Can you suggest any material as inspiration for dark/psychological/horror art?

Started by KyriakosCH, Tue 03/08/2021 07:32:37

Previous topic - Next topic

milkanannan

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Sat 21/08/2021 23:41:18

I remember as a kid my friend’s family had an original copy of this book (I think it was in German?) In my family we had something similar: a bunch of random English nursery tales but I remember on one of the pages was a picture of a witch that had flown into a child’s bedroom window and was scooping them up as punishment for …I think not listening to their parents or something? Was terrifying.

Edit: I just read the wiki, and it looks like the book that image is from was published in 1845, so obv my friend’s family was reading a reprint and not an original. Still, a creepy roundabout way to teach basic lessons to children.

KyriakosCH

Fear/threats seem to work on children, particularly if they think that if something is in a book, it must have been regarded as important  :=
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

milkanannan

Quote from: KyriakosCH on Fri 24/09/2021 09:29:59
Fear/threats seem to work on children, particularly if they think that if something is in a book, it must have been regarded as important  :=

Yeah it gets the job done quickly and easily, but as a parent and teacher I know for a fact that if you just take the time to explain to kids, even very very young kids, why they should/shouldn't do something they will understand and respect the rule (the majority of the time). If you can't give them a good reason, then your rule is stupid and shouldn't exist. (laugh)

KyriakosCH

This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk