Remnants of a long project - the Fountain of Youth

Started by Miez, Tue 30/11/2021 20:59:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Mati256

Quote from: Miez on Thu 02/12/2021 10:00:08
Quote from: Mati256 on Thu 02/12/2021 01:12:22
Thank you Miez!
I would have loved to play that fight inside a truck or to be in Buenos Aires.
But, the thing I'm most curious about is the character creation... what was that about?

We decided that working with the Indiana Jones IP was a huge risk, that we were no longer willing to take. But we still wanted to make an Indiana Jones game ... so the character creator was our sneaky way of still making this possible; because players got to pick outfits and the name for their character (and yes, there was going to be a fedora and a fine leather jacket in the selectable outfit parts :D ) you COULD if you wanted to, turn it into the next Fate of Atlantis. All up to the player.  (laugh)

It wasn't the worst idea...

That's very clever but I imagine it would be a lot of work. Did you have to make every animation with every outfit combination or there is a way to make it dynamic?
My Blog! (En Español)

Blondbraid

I think I remember playing the demo for Indiana Jones and the Fountain of youth years ago, long before getting into AGS. Sad to see that it'll never be a full game,
but I'll definitively need to take a look at all the amazing stuff uploaded in this thread when I find the time.

Miez

Quote from: Mati256 on Mon 06/12/2021 22:35:47
That's very clever but I imagine it would be a lot of work. Did you have to make every animation with every outfit combination or there is a way to make it dynamic?

We were going to do the main character as a compound sprite so we didn't have to draw ALL the possible combinations but yeah, it was still going to be quite a big task. :D

Monsieur OUXX

Miez, thank you for publishing this. It was important and the mature thing to do.

PS: Did you ask the other artists' permission to publish their share of the project too? This is too precious to rot on some hard drive (until it fails) or scattered away until no one remembers who has the last piece.

Miez

Quote from: Monsieur OUXX on Mon 31/01/2022 08:45:04
PS: Did you ask the other artists' permission to publish their share of the project too? This is too precious to rot on some hard drive (until it fails) or scattered away until no one remembers who has the last piece.

I haven't asked any of the other team members. But good call: I'll do that. Of course it's ultimately up to each team member to decide what and if they want to share their work...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk