Author Topic: GIGANT  (Read 823 times)

GIGANT
« on: 28 Dec 2021, 02:47 »
Hi, friends! Let me introduce a new game that I'm developing.

*STORY*

The place of the story is in South Korea. Seoul
Da-hoon, the main character, loses his job and finds a new part-time job. Meanwhile, he has a suspicious part-time job that receives a lot of money.
The client of the part-time job demands a part of the body of the giant creature Gigant which eats humans.
He starts a part-time job at the risk of his life...
Will he be able to successfully get a part-time job by safely taking part of the body of a Gigant organism?

Screenshots :

PROGRESS
- Graphics 90%
- Story 90%
- Puzzles 80%
- Scripting 70%
- Music/sound 0%
« Last Edit: 28 Dec 2021, 03:23 by ukz530 »

Re: GIGANT
« Reply #1 on: 28 Dec 2021, 02:53 »
And here are some gif images!  :)

« Reply #2 on: 28 Dec 2021, 08:40 »

Cool, Ukz530!  8-)

Is it inspired to Bong Joon-ho's movie Gwoemul (worldwide title The Host)?

_

Matti

« Reply #3 on: 28 Dec 2021, 11:00 »
Good to see yet another game being developed by you. The animations look smoother than before :)

It made me think of The Host as well  ;)

« Reply #4 on: 28 Dec 2021, 11:23 »
Those monsters are looking scarier and scarier! Looking good, and it will be cool to play something in a Korean setting. Will there be connections to your other games, or will this be a standalone story outside of that "mythology"?

« Reply #5 on: 28 Dec 2021, 17:40 »
@TheFrighter
@Matti

Exactly, This game referred to director Bong Joon-ho's movie 'The Host(Gwoemul,괴물)' a lot.

I wanted to express the background and things better. So, it was set in the Han River in Korea, my home country.

In fact, the background of director Bong Joon-ho's movie 'The Host' is Han River.
And the background of my game is also Han River.

Perhaps my game lacks stories and directing than Bong Joon-ho's movie.

But I hope you enjoy it.  ;)

@heltenjon

It could be the same universe, but perhaps this game is almost a standalone.

The reason is that the background of the game so far has been a Western country. This time, because my home country, Asia, is the background.

Therefore, it was difficult for the characters of the previous work to appear naturally.

« Reply #6 on: 28 Dec 2021, 20:05 »
@heltenjon

It could be the same universe, but perhaps this game is almost a standalone.

The reason is that the background of the game so far has been a Western country. This time, because my home country, Asia, is the background.

Therefore, it was difficult for the characters of the previous work to appear naturally.

Yes, I wondered if the monster was the same type of overgrown natural beast like in the previous games, or if it was more of a kraken-type mythological beast, apart from the conspiracies of the former stories. Anyway, if you want to make a connection to the other games, you could
Spoiler: ShowHide
 have a cat video from the last protagonist run on a screen in the background.  (laugh)
I'm all for getting more stories from Asia, so that will be cool.

« Reply #7 on: 29 Dec 2021, 22:42 »
@heltenjon

This time it's probably not a mythical creature. The origin of Creature is probably similar to director Bong Joon-ho's movie 'The host'

And there's something I forgot. It feels a bit early. This game will be a commercial game.
But I hope that you buy this game and enjoy it!  (roll)

« Reply #8 on: 30 Dec 2021, 08:18 »

Just one thing about the signs in korean like this, will you translate?

_

« Reply #9 on: 30 Dec 2021, 08:43 »
@TheFrighter

It's really hard to explain what it means. To explain it briefly,

청춘  = youth
고시텔 =  gosiwon(gositel)

Gosiwon(gositel,고시텔) is a small hotel where poor people, young people without money, or people preparing for bar examinations or civil service examinations live.
In the case of youth(청춘), it simply means the name of the hotel. This game contains meanings such as generational conflict and difficult times of youth. It was used as the name of the hotel(gosiwon).

You can find out in detail what kind of place Gosiwon is from this link. : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosiwon

Rik_Vargard

• Hello from Belgium!
« Reply #10 on: 02 Jan 2022, 15:54 »
After playing "Contact" I can't wait for this one

« Reply #11 on: 02 Jan 2022, 23:28 »
Looks sweet. I love your choice of colors in this one!

« Reply #12 on: 04 Jan 2022, 22:04 »
@Rik_Vargard
@Kastchey

Thank you so much! It will probably be completed soon. Please look forward to it!

Rik_Vargard

• Hello from Belgium!
« Reply #13 on: 05 Jan 2022, 22:42 »
Oh but I am looking forward to it  ;)