MAGS December "Gift Trouble" (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Wed 01/12/2021 01:23:21

Previous topic - Next topic

What is your favorite game of MAGS December?

Gifting Spirit by Pax Amino
3 (33.3%)
Santa Clause in A Flight to Remember by OneDollar
6 (66.7%)
Knorrig the Gifted Troublemaker by Pogwizd
0 (0%)
A caixa by Cassiebsg
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: Tue 18/01/2022 01:43:13

Stupot

How’s everyone doing? Any progress to share?

eri0o

I am at my making an engine in ags engine part of the process but nothing is working yet unfortunately :/ I am slowly remembering AGS Script. :P

Unfortunately it's the only way I can work around not being able to produce art as fast as needed so I really want to go this harder way.

SinSin

I'm here wayyy too late, Good luck to all who enter.   :-D
Currently working on a project!

Racoon

Oh man, I really feel like doing a MAGS again, but like SinSin I feel like am to late for this round. Maybe next month. Unlike the advertising, christmas is not really the quite time in the year it is supposed to be, but a lot of extra work load for me.

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Pax Animo

I may have something up and running by the end of this week, just tidying up some loose ends.
Misunderstood

Stupot

Incredible response guys. Thank you.

I can’t wait to see what everyone comes up with.

Those who can’t enter this month, it would be great if you consider joining in for January. I may even “leak” the topic a few days early to give everyone a head start.

Ponch

Quote from: Stupot on Sun 12/12/2021 12:34:27
How’s everyone doing? Any progress to share?
I have one and a half rooms and one character walk cycle. it's almost a shell of a game!  :cheesy:

heltenjon

I haven't started coding and won't have the time until Xmas, I think. However, my girls want to make this game with their old dad, so we will probably make the game, even if we will miss the deadline.

Great to see so many participating! Pax Amino, I checked your progress on itch, and your game looks very cool!

SinSin

Quote from: heltenjon on Wed 15/12/2021 08:34:23
I haven't started coding and won't have the time until Xmas, I think. However, my girls want to make this game with their old dad, so we will probably make the game, even if we will miss the deadline.

This is the stuff I like to see.. get the kids involved ! 
Hope it brings you great happiness. 👍 

Good luck !
Currently working on a project!

Kastchey

Quote from: Stupot on Wed 15/12/2021 01:21:45
I may even “leak” the topic a few days early to give everyone a head start.
I'd love this. I have a few extra days off late December, a couple more in January and the older kid is probably going to spend a few days with his aunt, so I may actually have a chance to do something creative for a change.

Pax Animo

@heltenjon

Hey, thank you.

I'm now close to finishing it off.
Misunderstood

Pogwizd

On my end, the work is still very much in progress, but there is a chance the game will be ready for the deadline.
Here's a little peek into the game we are making:
Spoiler
[close]
Before I joined I thought MAGS was fun... Now however I find myself staring at the monitor until late hours, while the rest of the family are sound asleep.

Stupot

And there we have it. Our first entry. Thank you Pax Animo. It looks like a look of fun.

Shadow1000

Quote from: Pax Animo on Thu 16/12/2021 10:47:29
Greetings,

My entry for this months MAGS.

Gifting Spirit

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2586/

I played this game 3 rimes last night. It is FAR from simple. There is SO much to do and figure out and each time I discovered more. I don't want to give anything away, but time management is essential. I'll elaborate more when it comes time to vote but amazing job for such a short period of time.

Question: is it even possible to get a perfect score in the time allotted??

Pax Animo

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 16/12/2021 15:38:37

Hey Shadow1000,

Thanks for your encouraging words.
As for your question, yes it is possible to get everything done in the time allotted. To keep in the spirit of the theme given for the competition it will be troublesome on the players first few tries to complete everything.
"It can be a difficult time of year for many, trying to make everyone happy, It doesn't always work out how you'd hoped due to time and or money."

But I do hope the game is not overly annoying or frustrating in anyway.
Misunderstood

OneDollar

Hi AGS community, long time no see! I'm also hoping to put something together for this month, and ideally not take all of Christmas doing it...

I'm going to hold off on playing other people's games until I'm done with mine, but those screenshots from Pogwizd and Pax Animo's look great!

Shadow1000

Quote from: Pax Animo on Thu 16/12/2021 18:29:16
Quote from: Shadow1000 on Thu 16/12/2021 15:38:37

Hey Shadow1000,

But I do hope the game is not overly annoying or frustrating in anyway.

Definitely not for me! If anything, you've completely nailed the ability to make a game addictive. If it says anything, I was playing till about 1:15 am last night!

heltenjon

Quote from: OneDollar on Thu 16/12/2021 19:10:17
Hi AGS community, long time no see! I'm also hoping to put something together for this month, and ideally not take all of Christmas doing it...
Alan saves Birthdays?  :-D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk