AGS Forums is back, Jerry! It's BACK!!!

Started by Mandle, Thu 28/10/2021 22:14:17

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

What happened? That was a scary-long downtime!

Stupot

I was getting concerned. I don’t even post all that much these days but I always check. I was seriously beginning to contemplate a post-forum world, and it wasn’t pretty.

WanderingWizard

I just got back after a many, many years' hiatus. I used to be 'esper' around here, and I started 20 years ago. I just got back and set up here again after all this time, and suddenly the forums went offline for such a long time. I have been super worried! I was looking forward to rejoining the community!

Stupot

Quote from: WanderingWizard on Fri 29/10/2021 01:21:17
I just got back after a many, many years' hiatus. I used to be 'esper' around here, and I started 20 years ago. I just got back and set up here again after all this time, and suddenly the forums went offline for such a long time. I have been super worried! I was looking forward to rejoining the community!
Welcome back Wandering Wizard a.k.a. Esper. I remember that name. Some folks you’ll remember are still knocking about.

WanderingWizard

You're one of them, although I don't remember you that well. Nice to see familiar faces (screen names, I should say) again!

OneDollar

Quote from: WanderingWizard on Fri 29/10/2021 01:21:17
I just got back and set up here again after all this time, and suddenly the forums went offline for such a long time.
Me too, the ScummVM news got me thinking about AGS again but when I checked the forums were down. Was worried you guys had disappeared!

Mandle

rongel

I wouldn't know what to do if the site goes down! I know it's Halloween, but this is too scary!
Dreams in the Witch House on Steam & GOG

WanderingWizard

WHY, AGS forums, why??? She canna take much more o' this, cap'n!

Ponch

Hooray! The forums came back from the dead!

milkanannan

Lol is Seinfeld funny outside of US/Canada? I like it, but I always thought that form of comedy didn't make it too far.

Mandle

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 10/12/2021 02:21:26
Lol is Seinfeld funny outside of US/Canada? I like it, but I always thought that form of comedy didn't make it too far.

It was/is absolutely HUGE in Australia and still shown in reruns on broadcast TV pretty much every day on some channel somewhere.

If it counts, also, my Japanese wife is currently watching for the first time ever on Netflix and absolutely loving it.

Stupot

I’m currently halfway through the entire series having never really sat down and watched it before. I’m very much enjoying it. I can’t get a sense of whether or not it was particularly popular in the UK at the time. It was definitely on, and I know many people liked it, but I’m guessing it got so overshadowed by Friends that it never really became that much of a phenomenon.

Mandle

Quote from: Stupot on Fri 10/12/2021 04:33:57
I’m guessing it got so overshadowed by Friends that it never really became that much of a phenomenon.

And Neighbors, mate.

heltenjon

Quote from: milkanannan on Fri 10/12/2021 02:21:26
It was a big hit in Norway, at least.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk