Aboard the Adventure - Chenke Games [DEMO - Steam/Itch.io]

Started by Chomba, Wed 22/09/2021 09:34:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Chomba

Quote from: newwaveburritos on Fri 21/01/2022 04:42:10
Oh, excellent!  I've been looking forward to trying this one out for some time now. 

Great! let me know what you think when you play it!

QuoteThat's looking really great!

Thanks! I hope you ejoy it!

Rik_Vargard

It was very fun to play the demo.
Classic with some nice "Easter eggs", great voice acting, beautiful graphics and funny puzzles.

Two things:

Spoiler

It's sometimes hard to click the hole in the ceiling because the Iconbar is so big and almost covering it

During the dialog with the professor, once back up, there is a sentence that's still written in Spanish while talking in English ;)
[close]

Chomba

Thank you!

about the other things:

Spoiler
QuoteIt's sometimes hard to click the hole in the ceiling because the Iconbar is so big and almost covering it

Yes, could be. I did it before I had the inventory completely defined and it looked like that. But I didn't see it so inaccessible that it would be worth modifying it (which would take a lot of work because it would also mean modifying the animation  :( ). But yes, it is a bit annoying, will remain as a lesson for the future.

During the dialog with the professor, once back up, there is a sentence that's still written in Spanish while talking in English

YES!!! something happened with the translation file (some silly and unintentional modification in the root line of the dialog), I fixed it, now it's the editor's job to change the demo to the updated one!

[close]

Thanks for the feedback  :-D

heltenjon

I gave it a go, too. Very good! The game doesn't hide its Indiana Jones references one bit.  ;-D It's fun to play - the characters bicker and have fun personalities (although you're playing on stereotypes, which I don't mind in this genre at all). The voice acting is quite good, I think. I couldn't tell it was the same person voicing different characters. Good job!

The puzzles in this demo are of the rewarding multi-step kind, which require some work and searching, but I felt progress and was very pleased when I solved it. The game looks and sounds like an adventure movie. Big kudos for the theme music and the close-up animations!

I also noticed the Spanish dialogue Rik mentioned. In addition, when playing with Spanish speech (I had to have a go just to hear it - did it with German subtitles just for the heck of it), the captain speaks English in his answer to Doc when he returns to the first chamber. It's such a short phrase, it could be intentional and no error, but I thought I'd mention it.

In conclusion, the demo is very promising and definitely makes the player yearn for the full game.  (nod)

Chomba

Glad you liked it!

Quote(although you're playing on stereotypes, which I don't mind in this genre at all)
Yes, it´s all about the Pulp style, as the game progresses, the characters will develop and you will see that it is not really that way. :D

QuoteI also noticed the Spanish dialogue Rik mentioned.
At this point it is already fixed, we replace the demo file by a corrected one :).

Quotewhen playing with Spanish speech (I had to have a go just to hear it - did it with German subtitles just for the heck of it), the captain speaks English in his answer to Doc when he returns to the first chamber.
Thanks for the heads up! I'll check it out as soon as I can and hopefully we can update it soon too!!

QuoteIn conclusion, the demo is very promising and definitely makes the player yearn for the full game.

Thank you very much for your words :D, they serve as fuel to keep on making  (laugh)

Michael2968

I really enjoyed the demo and I am looking forward to playing the full game.

Chomba

Alright, the definitive demo of Aboard the Adventure will be available from now on permanently on Steam! (updated, especially in the German texts thanks to Elvis Tanner  :-D)
I didn't know that by removing it from the store, those who downloaded it will no longer be able to play it. Sorry :P

I also plan to make an Itch page with the demo in the future (I'll let you know here too when it's ready).

Chomba

The demo is now also available on its Itch.io page  :grin::

https://chenkegames.itch.io/aboardemo

(I will also update the first post with this info)

Chomba

Quotethis is great. I longplayed the demo

Thanks! technically it would be a shortplay, wouldn't it?  (laugh)

I have a query. Did you notice that there is a slight difference in color tones between the original and your capture? I noticed it mostly in the reddish tones, which in your capture look more like orange. Not that I'm complaining, but it caught my attention and I don't know if anyone mentioned it to you before. :grin:

selmiak

Quote from: Chomba on Mon 14/03/2022 19:30:26
Quotethis is great. I longplayed the demo

Thanks! technically it would be a shortplay, wouldn't it?  (laugh)

I have a query. Did you notice that there is a slight difference in color tones between the original and your capture? I noticed it mostly in the reddish tones, which in your capture look more like orange. Not that I'm complaining, but it caught my attention and I don't know if anyone mentioned it to you before. :grin:

a way-too-short-play! Gimme more! :)

some colors might appear different when you record off of the screen, either from my gfx card, display settings or from colorspace settings in OBS or from rendering the whole thing in 16:9 in AE and whatnot, but I didn't notice fatal colorchanges.

Chomba

Nah, don't worry, it's just a detail that I found curious.

Quotea way-too-short-play! Gimme more!
I'm on it!

Pogwizd

What a lovely demo! I really liked the puzzles, because they never held me back for too long, as well as the animations. It was nice to see a dedicated animation to each action. I agree with everyone above sensing The Flight of the Amazon Queen or Indiana Jones vibes. Comparing to other AGS games I’ve played recently (only a couple, really) the voice acting was a nice addition. Also, I loved Miguel :D

Two things:
Spoiler

- I downloaded the game today from itch.io, and there was a warning txt file saying: Script : (room:3)[R 30] Wait() was used in Player Enters Screen - use Enters Screen After Fadein instead

- I got confused by one thing. When Harrison talks to Miguel, Miguel hints at the fact that they journey into the jungle took a full day. However, when being confronted by the Professor, it is shown that Miguel and the Doc are already tied up and kept at something that looked like a deck of a ship. Which suggested that the thugs already made their way back to the shore with the captives. I am guessing there might be other explanations for it, but I thought some may find it inconsistent. Sorry, if I am being too picky, but I just thought I’d share my thoughts. Don’t get me wrong, though, this was an awesome demo :)
[close]

Chomba

QuoteWhat a lovely demo! I really liked the puzzles, because they never held me back for too long, as well as the animations. It was nice to see a dedicated animation to each action. I agree with everyone above sensing The Flight of the Amazon Queen or Indiana Jones vibes. Comparing to other AGS games I’ve played recently (only a couple, really) the voice acting was a nice addition. Also, I loved Miguel :D

Thanks, I´m glad you liked it :D. In fact, Miguel is very lovable haha.

Spoiler
Quote- I downloaded the game today from itch.io, and there was a warning txt file saying: Script : (room:3)[R 30] Wait() was used in Player Enters Screen - use Enters Screen After Fadein instead

- I got confused by one thing. When Harrison talks to Miguel, Miguel hints at the fact that they journey into the jungle took a full day. However, when being confronted by the Professor, it is shown that Miguel and the Doc are already tied up and kept at something that looked like a deck of a ship. Which suggested that the thugs already made their way back to the shore with the captives. I am guessing there might be other explanations for it, but I thought some may find it inconsistent. Sorry, if I am being too picky, but I just thought I’d share my thoughts. Don’t get me wrong, though, this was an awesome demo :)

- I have no idea what that is because the game runs smoothly, you are talking about the text inside the warnings.log , no?

- Miguel says it took them a whole day to get there through the middle of the jungle (on foot), which doesn't mean that the bad guys don't have cars or know about other roads.
On the other hand, when harrison is climbing the vine there are two time ellipses: "a while later" and "Incredibly later" which would have given them enough time to get to the ship. By the way, it was not Weaver and Mice who took them to the ship, but the other henchmen mentioned at the beginning of the conversation with Weaver.
[close]

FireFlower

Looks good. Feel free to contact me if you want it in my store as well.
Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk