Previous topic - Next topic

heltenjon

Money joke continued in spoilers:
Quote from: Pogwizd on Sun 06/06/2021 18:29:37
Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 06/06/2021 13:21:36
Spoiler

Spoiler
"How many pieces of eight do you want for that gas station?" (laugh)
[close]
True. One would need a really big bag of coins to buy a whole gas station : )
[close]
Spoiler
The fun part is that you could carry the coins with ease, because of the low gravity. Any coin toss could result in a new satelite.
[close]

Pogwizd

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 06/06/2021 19:40:31
Money joke continued in spoilers:
Quote from: Pogwizd on Sun 06/06/2021 18:29:37
Spoiler

Spoiler
"How many pieces of eight do you want for that gas station?" (laugh)
[close]
True. One would need a really big bag of coins to buy a whole gas station : )
[close]
Spoiler
The fun part is that you could carry the coins with ease, because of the low gravity. Any coin toss could result in a new satelite.
[close]

Spoiler

Speaking of gravity. The children playing with the paper planes mention that the gravity specifically on Trappist is very low. But, if they were Trappistians (?), would they actually feel the need to highlight that the gravity on Trappist is this or that? I mean for them it would be just gravity, wouldn't it?

I know I am overthinking stuff right now, but I've just downed two Leffes and I really can't stop thinking about it...  : )
[close]

Mandle

I recognized Lorenzo's art from the screen shots immediately. Beautiful as always!

lorenzo

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 06/06/2021 19:40:31
Spoiler
[close]
Spoiler
Now you're giving us puzzle ideas for a potential sequel. (laugh)
[close]

Quote from: Pogwizd on Sun 06/06/2021 21:16:40
Spoiler

Speaking of gravity. The children playing with the paper planes mention that the gravity specifically on Trappist is very low. But, if they were Trappistians (?), would they actually feel the need to highlight that the gravity on Trappist is this or that? I mean for them it would be just gravity, wouldn't it?

I know I am overthinking stuff right now, but I've just downed two Leffes and I really can't stop thinking about it...  : )
[close]
Spoiler
Maybe they're just showing off to the grown-up what they have learnt at school about gravity on different planets. ;)
[close]

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 07/06/2021 09:52:59
I recognized Lorenzo's art from the screen shots immediately. Beautiful as always!
Thanks, mate! :cheesy:

Pogwizd

I said I would post a review after finishing the game and I did but only on itch.io. Only now I realised I haven't posted anything here.
So here it goes:

The game has an amazing atmosphere and right from the beginning you start to feel the drama of people living on the planet. I found the image with the cranes and red sky particularly memorable.

As some pointed out, there is plenty of narrative. I believe it's a matter of taste, so it really depends on what you are looking for in an adventure game.

I found the puzzles to be relatively easy, however, they were logical and fun to solve.

To sum up, I enjoyed it a lot : )

lorenzo

Thanks for both your comments (here and on itch), Pogwizd!

Quote from: Pogwizd on Sun 20/06/2021 17:38:43
As some pointed out, there is plenty of narrative. I believe it's a matter of taste, so it really depends on what you are looking for in an adventure game.
Some of the text could've been "presented" better, especially in some dialogues, but being a jam game there was so little time to fine-tune things! With a week more, some parts could've been edited a bit. But I think Formosa Falanster did a great job with it, especially adding all those extra descriptions when looking at things and giving objects to people!

Syos Spaniel

A short, enjoyable game with a well written story, very nice art, and easy puzzles. I recommend playing it.

FormosaFalanster

Quote from: Syos Spaniel on Wed 01/09/2021 15:11:09
A short, enjoyable game with a well written story, very nice art, and easy puzzles. I recommend playing it.

Glad you like it, thanks :)
If you want to support us you can consider posting such a comment on the game page, or even the game pages on itch.io and gamejolt, as it brings us more players!

selmiak

cool game with great lineart. I recorded a longplay here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28FSMWhusxM

dactylopus

This is a nice, charming game.  Very enjoyable.  Fantastic art.  Thanks!

Syos Spaniel

Quote from: FormosaFalanster on Thu 02/09/2021 09:02:45
Quote from: Syos Spaniel on Wed 01/09/2021 15:11:09

Glad you like it, thanks :)
If you want to support us you can consider posting such a comment on the game page, or even the game pages on itch.io and gamejolt, as it brings us more players!

I copied and pasted the comment onto the game page and the itch.io page for the game. Sorry it took me so long. I hope lots more people play this game.

lorenzo

dactylopus: I'm really happy you enjoyed the game! Thank you for your nice words!

Syos Spaniel: thanks a lot for your comments, soon or late it doesn't matter! In fact, I took forever to reply to this thread myself :P

FormosaFalanster

Before we announce our upcoming AGS game (think Breakfast on Trappist-1 but much longer!) we are happy to share a little side-project we did: an illustrated and interactive short story that you can play here for free and in browser.

https://formosafalanster.itch.io/ldoab

Check this out, Lorenzo is still as good as ever:

Enjoy!

heltenjon

I read/played the interactive story, and it was great! You are really good at delving into different cultures and backgrounds. There are also several nice small touches, like how the protagonist changes nicknames for his ex on this phone. Great writing! Lorenzo's art is brilliant as always, but is restricted to locations this time. The illustrations add to the atmosphere, but takes a lesser part in this story than in Breakfast.

Kweepa

Lovely little game! Very evocative. Thank you so much!
Still waiting for Purity of the Surf II

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk