Santa Claus in A Flight To Remember - new remastered version released

Started by OneDollar, Wed 29/12/2021 17:54:57

Previous topic - Next topic

OneDollar

Santa Claus in A Flight To Remember (remastered version)
Santa needs your help! After some distracted flying he's dropped several of his presents and needs your help to find and repair them. This short Christmas-themed adventure game features high-resolution hand-drawn art and animation, a comedic storyline, and classic point and click puzzles. Originally an entry for the December 2021 MAGS competition "Gift Trouble" it went on to win the competition and was one of two winners of the 2021 MAGGIES award.

The "Remastered" version of the game is an update to the original for December 2022 featuring new animation, an improved save system, bug fixes and additional polish. There is also a new test version of the game that can be played in a web browser.

Download the game!
Play the (test) web browser version here!

Please leave your ratings on the AGS database, and if you have any comments, feedback or bug reports I'd love to hear them!

Links:
AGS database entry
Game's website
MAGS December 2021 "Gift Trouble"

Sinitrena

What a lovely little game!

OneDollar, you might want to have a look at the save/load gui, it looks a bit squished and you can't really read the names you give your savefiles.

I really enjoyed this game, especially the beginning cutscene.  Well done.

Shadow1000

I completed this game last night. VERY impressive entry: graphics are stunning, the story is hilarious and the puzzles are far more sophisticated than the average MAGS entry. I have to confess that I did NOT just breeze through the puzzles so every time I got a bit further I said "Oh YEAHH!!!" in joy. I noticed that almost everything you click or combine has clear and detailed responses.

Big congratulations

heltenjon

No Alan around, so this time Santa has to do the job himself. This game looks, sounds and plays really polished. Great animation and a very funny story with the puzzles making up a natural part of it. Lots of little touches...I simply love the "festive" mode for the mouse cursor! (You can find it in options, people. Why should Easter have all the eggs?) Great game!

OneDollar

Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Quote from: Sinitrena on Fri 31/12/2021 14:47:22
OneDollar, you might want to have a look at the save/load gui, it looks a bit squished and you can't really read the names you give your savefiles.
Yeah, making a custom save/load GUI was on my 'to do' list but I cut it because I'd already spent several more days on the game than I'd planned and I wanted some Christmas break. I might come back and update it once MAGS voting is over.

Quote from: Shadow1000 on Fri 31/12/2021 18:21:24
I have to confess that I did NOT just breeze through the puzzles so every time I got a bit further I said "Oh YEAHH!!!" in joy.
I'm glad you liked the puzzles, I was a bit worried I'd spent too much time on the art side and the puzzles were going to be too straightforward and easy.

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 01/01/2022 02:04:56
Why should Easter have all the eggs?
That's not the only Easter Egg in the options...

heltenjon

Quote from: OneDollar on Sat 01/01/2022 14:45:35
Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 01/01/2022 02:04:56
Why should Easter have all the eggs?
That's not the only Easter Egg in the options...

I suppose you're talking about the goose, or is there something else I missed? Small bug report: When I set the Goose to "forgiving", then had it chase me around and went into the options again and changed it back, it immediately attacked me. And after that there was no way to get out of the options screen. (Workaround: simply don't do that.)  ;)

OneDollar

Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 01/01/2022 19:32:09
I suppose you're talking about the goose, or is there something else I missed?
I'm talking about
Spoiler
the Christmas cracker in the bottom left of the options screen.
[close]
Quote from: heltenjon on Sat 01/01/2022 19:32:09Small bug report: When I set the Goose to "forgiving", then had it chase me around and went into the options again and changed it back, it immediately attacked me. And after that there was no way to get out of the options screen. (Workaround: simply don't do that.)  ;)
Good catch, I had a feeling there'd be at least one bug I'd missed with the goose. I'll fix that up after MAGS.

heltenjon

That cracked me up!  (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) Thanks for pointing it out. There's no way I would have found it otherwise.

milkanannan

Just playing through the MAGS 2021 entries. This is a gem - great puzzles!

OneDollar

New "Remastered" version released!

The original version of A Flight To Remember was created in less than a month for a MAGS competition. I was very happy with how it came out, but due to the time constraints there were a number of things I had to cut. Schedule slippage also meant the game came out on the 29th of December which is... maybe not the best time to release a heavily Christmas-themed game :undecided:

Anyway I thought it might be nice to revisit the game and add some of those missing features and release a Remastered version for December 2022. Over the last couple of months I've added in new special-case animations, rebuilt the save interface, fixed bugs, and generally added polish to make the game even better. I've also taken advantage of some of the features of the latest AGS builds and made a (test) web version of the game.

I hope you enjoy, and happy Christmas!

Also thanks Cat for Pick of the Month - that was a lovely surprise when I went to edit the game's database entry!

sthomannch

What a nice game!
I enjoyed it a lot, good puzzles and nice grahpics and sound, well done!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk