Fullscreen problelm

Started by Chomba, Tue 21/09/2021 06:40:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Chomba

Hi!

I don't know what is going on.

AGS 3.5.0

I started a new project with the BASS template and when I put it in full screen it completely disconfigures. As if running in another resolution, also the mouse becomes erratic all of a sudden.

I upload the video showing what happens.
It only happens to me with the BASS template. With the others it works fine...

eri0o

Can you create a new game with said template and verify this still happens?

Chomba

This error is extremely rare, at least for me.
(I'm moving the game from 3.6 to 3.5 for port issues)
But apparently, if I gave the same name to the game as the one already made in 3.6, I got this error (even if it was saved in another directory). If I gave it any other name, it didn't happen and everything worked fine.
Of course, I ended up giving it the abbreviated name and that was it...

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Chomba on Tue 21/09/2021 11:29:19
But apparently, if I gave the same name to the game as the one already made in 3.6, I got this error (even if it was saved in another directory). If I gave it any other name, it didn't happen and everything worked fine.
Of course, I ended up giving it the abbreviated name and that was it...

If by "name" you mean the title, as a guess, this could be because it was using a config saved by another version of a game? It would also share saves.

Saves and user config are located in %USERPROFILE%\Saved Games\<GAME NAME> folder (on Windows). So if the game's name is the same it would share these.

BTW one of the potential reasons for the fast mouse movement in fullscreen is "mouse speed" setting in config.

eri0o

Quote from: Chomba on Tue 21/09/2021 11:29:19
(I'm moving the game from 3.6 to 3.5 for port issues)

Can you expand on that? What issues?

Chomba

QuoteIf by "name" you mean the title
Yes, indeed

QuoteBTW one of the potential reasons for the fast mouse movement in fullscreen is "mouse speed" setting in config.
No... it wasn't that, it was set to the minimum

QuoteCan you expand on that? What issues?
The person in charge of porting to nintendo switch in the future has the system set up to work with the 3.5.0 engine.

Chomba

I think I solved it.

It happened again with a new project that was running well. Suddenly and out of nowhere, the same problem.
I don't know what it has to do with the template (it kept happening, if I changed the template the problem went away), but apparently, my computer for some reason started to take a cintiq that I have turned off as another active screen and there I started to have problems with the full screen of the AGS, but if I put "only show this screen" everything went back to normal.

I don't quite understand what's going on, or why... but apparently that's how it's fixed :S

Anyway, now I know it's a problem with my PC/graphics card, I'm just going to ignore it and work in windowed mode.

Crimson Wizard

AGS was not suited to run fullscreen on a multi-monitor system; maybe it's better now with 3.6.0, but I'm not complete sure (haven't heard reports yet).

eri0o

@Chomba, you can test this by simply running acwin.exe from ags 3.6.0 (and sdl2.dll) on the same directory of your game data.

Chomba

QuoteAGS was not suited to run fullscreen on a multi-monitor system; maybe it's better now with 3.6.0, but I'm not complete sure (haven't heard reports yet).
In fact, I was using 3.6.0 for a long time, I didn't have any problem with this issue.

Quote@Chomba, you can test this by simply running acwin.exe from ags 3.6.0 (and sdl2.dll) on the same directory of your game data.
Test what? sorry, sorry, I don't understand

At least now I can rest assured that it is only on my PC and I can continue working. I don't mind working in windowed mode :)

thank you both for your time!

eri0o

I meant if the fullscreen issue you have happens with your hardware with the 3.6.0 build. I believe it should not happen, and this is a way you could make your game with 3.5.0 but release on the desktop using 3.6.0. (assuming this issue is a thing you want to prepare for, like you said, it appears to be a rare confluence of hardware)

Chomba

Ahh, now I understand better what you meant. It's not a bad idea either...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk