An offer you cannot refuse

Started by de Bielawa, Sat 11/12/2021 14:11:51

Previous topic - Next topic

de Bielawa

An offer you cannot refuse is a short point & click adventure about group of heroes lost in the mysterious forest.
Game is finished (hopefully without bugs), and available in english and slovak languages.

AGS page https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2585-an-offer-you-cannot-refuse/
itch.io page https://de-bielawa.itch.io/an-offer-you-cannot-refuse

I hope you will enjoy this game and if you have anything to say about it, let me know in the comment section.

Rik_Vargard

This game has no replies and I was wondering why so I downloaded and played it.

It's a tricky one you did here.
I think the story and the way the puzzles are made (kind of "team spirit/interacting with fellow adventurers") are very nicely done.
This would really work for younger players for them to discover how adventure games work in a fun way.

Now, for what it's worth, and it's just me(!) :

I think that there's the visual content. I (also) teach video editing and I talk to my students about what is called "Public Domain/Copyright Free Stock Footage-that-you-can-use-for-commercial-projects",  be it for videos and in this case, character and their animations.
Because of that, people will see those characters in other games so it's not "home made", you see?
The tavern scene is an example of that: you can't find the same "art technique" for all your needs so it becomes visually somewhat distracting.

You know, for my game, I do use those also, to a point, specially music and some 3D models that are "CC Attribution and that are >> Author must be credited. Commercial use is allowed."

This being said, I will keep this game because it's a perfect example on how to discover how the AGS basics works and how to make a fun little adventure game even if you don't have time or skills to make your own character animations.
And this game is the perfect example for that.

I think it could even be a very good "beginner example demo game" for AGS.

heltenjon

I also played this. I agree with Rik's points. The asset packs are credited in a rtf file downloaded with the game, and on the itch page, however, so the author is not hiding what he's using, but it would have been more visible with in-game credits, too.

The game is easy and requires some walking back and forth, interacting with your friends. I think it's a suitable game for children or beginners to the genre. The graphic assets are made in different manga/anime styles, which don't entirely match up. I think that's perfectly forgivable in a game such as this. The game is colourful and jolly (even the dangerous wolf looks happy), and I'll let my own kids loose on it.  ;) But a challenge for seasoned adventurers this isn't.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk