GIGANT

Started by ukz530, Tue 28/12/2021 02:47:45

Previous topic - Next topic

ukz530

Hi, friends! Let me introduce a new game that I'm developing.

*STORY*

The story takes place in Seoul, South Korea.
After losing his job, Da-Hoon finds a part-time occupation that pays suspiciously well.
His employer requires body parts from the giant human-eating creature known as Gigant.
Da-Hoon accepts the dangerous offer, putting his life on the line.
But will he be able to survive the wrath of the Gigant?

Screenshots :

PROGRESS
- Graphics 100%
- Story 100%
- Puzzles 100%
- Scripting 100%
- Music/sound 100%
- English dialog editing : 100%
- QA(Play) Testing : 100%

It will be released soon!

ukz530

And here are some gif images!  :)

TheFrighter

Cool, Ukz530!  8-)

Is it inspired to Bong Joon-ho's movie Gwoemul (worldwide title The Host)?

_

Matti

Good to see yet another game being developed by you. The animations look smoother than before :)

It made me think of The Host as well  ;)

heltenjon

Those monsters are looking scarier and scarier! Looking good, and it will be cool to play something in a Korean setting. Will there be connections to your other games, or will this be a standalone story outside of that "mythology"?

ukz530

@TheFrighter
@Matti

Exactly, This game referred to director Bong Joon-ho's movie 'The Host(Gwoemul,괴물)' a lot.

I wanted to express the background and things better. So, it was set in the Han River in Korea, my home country.

In fact, the background of director Bong Joon-ho's movie 'The Host' is Han River.
And the background of my game is also Han River.

Perhaps my game lacks stories and directing than Bong Joon-ho's movie.

But I hope you enjoy it.  ;)

@heltenjon

It could be the same universe, but perhaps this game is almost a standalone.

The reason is that the background of the game so far has been a Western country. This time, because my home country, Asia, is the background.

Therefore, it was difficult for the characters of the previous work to appear naturally.

heltenjon

Quote from: ukz530 on Tue 28/12/2021 17:40:39
@heltenjon

It could be the same universe, but perhaps this game is almost a standalone.

The reason is that the background of the game so far has been a Western country. This time, because my home country, Asia, is the background.

Therefore, it was difficult for the characters of the previous work to appear naturally.

Yes, I wondered if the monster was the same type of overgrown natural beast like in the previous games, or if it was more of a kraken-type mythological beast, apart from the conspiracies of the former stories. Anyway, if you want to make a connection to the other games, you could
Spoiler
have a cat video from the last protagonist run on a screen in the background.  (laugh)
[close]
I'm all for getting more stories from Asia, so that will be cool.

ukz530

@heltenjon

This time it's probably not a mythical creature. The origin of Creature is probably similar to director Bong Joon-ho's movie 'The host'

And there's something I forgot. It feels a bit early. This game will be a commercial game.
But I hope that you buy this game and enjoy it!  (roll)

TheFrighter

Just one thing about the signs in korean like this, will you translate?

Quote from: ukz530 on Tue 28/12/2021 02:47:45

_

ukz530

@TheFrighter

It's really hard to explain what it means. To explain it briefly,

청춘  = youth
ê³ ì‹œí..." =  gosiwon(gositel)

Gosiwon(gositel,ê³ ì‹œí...") is a small hotel where poor people, young people without money, or people preparing for bar examinations or civil service examinations live.
In the case of youth(청춘), it simply means the name of the hotel. This game contains meanings such as generational conflict and difficult times of youth. It was used as the name of the hotel(gosiwon).

You can find out in detail what kind of place Gosiwon is from this link. : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gosiwon

Rik_Vargard

After playing "Contact" I can't wait for this one

Kastchey

Looks sweet. I love your choice of colors in this one!

ukz530

@Rik_Vargard
@Kastchey

Thank you so much! It will probably be completed soon. Please look forward to it!

Rik_Vargard

Oh but I am looking forward to it  ;)

ukz530

Hi all! I uploaded a trailer video of my game! Please look forward to it!

heltenjon

Nice video! Looking forward to more monster mayhem!

lorenzo

That was a spooky trailer!
I love the sunglasses reflection scene in it, and the two guys smoking outside the café are so cute!

Kastchey

Looks outstanding, UKZ. Hoping for a lot of gory deaths! :D

ukz530

Thank you all!!  :-D

Snarky

Quote from: ukz530 on Thu 30/12/2021 08:43:03
Gosiwon(gositel,ê³ ì‹œí...") is a small hotel where poor people, young people without money, or people preparing for bar examinations or civil service examinations live.

If you're looking for a translation, this sounds close to a rooming house, but might also be called a "boarding house" or "hostel" (though a "youth hostel" usually caters to tourists, and could be misleading in this context). If it has a very low standard it might be described as a "flophouse," but that would not be its official name, since it has a negative connotation.

ukz530

Quote from: Snarky on Sat 02/04/2022 11:18:04
Quote from: ukz530 on Thu 30/12/2021 08:43:03

If you're looking for a translation, this sounds close to a rooming house, but might also be called a "boarding house" or "hostel" (though a "youth hostel" usually caters to tourists, and could be misleading in this context). If it has a very low standard it might be described as a "flophouse," but that would not be its official name, since it has a negative connotation.

Thanks! I think it's probably close to "flophouse" as you said.

Gosiwon is usually in poor condition. There are many poor people living there. It is recognized as a negative image for people to live in.

Thank you for the good information!

FireFlower

Quote from: ukz530 on Sat 26/03/2022 14:56:51
Hi all! I uploaded a trailer video of my game! Please look forward to it!

Looks cool
Story rich DRM-free games - http://fireflowergames.com/

Mehrdad

Hi @ukz530

I hope you fine

What's about of GIGANT?  Is it finished? I can't wait for the release  ;)
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

ukz530

Quote from: Mehrdad on Wed 29/06/2022 06:06:55
Hi @ukz530

I hope you fine

Hi Mehrdad

It will be released on Steam and itch.io within this month. I have completed all the parts except for the credit work now, and I have already submitted the game to the publisher.

The game will be released really soon.

Thank you for waiting!  :-D

Mehrdad

Quote from: ukz530 on Thu 30/06/2022 02:55:04
Quote from: Mehrdad on Wed 29/06/2022 06:06:55
Hi @ukz530

I hope you fine

Hi Mehrdad

It will be released on Steam and itch.io within this month. I have completed all the parts except for the credit work now, and I have already submitted the game to the publisher.

The game will be released really soon.

Thank you for waiting!  :-D

Perfect!!. Nice job!
My official site: http://www.pershaland.com/

ukz530

Hi everyone! I have a little bad news.

I submitted the game to the publisher, and The publisher also submitted the game to Steam. But the steam page hasn't been opened yet.

Maybe it takes more time for the Steam page to open than I thought.

I thought the release date would be 8/11. It may be later than I thought.

But we will release it as soon as the store page opens.

ukz530

Finally, my game Gigant's Steam Store opened! The game will be released really soon!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1875670/Gigant/

Stupot

Quote from: ukz530 on Thu 28/07/2022 07:13:00
Finally, my game Gigant's Steam Store opened! The game will be released really soon!

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1875670/Gigant/
Great news. Looking forward to the release.

InfernalGrape

Really like how it looks.
Looking forward the release.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk