Dad passed away..

Started by Slasher, Mon 01/11/2021 15:57:50

Previous topic - Next topic

Slasher

My Dad passed away last week. He was 93 with dementia and an infection..  Gone but never forgotten... He is in a far better place now.. R.I.P. Dad xxx

Danvzare

That sucks.  :~(
I'm sorry for your loss. But hey, at least you had your dad for most of your life. That's more than most people can say.

Why don't you tell us a bit about him?
After all, the people we knew, live on through the stories we tell.
But if you can't, then I understand.

I hope you're doing ok.

Frodo

I'm so sorry for your loss, Slasher.   :cry:
My condolences to you and your family. 

Keep him in your heart. 

TheFrighter

Thank you for share it with us.
Someone could  say that a death of a parent is personal matter, but no man is an island. Even in this digital world.

_

Mandle

My dad also passed away some years back after a long time with dementia. It is a weird grey zone for loved-ones when the person they knew disappears from their sight slowly like that. The grieving process starts earlier on and there is no clear line of when it is done. To me, it felt like he was already gone towards the end and, when the news came finally, I felt a great relief for my dad that he didn't have to hang around anymore pointlessly. I knew he would have hated that, but that didn't stop me from hating myself a bit for feeling that way.

If you need a talk, mate, I am here. If you want to talk in person with someone who has been through something similar, then PM me.

Mr condolences, Les, my good friend.

dactylopus

So sorry to hear that.  All the best to you and your loved ones.

My family lost my father's father and mother's mother last year (not related to Covid).  Around my father's 70th birthday this year, it was certainly on my mind.  Not sure how I would deal with that, but hopefully I've got more time to figure that out.

WanderingWizard

The secret of life is to never be forgotten. Your post here will help preserve his memory, at least among a few friends.

Tycho Magnetic Anomaly

how are things slasher? deepest sympathies and your dads passing, although you can't see him, he lives on in you and will always be with you.
there will be tough days ahead, and just when you think your right, a thought, a memory, an occasion, an object,  a date comes along and will set you back a step, but whatever your feeling now  it WILL get better and keep getting better as time goes on.

Ponch

Very sorry for your loss, Slasher.

Slasher

Thank you so much guys....I appreciate you...

He has now been cremated and has returned to the stars...

Thank you all..

Mandle

Quote from: Slasher on Sun 21/11/2021 15:00:30
Thank you so much guys....I appreciate you...

He has now been cremated and has returned to the stars...

Thank you all..

It's tough. My mum and dad are in little brick cases in a wall somewhere. I wish I could have spread their ashes somewhere, but that was not their wishes. But a little notch in a wall with a sign seems so unnatural to me.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk