Aboard the Adventure - Chenke Games [DEMO - Steam/Itch.io]

Started by Chomba, Wed 22/09/2021 09:34:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Chomba

----NEWS----

The demo is available (permanently) on Steam if you want to give it a try!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1765670/Aboard_the_Adventure/

And also on Itch.io

https://chenkegames.itch.io/aboardemo

----- Original Post ------

Hello everyone! I'm very happy to finally be able to post my game here. I've been waiting until I had something advanced and sure to be finished to post something.

A little teaser

About Aboard the Adventure

Aboard the adventure is a humorous adventure game ( with ADVENTURE in capital letters!) where you will be part of the daring Captain Quinn's team, with the goal of beating up the sinister Professor Weaver in a race to get several ancient and mysterious artifacts that can change the fate of the world.

Shamelessly pulp!

Intrigue, tomb robbers, fisticuffs, NINJAS! Get ready for a roller coaster of thrills and action.
Use poison darts, machetes and whatever else you have on hand to work your way through your mission to save the world.

No man is an island!

You didn't think we were going to leave all the weight on Captain Quinn's shoulders, did you?
Throughout the game you will also control Miguel, the captain's best friend and second in command - out of a crew of two - aboard the SS Adventure. And also Doc: a brilliant academic whose high IQ is only surpassed by her adventurous spirit!

Fall in love with the characters!

With full voice acting and fun dialogue, you'll have a hard time forgetting the many diverse characters that populate the Aboard of Adventure universe. Besides, it won't all be about throwing punches: you'll also have to overcome your personal conflicts, help others and even solve some heart problems!

--------------------

Development of the game is more advanced in some departments than in others (3/4 of the game is already planned and mapped out), but has an estimated release date of February 2023. You'll probably see me a lot in the beginner's technical questions section!

--------------------

You can follow the development more on a daily basis on my twitter account: https://twitter.com/ChenkeGames
Although I'll keep updating here with the juiciest things when I have them ready :D

Cheers! I hope you like it!

heltenjon

I like it already!  :-D This looks and sounds really good.

Frodo

The game looks brilliant.   I get a strong Indy Jones & Fate Of Atlantis vibe from it.    :cheesy:

But... only steam?   :sad: :sad: :sad:
Any plans for a DRM-free release, so we're not forced to use the steam client? 
Maybe itch.io, or FireFlower Games?  They're both DRM-free.

TheFrighter

Quote from: Chomba on Wed 22/09/2021 09:34:52

Use poison darts, machetes and whatever else you have on hand to work your way through your mission to save the world.

This means it contains real-time fights?

_

Chomba

QuoteI like it already!  :-D This looks and sounds really good.

Thanks! :D

QuoteThe game looks brilliant.   I get a strong Indy Jones & Fate Of Atlantis vibe from it
Thematically, yes! it's also set in the same era (1937 or so), in terms of tone I think it's closer to Monkey Island. It's definitely closer spiritually to Lucas arts than it is to Sierra (I love them both, but I find that the game leans more to that side)..
Some say it reminds them of Flight of the amazon queen, although in my opinion FOTAQ is too delirious in comparison to what I aim to achieve.

QuoteBut... only steam?   :sad: :sad: :sad:

For now, yes, and it will probably be so during its promotion.
Later on I will look at the issue of taking it to more platforms because the issue of giving options is something that interests me a lot.

QuoteThis means it contains real-time fights?
Nope, means that you will have to figure out how to get around all your obstacles, including getting rid of those who try to stop you!

Frodo

That's a shame.   :cry:

Like I said, the game looks brilliant.  But since I don't support DRM, I won't be buying it from steam.

But I'll gladly give you my money when it's DRM-free. 

Quote from: Chomba on Wed 22/09/2021 17:50:23

QuoteBut... only steam?   :sad: :sad: :sad:

For now, yes, and it will probably be so during its promotion.
Later on I will look at the issue of taking it to more platforms because the issue of giving options is something that interests me a lot.

Darth Mandarb

I have split the DRM Discussion off to a new topic and moved it to General Discussion so you can continue (if you want).

Let's keep this thread about its game please, thanks! 8-)

Chomba

I'm currently working on the translations and voice-overs for the Demo... there might even be a surprise for one of these three languages!
(Portuguese translation will be revised in the next weeks, English and Spanish are ready :D)

Rincewind

Yeah, I really get some Flight of the Amazon Queen vibes from the screenshots. Looks great, definitely going on my steam wishlist!

Chomba

Thanks so much Rincewind! There have already been several people who have pointed out the Flight of the Amazon Queen vibe.
I'm willing to accept any favorable comparisons haha, but I think the tone of FOTAQ is much more delusional to what I'm aiming for!
But yeah! I guess the pulp nature of the stories can take us down similar paths!

Rincewind

Quote from: Chomba on Thu 21/10/2021 05:08:07
Thanks so much Rincewind! There have already been several people who have pointed out the Flight of the Amazon Queen vibe.
I'm willing to accept any favorable comparisons haha, but I think the tone of FOTAQ is much more delusional to what I'm aiming for!
But yeah! I guess the pulp nature of the stories can take us down similar paths!

Haha, yeah, it was mainly the pulpy feel and the lo-res graphics that made me think of it. I have no doubt it will be a quite different beast from FotAQ in the end! :) Good luck with it!

gaudog

Looks great! Reminds me of Indy, Lucasfilm Games. That Ninja looks really out of place, ha.  Harrison, lol.

Chomba

QuoteGood luck with it!
Thank you. (fingers crossed)

QuoteThat Ninja looks really out of place, ha.
I promise the ninjas will make sense! haha

QuoteHarrison, lol.
:grin:

QuoteLooks great! Reminds me of Indy, Lucasfilm Games.
Thank you, Lucas Arts games are the biggest source of inspiration in terms of spirit and style of the game I want to make!

SarahLiz

This looks soooooooo good.  Checked it out on Steam, and of course Wishlisted it!  It will (obviously) tickle the fancy of us classic gamers who are lifelong fans of Lucas Arts.  Can't wait till 2023 (!) when it's done! 

selmiak

rongel

This looks really great! Good luck with the production!
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

Chomba

QuoteThis looks soooooooo good.  Checked it out on Steam, and of course Wishlisted it!  It will (obviously) tickle the fancy of us classic gamers who are lifelong fans of Lucas Arts.  Can't wait till 2023 (!) when it's done!
Thank you very much! it means a lot  :grin: :grin:!

Quotethis should be fun!
I hope so! I am having a blast doing it!

QuoteThis looks really great! Good luck with the production!
Thank you!
Luckily it's going pretty well, and when I have problems that I can't get around the forum is giving me a huge hand.
Khris, Cassiebsg, Crimson Wizard, eri0o and a few others are partly responsible for me being able to get as far as I have so far. I couldn't be happier with this community!

Chomba

Hi, I'm just dropping by to let you know that the demo is now available on Steam if you want to give it a try!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1765670/Aboard_the_Adventure/

It will also be part of the BAE Fest which will start soon and will be available JAN 20th-24th.

(I am going to modify the original message also these days to make it more visible)

newwaveburritos

Oh, excellent!  I've been looking forward to trying this one out for some time now. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk