AGS crashes every time because of installed font.

Started by WanderingWizard, Wed 20/10/2021 20:57:45

Previous topic - Next topic

WanderingWizard

Hi all. I'm working on an AGS game for ScreamJam 2021 on itch.io, and I have three days left. Late into the game, I tried to change the font, and I guess I installed one AGS didn't like. Every time I try to run the game, it crashes. Unfortunately, now every time I try to open the font to change it, the editor also crashes. It's my "normal" font, so AGS won't let me delete it. Someone please help!

I apologize if something like this has already been posted, but every time I try to search the forums it says "You did that less than 5 seconds ago!" even though it was literally the first time I tried searching for something with this username.

Crimson Wizard

Please tell if there's any error message when it crashes? Could you upload this font somewhere for us to check it out?

In regards to fixing the game, I think you may simply replace the font file in the game folder. It should be called "agsfntX.ttf" or "agsfntX.wfn", where X is font number.

WanderingWizard

Your suggestion worked, thank you! I looked through the AGS directory listing for a file starting with the word "font," I should have just ctrl-F'd it.

There was no error message, it just died immediately. The font is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yluzCfOT3G9zMC1A2kQpKv3zss2GAfJB/view?usp=sharing

I appreciate you!

Crimson Wizard

I confirm that AGS fails to load this font properly, something may be wrong in the font library its using.

For now I'll try to make it at least not crash stupidly and just report an error.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk