Rather Interesting Idea (for AGS games, or games in general)

Started by DBoyWheeler, Mon 31/01/2022 23:20:29

Previous topic - Next topic

DBoyWheeler

I had this random thought for those working on AGS games...

Wouldn't it be awesomesauce if Yuzo Koshiro (yes, THAT Yuzo Koshiro) did music for an AGS game?

DBoyWheeler

Thanks.  Yeah, I seldom had much to speak of, but I do visit from time to time.

eri0o

Hey, about the first question, I think such music would work great with a jrpg like or touhou like graphics. The point and click traditional aesthetic, not sure about it, point and clicks are hard to have a good rythm.

Rik_Vargard

Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Mon 31/01/2022 23:20:29

Wouldn't it be awesomesauce if Yuzo Koshiro (yes, THAT Yuzo Koshiro) did music for an AGS game?

That would be nice! Thanks for the discovery, I didn't know him.

Quote from: eri0o on Wed 02/02/2022 14:22:40
Hey, about the first question, I think such music would work great with a jrpg like or touhou like graphics. The point and click traditional aesthetic, not sure about it, point and clicks are hard to have a good rythm.

He might be able to create the right music, I think (for what I've seen on YouTube :P )

Danvzare

Quote from: Rik_Vargard on Wed 02/02/2022 15:06:17
Quote from: DBoyWheeler on Mon 31/01/2022 23:20:29

That would be nice! Thanks for the discovery, I didn't know him.
You should check out Yoko Shimomura.
If there's a memorable piece of music you can recall from a game that was made in Japan, chances are she's the one who composed it.

She's the only composer whose music I can instantly recognize as having been made by her, and I have no musical ability to recognize that kind of thing whatsoever.
It was amazing when I was randomly playing a game, heard a song and thought "Hey, that sounds like Yoko Shimomura's work", and when I looked, it was!

Rik_Vargard

Oh well and another great discovery! Thank you very much! :)

Fun fact I played none of the games where these two composers were involved :D

I know Nobuo Uematsu from the Final Fantasy games, and what I find fantastic about Yoko Shimomura for FF 15 (YouTube), is that she managed to really make me think it was Nobuo Uematsu because she "understands" so much of the FF universe as a composer.

Well now I have a lot of great music to listen to !! :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk