Zid Journey

Started by CrashPL, Thu 18/11/2021 17:58:10

Previous topic - Next topic

CrashPL

Last year you went on an Adventure...
Now get ready for a Journey - a Zid Journey!

Ready for round two? The cartoony dinosaurs are back in the second chapter of the Zid and Zniw Chronicles series! Featuring a familiar look and feel, Zid Journey will combine classic point-and-click adventure gameplay with charming cartoon visuals, comic book-esque art style, and frame-by-frame animation - essentially everything you loved about Zniw Adventure will make a grand return in Zid Journey! And just like the previous game, Zid Journey aims to be an enjoyable experience for both beginner and veteran adventure game players!

Happening in the same timeframe as our previous title, the new game will explore even more of the prehistoric world and characters in a cartoony fashion! Even some familiar faces might make an appearance...

Zid - a young dinosaur from Magmosian forests - spots an abandoned egg while looking around for some firewood. With no parents or nest in sight, Zid decides to take the egg to safety and ask fellow dinosaurs about it. However, much to everyone's shock the egg soon hatches into a carnivorous hatchling - a baby Daspletosaurus! As these predators are feared in Magmosia, the forest inhabitants pressure Zid to get rid of the hatchling. Zid, however, soon disappears from the forest as he decides to reunite the hatchling with its lost parents instead.
It will be a daunting task, as the only clue of the hatchling's origin is an unknown village deep in the far away Northern Borderlands...

• Charming retro visuals
It's like '90s again, but better! Enjoy cartoony hand-drawn backgrounds and frame-byframe animation - now in 16:9 widescreen!

• More than just a hatchling
The tiny dino in your backpack will give you some hints and help in other ways on your journey. You can even play as the baby Daspletosaurus in its own unique segments!

• Adventuring made easier
Featuring an improved one-click verb coin, story recap, mini-map, and on-screen menu buttons - to make your journey easier!

• New (and familiar) friends and foes
You will meet more than 20 different prehistoric creatures during your journey - including seldom seen ones like Mercuriceratops, Citipes, or Albertonectes.

• Encyclopedia is back, baby!
The optional in-game encyclopedia fills up with information about creatures, items, andlocations you encounter during your travels.

• A pleasant sountrack - once again
Denis 'Problem' Comtesse, the man behind the beloved OST of Zniw Adventure, returns as the main composer of the game!

Technical details: AGS 3.5.0.26, 640x360 @ 32-bit

Ramorama

Sensational! :cheesy: I would not have thought that after your fabulous Zniw Adventure screenshots and animations are already ready! I'm already looking forward to Zid Journey!

I like the idea with the baby Daspletosaurus in the backpack  :smiley:

CrashPL

Quote from: RamoramaInteractive on Thu 18/11/2021 19:36:55
I like the idea with the baby Daspletosaurus in the backpack  :smiley:

Thank you! Yeah, the little bebby became an instant hit among our fans haha. Your backpack buddy will also help you outside of the inventory during certain sections too!

Matagot

That looks absolutely amazing!!! I love the animations!

That dino bobba is way too much cute! My hug instincts are on overload  :grin: :grin: :grin:

dactylopus

Really fun looking game, full of charm.  I love the character designs and art style.  Your animations are fantastic!

TheFrighter

I'm amazed you're still hot for another dinosaur game, CrashPL!  8-0
_

CrashPL

Quote from: TheFrighter on Mon 22/11/2021 08:19:29
I'm amazed you're still hot for another dinosaur game, CrashPL!  8-0
_

Yep, we still have some stories to tell in the prehistoric land of Polisemia!

And thanks everyone, we're really glad you like our stuff so far! Now then, it wouldn't be a proper Zid & Zniw thread without an adequate amount of animated GIFs, right? :grin:

FanOfHumor

I enjoyed playing your game Zniw Adventure very much and I'm sure that Zid Journey is going to be great. ;)
The characters reactions and dazzling flickering animations really catch your eyes. 8-0

CrashPL

Oh wow, has it really been that long? I'm much more active on AGS' Discord, but I think I should be logging here more often. :-D Guess it's time for an update, as our dinosaurs are still going super strong!

Due to a new widescreen resolution, all familiar menus and GUIs will get an overhaul as well:

Cassiebsg

Weee, more dinos! (or the same as well :)

Good luck with production, looking amazing as usual!
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Hobo

Looks as (or maybe even more) gorgeous as the first one, your games have the best gifs, keep 'em coming!

CaptainD

I can't believe I haven't already commented on this thread! Once again, The Land Before Time turned into an adventure game, but without the singing. It's a win-win!  :-D

CrashPL

Oh wow, really loving that new forums look! Man, I definitely should log in more often.

Anyway! Some exciting news today, as Zid Journey is now live on Kickstarter, along with a demo version on Steam for all platforms (Windows, Linux/Steam Deck/MacOS). In other words you can begin your next dinosaur Journey today! :-D

Kickstarter
Steam demo

And yes, I promise I'll add it to the AGS Game Database once I'm done with all the mails and messages we've received!

CaptainD

Big congrats on reaching your campaign target ALREADY dude!!!

Lots of yellow animated dino point and click fans out there  ;)

eri0o

Congratulations on successfully getting funded!!  ;-D

Danvzare

Congratulations on getting the funding so quickly.  :-D

Also, I wish you good luck on hitting all of those stretch goals.  :-D

CrashPL

Thanks so much everyone! It was a huge surprise for us too, but a very pleasant one - most of the early traffic came from our delightful dinosaur community!

And best of all, the good news doesn't end there, as in the meantime we managed to hit the translation stretch goal, meaning Zid Journey will be available in German and French at launch as well!

Ah, and as promised, I've added the demo to the AGS database too!

FanOfHumor

Could you please make a link to the demo using somewhere other than steam?

CrashPL

Yep! The demo is available on GOG as well! :-D

ALEX WOLFYZ

Wow, looks fantastic.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk