It's kind of a game.

Started by Ophidic, Sat 13/05/2023 15:50:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Ophidic

I've been making this little thing about losing my keys. It's currently one room and really just practice for a lot of the basics of AGS and some more advanced things.

There's a curled rug that keeps flipping up, (you can stick it down with something, that's the only "puzzle" so far), and a bunch of junk to interact with, and you basically look around for your keys until you find them.

Anyway, it's done enough to be playable at any rate and I thought I'd post it here. You can play it at: https://ophidic.itch.io/the-keys-knees

bicilotti

• The game is playable on Linux with the AGS engine, if you add a Linux download you will get more players to try this.
  • Intro is nice but unskippable. Make it skippable.
  • I am not a fan of all-caps font for display-box font.
  • Excellent Mondrian choice.
  • Interaction and graphics are both satisfying.
  • I am still playing the game, but I am not sure making the character clickable is the right choice, as sometimes this hides what is behind Jason.
  • Characterisation is good too, I am starting to dislike Jason.
  • Using "rolling paper" on "weed" should return some funny line and not a "Can't do that".

All in all I got "Robot finds kitten" vibes from this, a short & to the point game. Well done!

Ophidic

Awesome, Thank you very much!

I am still working on drawing a smoking animation, at which point you'll be able to roll a joint and stuff.

Yeah you're right, making the main character clickable was kinda pointless, it was like that by default, but i have no use for it so i should disable it.

I'm glad you like it!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk