Burn me Like the Rain

Started by FormosaFalanster, Thu 18/11/2021 11:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

FormosaFalanster

The team that gave you Breakfast on Trappist-1 is back with a new game:

[imgzoom]https://i.imgur.com/pjyiS8O.png[/imgzoom]

The rain hasn't stopped for over a year. The city is soaked.

Most locals moved away, but those who once were outcasts adapted to the deserted metropolis.

You are tasked with a mission: finding what power causes this endless rain...

Explore a permanently dark city under a constant storm, investigate and crawl back to the source of the mystery.

Walk a thin line between two women who play with your mind.

Will you burn like the rain?

A sample of the locations that are already completed? Look at this city:

The game will feature a story by FormosaFalanster, graphics by Lorenzo, and original music by Lithuanian composer Ingaja (see her work here).

Expected release in March 2022. This is a commercial game!

-A first-person point-and-click graphic adventure with all the pleasure of exploration and problem-solving without the pixel chase and the usual tropes.
-The weird multicultural stories of FormosaFalanster, the immersive hand-drawn artworks of Lorenzo, and the atmospheric sounds of Ingaja.
-A true investigation with clues and characters with their own motivations, personalities, and backstories.
-An emotional backstory for the city and its dwellers, conveyed through gameplay as you make your way through the universe the authors built for you.
-A personal story for the hero as well, and a love triangle that gets intertwined with the investigation.

See more at the game's itch.io page and follow us on twitter for more updates!

Mandle

I recognized the Lorenzos instantly. Amazing as always.

heltenjon

Looking great! The comic book style make me want to see Lorenzo's Gotham City...but I guess a creation of these two guys is even better.  (nod)

sthomannch

Looks really great, your description promises a good story. Can't wait to play this one and immerse into this world.

selmiak

now this looks tasty! very promising. :)

The Great Underground Empire

Beautiful art!  Very Watchman/Sandman/Eisner.

milkanannan

Frodo

This looks wonderful   :cheesy:
Glad to see it's DRM-free on itch.io!

Creamy

Nice. I can't wait to see more characters.

lorenzo

Thank you everybody for the kind words!

Quote from: Mandle on Thu 18/11/2021 12:48:28
I recognized the Lorenzos instantly. Amazing as always.

Thank you! You have a good eye! (and I hope the other one isn't too bad either :P)

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 18/11/2021 14:31:52
Looking great! The comic book style make me want to see Lorenzo's Gotham City...but I guess a creation of these two guys is even better.  (nod)

Haha! Actually, there's a building in the game that is kinda Gotham City-esque, now that you make me think about it. But I've yet to finish drawing it. ;)

Quote from: sthomannch on Thu 18/11/2021 15:45:21
Looks really great, your description promises a good story. Can't wait to play this one and immerse into this world.
I think FormosaFalanster is building quite an interesting world and characters, hope you'll like it!  :cheesy:

Quote from: PlayPretend on Fri 19/11/2021 13:53:55
Thank you! Unfortunately, I haven't read those, but they certainly look fantastic! I should actually read more comics, but I'm so slow because I look at all the details in each panel and so they take me forever! (laugh)

Quote from: selmiak on Thu 18/11/2021 22:34:34
now this looks tasty! very promising. :)
Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 19/11/2021 14:16:26
This looks amazing!

Thank you both!  :cheesy:

Quote from: Frodo on Fri 19/11/2021 14:31:44
This looks wonderful   :cheesy:
Glad to see it's DRM-free on itch.io!

Yes, we're planning to release it on Itch, so no DRM! Who wants that stuff anyway?  :P

Quote from: Creamy on Sat 20/11/2021 09:35:56
Nice. I can't wait to see more characters.

More characters soon! Soon-ish. Well, as soon as I've finished drawing them, really. ;)

Vincent

The graphics are stunningly amazing! While looking at the first and second screenshots I said to myself, these graphics look a lot like lorenzo's style! Then I went down and readed graphics are made by lorenzo :-D they are truly stunning, congrats as usual!!

FormosaFalanster

Thanks for the reception everyone, that is very encourageing!  :)

We will keep a devlog on itch.io, and update it as least once a week, click here for the first post.

Frodo

The graphics are gorgeous.    :grin:

Really looking forward to this. 

Mandle

Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 21/11/2021 19:24:26
Quote from: PlayPretend on Fri 19/11/2021 13:53:55
Thank you! Unfortunately, I haven't read those, but they certainly look fantastic! I should actually read more comics, but I'm so slow because I look at all the details in each panel and so they take me forever! (laugh)

If you look for all the details in Watchmen it will take you a month to get through the first chapter. There are several scenes shown from different characters' points of view on the same street at the same time and you can even see the same random pieces of trash blowing by from the different angles, and the same cars driving by the different areas in the same order etc.

Which would be all easy to do now with computer modeling assistance, but not so easy back then.

lorenzo

Quote from: Vincent on Sun 21/11/2021 22:41:35
The graphics are stunningly amazing! While looking at the first and second screenshots I said to myself, these graphics look a lot like lorenzo's style! Then I went down and readed graphics are made by lorenzo :-D they are truly stunning, congrats as usual!!
Haha! Thank you very much! :grin:

Quote from: Frodo on Mon 22/11/2021 10:40:31
The graphics are gorgeous.    :grin:

Really looking forward to this. 
Thank you, Frodo! Can't wait to show more backgrounds and characters!  :cheesy:

Quote from: Mandle on Mon 22/11/2021 22:56:59
If you look for all the details in Watchmen it will take you a month to get through the first chapter. There are several scenes shown from different characters' points of view on the same street at the same time and you can even see the same random pieces of trash blowing by from the different angles, and the same cars driving by the different areas in the same order etc.
That actually sounds awesome, I love that attention to detail. I should find at least the first chapter and read it (taking a free month to look at it, obviously ;) )!

FormosaFalanster

We started testing the sound of the rain! It is awesome! You can read all about it in the devlog.

You can also hear the first test of the sound in this video:

Enjoy!

FormosaFalanster

Here comes a new devlog: creating the city was fascinating, none the least because this city under a permanent rain is pretty much the main character of the game in itself! Here is how we designed it: https://formosafalanster.itch.io/blmtr/devlog/322296/how-we-created-the-city-of-burn-me-like-the-rain If you found it interesting, give it a "like" as it puts the devlog higher!

Development is going at the right pace so far!

heltenjon

That's a fascinating read and makes me want to play this even more. Liked!

FormosaFalanster

For those who prefer Gamejolt, we also put "Burn me Like the Rain" out there! You can still follow the devlog there too, and follow the game itself with a like. We are still advancing at a good pace so everything is good!

The Gamejolt page: https://gamejolt.com/games/bmltr/669657

lorenzo

New image, this time with some characters, so it doesn't look like a deserted city anymore! Only a half-deserted one. :P

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk