Author Topic: Links to AGS games not in the database  (Read 772 times)

Links to AGS games not in the database
« on: 25 Aug 2021, 09:43 »
I thought perhaps such a thread could be of use, like the opposite of the Gameseek thread.

Some AGS games are not added to the database, and may fly under people's radar. If you find something that other people may be interested in, why not post the link in this thread? This could be stuff hidden in plain sight in the AGS depository on archive.org, or it may be jam games, demos or smaller games that for some reason haven't ended up in the database on this site.

I'll go first: In the Adventure Jam 2021 on GameJolt, you can find the following AGS games not currently in the database:

Nadir is a great and moody short piece set in a submarine.

Long in the Tooth is a short demo with marvelous graphics and animation.

Coffin Valley is a western game.

All Demons must go to Hell is a game announcing itself as user-unfriendly, but it's quite fun to play.

Re: Links to AGS games not in the database
« Reply #2 on: 27 Aug 2021, 17:40 »
If someone else does what I do, and sometimes check out events of yesteryear, you will probably find out that some of those small event or competition games are missing from the database.

The 24 hours of AGS contest (from 2017) had six entries, but three of them aren't in the database:
Like a Fox
Lydia
CyberJACK

Now, there are some working links to be found in the game's thread, but you can find all (six) of them here if you want to play some fun shorties.

eri0o

« Reply #3 on: 27 Aug 2021, 17:54 »
« Last Edit: 27 Aug 2021, 23:10 by eri0o »

« Reply #4 on: 29 Aug 2021, 13:28 »
From an old MAGS with the theme "Jumping Jack Flash":
Memoriae
Jump! Jack! Flash!

Found by coincidence in the depository while searching for the "jump"-games above, an old non-interactive demo, probably aimed at atheists:
Preachers can't jump. (I had to dig up an old computer to run this one. Lasts a minute.)

brewton

• Master Lurker
« Reply #5 on: 30 Aug 2021, 00:21 »
If someone else does what I do, and sometimes check out events of yesteryear, you will probably find out that some of those small event or competition games are missing from the database.

The 24 hours of AGS contest (from 2017) had six entries, but three of them aren't in the database:
Like a Fox
Lydia
CyberJACK

Now, there are some working links to be found in the game's thread, but you can find all (six) of them here if you want to play some fun shorties.

Wow. I forgot about CyberJACK. It wasn't finished as the 24 hour time limit was exhausting. Maybe I will return to it one day.

cat

• Local Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • AGS Baker
    • cat worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • cat worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
« Reply #6 on: 30 Aug 2021, 07:54 »
I want to use this opportunity and say a big Thank You! to denzquix on Archive.org (propably Denzil Quixode on the forums) for meticulously uploading AGS games to the archive and categorizing them. (Even though it seems he stopped doing so three years ago)

« Reply #7 on: 07 Sep 2021, 00:40 »
A couple more Mags entries not in the database:

Research Resident which is unfinished, but you can play the first room and walk around in the second. There's not a scripted ending to the demo, though. (From Mags March 2018 Three's a crowd.) Looks like it would make a cool game.

Gwen Darkly – intro to the first case which is a demo. (From Mags January 2018 Misunderstood Motives.)

« Reply #8 on: 11 Sep 2021, 16:08 »
Flight from the Robots is Fernewelten's entry in the ongoing Narrative driven jam 4. It's an escape the room game in a sci-fi setting.

Edit: It's in the base now, including a master mind-esque minigame not in the version linked here.
« Last Edit: 13 Sep 2021, 23:14 by heltenjon »

« Reply #9 on: 12 Oct 2021, 23:05 »
No-one Touches My Hamster is a short game from 2003 with some pixel hunting, but a charm about it.

The Unlikely Prometheus is a very funny entry in the recent $105 Adventure Game Challenge jam.

Edit: The Unlikely Prometheus won that jam!
« Last Edit: 17 Nov 2021, 08:39 by heltenjon »

« Reply #10 on: 22 Oct 2021, 09:20 »
Jonathan's Adventures is a short escape-the-room game from the $105 adventure game jam, where you need to help Jonathan escape a prison cell before the ogre makes ingredients out of him. Two endings, well suited for a lunch break.