" /r place, but I've just been made a Moderator on the /r/adventuregamestudio Reddit.

It could be quite a nice way to help people promote their games in production / released games. I'd be happy to appoint other Moderators from amongst the active forum members here as well, so send me a message if you're interested.

Whilst I get to go by "Hobbes" here on the forums, I'm HobbesHK over there, just like on Discord (someone else beat me to my desired username on both haha).

Danvzare

I didn't realize there was an AGS group on Reddit. I'm not surprised though. (I just joined it, because I've got a Reddit account I barely use, so why not.)

Quote from: Hobbes on Sun 22/08/2021 03:42:57
I'd be happy to appoint other Moderators from amongst the active forum members here as well, so send me a message if you're interested.
That almost sounds like an abuse of power. (laugh)
Still, if it's quiet, I can't blame you. Too bad I'd probably make a terrible moderator.

Hobbes

Quote from: Danvzare on Sun 22/08/2021 14:45:57
That almost sounds like an abuse of power. (laugh)

An abuse of power I'm happy to share! ;-)

I just want to avoid someone who's not invested in AGS and its community to co-moderate. But if anyone's interested, just let me know. In the meantime, it *is* quiet over there. But I'm also not sure what "purpose" Reddit serves. We have a really nice forum community over here. I see the appeal of Discord (live chat). But Reddit is in effect just another forum. So it's likely to stay quiet, is my guess!

KyriakosCH

Ok, I joined :)
But there aren't that many members... Even my own subreddit (dead for a while :D ) has more than that  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

brewton

Hi, Hobbes. I'm the reddit moderator who set you up.

Quote from: Hobbes on Wed 25/08/2021 12:24:31
I just want to avoid someone who's not invested in AGS and its community to co-moderate. But if anyone's interested, just let me know. In the meantime, it *is* quiet over there. But I'm also not sure what "purpose" Reddit serves. We have a really nice forum community over here. I see the appeal of Discord (live chat). But Reddit is in effect just another forum. So it's likely to stay quiet, is my guess!

This is pretty much the reason it has been so quiet there. No need to reinvent the wheel.

There's an active (if small and fractured) IRC community too.

Blondbraid

Quote from: brewton on Wed 25/08/2021 20:38:48
Hi, Hobbes. I'm the reddit moderator who set you up.

Quote from: Hobbes on Wed 25/08/2021 12:24:31

This is pretty much the reason it has been so quiet there. No need to reinvent the wheel.

There's an active (if small and fractured) IRC community too.
Just what I was going to say! I remember checking it out a few years ago, but never saw much point posting there as the only people there were the same as in this forum, so I couldn't use that Reddit forum to promote my games to a new audience,
and if I just want the casual community stuff, this forum is much more nice and convenient, for even if there are individual subreddits that are nice and well moderated, much of Reddit is still kind of a cesspool.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk