Background Blitz: DEC 2021 (REST/SERVICE AREA)

Started by stylez75, Mon 06/12/2021 17:17:07

Previous topic - Next topic

stylez75

REST/SERVICE AREA

Create a Service/Resting background. It can be from past/present/future. These businesses have been around since humans decided to start to travel long distances from their homes.
They range from small Woodlin taverns, stagecoaches stations, and even the busy truck stops of the main highways.

Draw a game background setting and post the picture in this thread. Others can vote on which one is the best based on the following.

VOTING CATEGORIES
Concept: Artist generates a visual background based on the topic(Rest/Service Area)
Playability: Background can be used in a gameplay setting. (Walkable areas, hot spots, things to interact with, etc.)
Artistic Execution: The method of how the idea is carried out. How materials/colors/structure and methods are applied to the concept. Aesthetically/visually pleasing. 

stagecoa" border="0
tavrn" border="0
truck" border="0

One vote for each category! After the deadline date, all votes will be tallied up. Anyone may vote and leave little feedback on each category.

DEADLINE DATE votes: 10th of January 2022
DEADLINE DATE entries: 8th of January 2022

Sinitrena

A deadline for votes but none for entries? How can I rest and procrastinate when I don't know when I have to leave the cozy fire again and get back to work?  ;)

Sinitrena

This topic needs a bit more love!

So, here, have a oasis for weary travelers in the desert:

[imgzoom]https://bilderupload.org/image/0d9009704-desert.png[/imgzoom]
(Very quick entry...)

stylez75

Liked the desert concept Sinitrena. I created my own peaceful place to reset in the middle of nowhere for the night.
All are welcome to check-in anytime.

[imgzoom]https://i.ibb.co/FK28yqm/traveler.png" alt="traveler" border="0"[/imgzoom]

arj0n

stylez75

Thank you arj0n!
Although I need to fix the Travelers sign

I attached the color palette which I used. A mix of sierra and my own.
[imgzoom]https://i.ibb.co/GQhysSJ/Sarlike-colorpal.png" alt="Sarlike-colorpal" border="0"[/imgzoom]

Sinitrena

You sure that's a good place to rest? Looks like a giant monster is about to swallow me!!!  ;)

Looks beautiful, as always, stylez. Your art is great.

stylez75

100% safe.. just put up a tent and have a great sleepover! :)

blur

Concept: stylez75
Playability: stylez75
Artistic Execution: stylez75

Sinitrena

So, ehm, technically, this round should be over?

stylez, could you please officially start the voting process (posting dates in the first post is not enough; people usually wait for the competition admin to give the signal)?

I guess going by the usual, unwritten rules (admin doesn't enter; win by default if just one entry) I would have won here, but I certainly won't declare myself the winner.

Stylez, please do your job!

mattcoles

Think you won Sinitrena! Keen for the next background competition as have some time on my hands if you want to start the next one up :)

stylez75

Sorry been busy with work.

Win goes to Sinitrena.  I don't want to count my self on my own thread!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk