Space Quest: A Son of Xenon Hint

Started by murray, Mon 29/08/2022 15:32:19

Previous topic - Next topic

murray

I'm stuck on the ship with the little energy creature. It's hidden away in its layer, but I can't get to it. I have the trap but have nothing to use as bait. The only thing I can think of is the small energy crystal in the bedroom, but I can't take it. Any hints?

The Last To Know

You're on the right way. In order to get the small energy crystal in the bedroom, you have to
Spoiler
distract Pearl. She likes to see shooting stars.
[close]
You can fake one
Spoiler
with one of the light balls in her bedroom drawer.
[close]
You have to
Spoiler
throw it in the waste bin so it gets sucked in space.
[close]

murray

Quote from: The Last To Know on Mon 29/08/2022 15:59:42
You're on the right way. In order to get the small energy crystal in the bedroom, you have to
Spoiler
with one of the light balls in her bedroom drawer.
[close]

I could have sworn it was locked. I don't know how many times I've clicked on it. LOL

Anyway, thank you for the fast response.

murray

Annnnnd…. Stuck again, this time in Ulence Flats. I’ve got the hoverboard and the top of the egg and seen the flying creatures shadow, but I’m just wandering around aimlessly now. I know I need to get the bottle from the delinquent and assume I need to make him thirsty but I have no idea how. I might be getting a clue, or a red herring, at the sign where it says something to the affect that maybe they could be rearranged but can’t figure out how to do that.

Help please.

The Last To Know

You need to find your way further through the desert.
You will find
Spoiler
a cactus to drink some water from it.
[close]
And later
Spoiler
some kind of oasis.
[close]

murray

Of course the one I steered clear of. Thanks.

murray

Not a request for a hint but to say I beat the game. Very well done! Brought back a lot of the Space Quest nostalgia of my youth. Thanks a lot, and great work.

The Last To Know

Congratulations on finishing the game! And I can only join in the praise. Very nice adventure.  :smiley:

SarahLiz

I just reached Kerona...how do I get past the aliens that reach up & grab me whenever I take a few steps?  I am completely clueless.

Wiggy

Have a good look at the plants. They live in rocky environments where there are no sandworms. (hint, hint)
Complete spoiler:
Spoiler
Zig-zag your way from plant to plant till you get to the left of the screen
[close]

SarahLiz

Well heck.  You’d think that’d be obvious to try…but I sure didn’t.  😆

Thank you!!  I’m sure I’ll be back with an equally silly question…

heltenjon

Quote from: SarahLiz on Sat 03/09/2022 05:29:38
Well heck.  You’d think that’d be obvious to try…but I sure didn’t.  😆
The in-game hints are
Spoiler
the description of the flowers, and that when you try to pick one, the game tells you something like that they are of more use where they are.
[close]

Wiggy

Hi Sarah Liz!

I love this game because it's "old school" adventure gaming, and the same rules apply to this and every game: Look at everything, open everything, talk to everyone, pick up everything that isn't nailed down. If you follow that you'll only die about 50 times :) I died about 206 times, but only because I forgot the rules. I hope you're enjoying it, takes me back to the Sierra days. You've just got to love Roger - he is, as we say in my country, a shit magnet.

Shadow1000

Quote from: The Last To Know on Mon 29/08/2022 22:08:52
You need to find your way further through the desert.
You will find
Spoiler
a cactus to drink some water from it.
[close]
And later
Spoiler
some kind of oasis.
[close]

I'm stuck at the same place.
Spoiler
I got water from the cactus and I know I'll have to get back to the egg to get more shell (at least I assume I need to?) I've seen the area with the  dark shadow overhead but spent about 45 minutes trying to find the oasis. Is there some logic to this part of the game or is it just a matter of trying every direction and restoring till you get it?
[close]

Wiggy

Hi Shadow1000,

No, you don't need to go back to the egg, you can't get more shell anyway. The search process is "hit and miss" in a way, but if you've been overflown by the big bird it's showing you a direction and you don't need to go too far.  Without playing it again I think that from the cactus you go
Spoiler
south, west, west. north and you should see an oasis in the distance.
[close]
I hope that helps and that you're enjoying the game. Cheers!

Shadow1000

Quote from: Wiggy on Mon 05/09/2022 19:14:32
Hi Shadow1000,

No, you don't need to go back to the egg, you can't get more shell anyway. The search process is "hit and miss" in a way, but if you've been overflown by the big bird it's showing you a direction and you don't need to go too far.  Without playing it again I think that from the cactus you go
Spoiler
south, west, west. north and you should see an oasis in the distance.
[close]
I hope that helps and that you're enjoying the game. Cheers!

Spoiler
Before I posted, I actually mapped out every square that you can reach after drinking from the cactus and unless my map is wrong, there is a killer cactus if you go (starting from the shadow) south, west, west as well as one to the north of that. (I just tried again and this is correct) Maybe there's a way to bypass the killer cactuses that I don't know about?
[close]

OK I tried again and
Spoiler
The oasis is SWWN from the egg, not the shadow
[close]

Thanks a lot!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk