About GUI's transparency

Started by Baguettator, Mon 20/09/2021 12:01:28

Previous topic - Next topic

eri0o

CW, If it's something that is compiler related, I wonder what would happen running with Fernewelten's compiler. Hopefully it would either work or give a different error.

Crimson Wizard

Found it, through extensive debugging. I already had a slight guess, but now confirmed it.

This is again a problem with using attributes inside the same scripts which defined them. In your case, it's in "Struct_Personnage.asc", line 496, where you use attribute Zombivant instead of protected variable zombivant. There are also similar uses of this attribute below.

I will look if it's possible to make engine report some additional info in case of an import error, like the line number or something at least.

EDIT: ok, seems to be possible, I will be releasing a new patch for 3.5.1 soon anyway, it will include better error messages for messed import (with script name and line).
(it's impossible to report the variable name now, because compiled scripts do not save them)

Baguettator

Oh yeah, great !!! I thought I had corrected all of these errors, it happenned a few week ago the same problem (but I didn't remember the exact error message, I don't know if it was the same...).

The strange thing is : why the game is launched with 3.5.0.24, but not with the 3.5.1 ?

By the way, thanks you a lot !!!!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Baguettator on Tue 21/09/2021 13:09:51
The strange thing is : why the game is launched with 3.5.0.24, but not with the 3.5.1 ?

I cannot answer this, maybe there's a mistake in compiler than manifestates differently or is ignored by the engine completely depending on some other factors.

Baguettator

OK I see.

By the way, I tested wuth the 3.5.1, and yes I can confirm : the game is not lagging anymore while the transparent GUI is appearing !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk