Gustav Vasa: Adventures in the Dales

Started by Blondbraid, Tue 07/12/2021 13:58:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Blondbraid

So for some time I've been working on an adventure game in Unity with some friends, which was released on Steam, and as we're planning to put it on Christmas sale, I'm sharing the link here in the hope anyone interested will put it on your whishlists.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1619150/Gustav_Vasa_Adventures_in_the_Dales/

Gustav Vasa: Adventures in the Dales is a blend of a 2D adventure game centered on dialogues and interactions and a 3D skiing game where you get chased by enemy soldiers through the winter forest.
The story is based on the real historical king Gustav Vasa of Sweden and the legends and folklore surrounding the tales of how he, following the deaths of his family and most Swedish noblemen at the hands of the Danish king,
who came to earn the moniker of Christian the Tyrant in Sweden, set out on skis towards the province of the dales to enlist the help of the locals to end the danish occupation, claim the Swedish crown and avenge his family.

TheFrighter

Cool,  Blondbraid! I like this "paper theater" style!  8-)

_

heltenjon

Beautiful art, and interesting historical setting. How much is skiing, though? I must admit that part doesn't sound as appealing as the adventure bit. Is it 50-50?

Blondbraid

Quote from: TheFrighter on Tue 07/12/2021 17:23:46

Cool,  Blondbraid! I like this "paper theater" style!  8-)

_
Thanks! I took a lot of inspiration from classical woodcuts.
Quote from: heltenjon on Tue 07/12/2021 19:13:47
Beautiful art, and interesting historical setting. How much is skiing, though? I must admit that part doesn't sound as appealing as the adventure bit. Is it 50-50?
There are about three levels in the game that involves skiing (it's an overall short game), but I hope this doesn't deter you from the rest of the game.

We included skiing as it's a big part of the story of Gustav Vasa (they still hold an annual skiing race in Dalarna to commemorate this in Sweden) and to make our game stand out
from just being a regular adventure game, plus for me personally it was fun practicing making 3D game assets and trying to make the 2D and 3D artsttyles match each other.

Matti

Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 08/12/2021 09:06:58
it was fun practicing making 3D game assets and trying to make the 2D and 3D artsttyles match each other.

Seems to work quite well, the skiing part looks good  :)

Wishlisted.

Blondbraid

Quote from: Matti on Wed 08/12/2021 09:59:43
Quote from: Blondbraid on Wed 08/12/2021 09:06:58
it was fun practicing making 3D game assets and trying to make the 2D and 3D artsttyles match each other.

Seems to work quite well, the skiing part looks good  :)

Wishlisted.
Thanks, I'm so glad you like it!

Creamy

Nice imagery. The setting looks interesting. I personally enjoy an action sequence in my adventure games when done right  :)

Just a nitpick on the walking side animation: he seems to be limping a little.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk