AGS Awards 2021 Ceremony - Heads up

Started by Snarky, Thu 16/12/2021 13:34:51

Previous topic - Next topic

Dualnames

Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Snarky

Quote from: Crimson Wizard on Mon 27/12/2021 10:10:02
So, this came completely on sudden, but we found out that 3.5.0 has a unintended and undocumented change in behavior where the fully transparent GUI (Transparency = 100) would not accept clicks on them (historically in AGS they would). Which would break something in this client from what I heard.

I believe the last change to the UI (with the GUI fading out when not in use) changed this so that it's no longer the case. And given that we're using a custom TextField control instead of TextBox, the backspace-on-empty-textbox bug should not apply to the client either.

vga256

In that case, I will focus on making 3.5.x ready for Mac/Linux/iOS.

Dualnames

We're working on it. Just making sure people know.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

vga256

Thanks Dualnames. Would appreciate a heads-up on the exact interpreter version being used so I can start doing the back-end work on the macOS/Linux/iOS ports.

Dualnames

Dualnames

vga256

Awesome, thanks. Will get to work on the engine ports.

Dualnames

I cannot wait to show you all the ceremony we have prepared for you this year with the help of Snarky, Cassie, cat, Kastchey and vga256!!

heltenjon

*Big round of applause*

Thanks so much for doing this, you guys!

Dualnames

Forgot to add SELMIAK to the people that are helping, what's wrong with me!?

Dualnames

Features implemented (ordered by date):
-Added Exit Client confirmation UI.
-Added Options/Settings UI [saved per profile]
-Sped up the walking speed of American Girl Scouts, now they zoomin!
-Fixed the old too many overlays crash bug [has existed till the very first AGS awards ceremony]
-Removed display command [as it is blocking and would cause disconnects]
-Now audience members can not only clap, but laugh [and laughs are gender specific depending on your avatar, unfortunately could only find manly and womanly laughs and nothing gender neutral, but gender-neutral characters will alternate both male and femaly laughs, before the laughs become "crowd" laughs]
-Added another new feature: Text Throttling.
This throttles input by the player by adding it into a queue, through a listbox.
Every CHAT_THROTTLE (1 SECOND) it parses the list, one by one and sends the text.
That way the player can keep typing without feeling like they have to wait.
-Sound & Music gets saved on change.
-Now Participants list uses RIGHT CLICK for OPTIONS, LEFT click to select.
-Participants UI, Awards UI and CHAT LOG UI, now can behave like MenuBar UI through the settings.
-Whenever there's a mouse click [of any kind] fading out stops.
-Added Camera Functions [zoom in, zoom out]
-Audience can now EMOTE through a list of available emotes [I believe 9]
-Stage now scrolls to the bottom, there's like extra 280 pixels. That's like a lot of pixels.
-Confetti is now on the menu.
-Added new highlighter of characters
-Added a special feature for two special people [IT'S NOT WHAT U THINK IT IS.]
-Ctrl-A now selects all text.
-Indicator for capslock/shift next to the chat text.

Anyway, been looking through the forums to see what issues we missed from other years, what features haven't been implemented and the sort, and I stumbled upon the 2014 thread, yes that thread, and gladly I couldn't read much of my stuff, I was very annoyed and very wrong, and didn't take criticism very well apparently. There was never any homophobia or sexism intended, but I can see how that seemed as such to people back then. Regardless, not starting a heated discussion, I just wanted to let people know, that the awards will be a safe space, and everyone's opinion will be taken into account. This stage started as a joke, but I always wanted it to be bigger than just an inside joke, and I'm glad I handed the reins to Snarky and he's done so many wonderful things with this [maybe removing Daft Punk was the only mistake]. Anyway, for what it means, I am not the same person I was 8 years ago, regardless, I feel the need to apologize to everyone for my actions.

I'm sorry.

I hope you can forgive me, and join the ceremony this year, cause all these features are made for YOU!! SO LESGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

EDIT: Here's a screenie

Cassiebsg

Looks awsome and looking forward to try the new features.  (nod)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Fantastic work! I'm glad to offered to take over the client and do so many enhancements. Just let us know when you need people for testing.

Pax Animo

Considering during the very early stages there were some doubt surrounding this years ceremony, it now looks to be rather special and exciting.  ;-D

Edit: just avoid inviting over emotional and aggressive individuals to the awards.  (laugh)
Misunderstood

Cassiebsg

This years avatar special "power": Slapping and swearing.  (laugh)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Stupot

Sounds and looks awesome, Dualsy.
Is there a ‘slap the presenter’ feature?

Let me know if I can help with testing or something.

eri0o

Ooohh, the client looks like going to be even more impressive than it already was! Amazing work people!!!  8-0

milkanannan

Quote from: Stupot on Tue 29/03/2022 22:32:45
Sounds and looks awesome, Dualsy.
Is there a ‘slap the presenter’ feature?

Let me know if I can help with testing or something.

Can I also help test slap the presenter?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk