[Editor feature request] Set character loop/frame in room editor

Started by Dave Gilbert, Thu 02/09/2021 17:45:41

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Gilbert

I have a character (lisa) who I want to walk over and sit at the computer.

While it's useful that I see her within the room editor, and I can move her around and see her x/y position, it would be nice to also be able to view a specific loop and frame number from within the room editor. That way, to use this as an example, I can view Lisa in her "sitting down" frame, position her accordingly, and see the x and y position that I need to use in the script. Right now, I have go into loop 0 of Lisa's view and change the frame graphic to her "sitting at computer" sprite. It does the job, but it's easy to forget to revert it back. Being able to make this change from within the editor would be a big time saver!

Crimson Wizard

To clarify, you are talking about being able to preview frames or animations in the room editor, and not about changing character's look persistently in game data?

Dave Gilbert

Matti

arj0n

Cassiebsg

Yup +1

Also, if not too hard, setting up the sprite scale would also be useful.  ;)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Alan v.Drake

It could be done with a module, fiddling with this stuff from ingame would be both easier and accurate (walkbehinds, tinting), then dumping all the parameters on a text file for script use.
There were talks of using the engine to render rooms, but until something like that is implemented you will always get a subpar experience from the editor, and trying hard to implement these mechanism at the moment would not be ideal IMHO.

- Alan

eri0o

We can add new properties that is only used in the Editor like preview frame and preview loop, these would not be serialized anywhere on the game files just as part of the project, and then use for rendering the room Editor - by using the property tab we avoid modifications in the room Editor.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk