Videos not playing anymore in AGS ? Says I need to download Roxio?

Started by Icey, Thu 23/09/2021 06:54:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Icey

In all my years of using AGS I've never seen this type of error come up that kinda just seems annoying to deal with...
Not only is this the first time I'm seeing this issue, but it wasn't an issue until I tried to play a second video in my project.

Now neither of the videos work. But just before when I last sat down to test things it worked out.

It seems it wants me to locate the file called CPDP.msi? Which, I guess I could try downloading it, because I don't recall getting rid of whatever it is?
It wants me to check in "\Temp\RarSFX0\CPDECODERPACK_GAME1X\" for it, but when I got to look for it I can't even locate those folders after \Temp\?

I also just tried reinstalling AGS, hoping that would fix it, and nada. I'm not sure if this is just a random ags problem, or something I did I was not aware of before.
Would you recommend I just go ahead and download it?

If so, is there a link for a free version that someone would suggest? I really don't want to pay $15 bucks for something I'm not even sure of what happened to it in the first place...

Khris

That file seems to belong to Roxio's Easy Media Creator 9 or 10. Did you use that at one point? Try reinstalling it.
If it is installed and you aren't using it, try uninstalling it. Then, if necessary, install the K-Lite Code pack (it's free).

(What happened I figure is that Roxio installed a bunch of codecs and playing a video now requires those codecs but they're missing for some reason so Windows is trying to automatically reinstall them but the temporary folder from back when the Setup extracted the setup files no longer exists)

Cassiebsg

Also, what format are your videos?
Ogg should play without needing to install anything else, as far as I remember. Any other format will use the windows default player for that format/codec to render.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Icey

I'm sorry guys! I thought I listed the file type. I was using an MP4, which I created through a Adobe media encoder (and created the video itself in After Effects)

But thanks for the tips. I forgot that Ogg also works as a video format. I think the weirdest part is was actually just working before with no problems, and now it just doesn't.
Maybe the files are there and got changed around or something. I have no clue haha.

Actually, thinking on it now... I may have accidentally uninstalled it over the weekend when upgrading my PC and looking to clear out some space from apps I didn't use. I don't remember if Roxio was one of them, but this was most likely the case. As I didn't recognize the name of the file, or know that's how AGS loaded MP4 videos.

With that being said, K-Lite sounds like my best shot. I'll give that a download and edit back in if it works!

UPDATE:

Ok, so maybe I installed the wrong package, but I went with the basic version. I figured I didn't perhaps needing toooo extra, so I thought I would be good going with that.

However, now I have a different type of issue on my hands. It's no longer looking for Roxio (which the installation of K-Lite took care, but did tell me there were a bunch of other registry key issues it said it could fix. I wanted to add that for the sake of noting), but now I get this type of error code displayed.

(Don't mind the GUI in the back lol)

I restarted my PC and everything after installing the stuff, and I just can't wrap my head around this one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk