Author Topic: Santa Claus in A Flight To Remember  (Read 502 times)

Santa Claus in A Flight To Remember
« on: 29 Dec 2021, 17:54 »
Santa Claus in...
A Flight To Remember

I hope you've still got some Christmas cheer left, because Santa needs your help! After some distracted flying he's dropped several of his presents, and now needs your help to find and repair them.

This short game features HD (1280x720) hand-drawn art and animation, and classic, comedic point and click adventuring.

Download the game!

This game is an entry for the December 2021 MAGS "Gift Trouble" competition. After you've played please check out the other entries and vote for your favourite once voting opens in January.

Also please leave your ratings on the AGS database, and if you have any comments, feedback or bug reports I'd love to hear them!

Links:
AGS database entry
Game's website

Sinitrena

• Mittens Serf
  • Wheel of Fate
    • I can help with translating
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that won an AGS Award!
    •  
    • Sinitrena worked on one or more games that was nominated for an AGS Award!
Re: Santa Claus in A Flight To Remember
« Reply #1 on: 31 Dec 2021, 14:47 »
What a lovely little game!

OneDollar, you might want to have a look at the save/load gui, it looks a bit squished and you can't really read the names you give your savefiles.

I really enjoyed this game, especially the beginning cutscene.  Well done.

« Reply #2 on: 31 Dec 2021, 18:21 »
I completed this game last night. VERY impressive entry: graphics are stunning, the story is hilarious and the puzzles are far more sophisticated than the average MAGS entry. I have to confess that I did NOT just breeze through the puzzles so every time I got a bit further I said "Oh YEAHH!!!" in joy. I noticed that almost everything you click or combine has clear and detailed responses.

Big congratulations

« Reply #3 on: 01 Jan 2022, 02:04 »
No Alan around, so this time Santa has to do the job himself. This game looks, sounds and plays really polished. Great animation and a very funny story with the puzzles making up a natural part of it. Lots of little touches...I simply love the "festive" mode for the mouse cursor! (You can find it in options, people. Why should Easter have all the eggs?) Great game!

« Reply #4 on: 01 Jan 2022, 14:45 »
Thanks for the kind words everyone!

OneDollar, you might want to have a look at the save/load gui, it looks a bit squished and you can't really read the names you give your savefiles.
Yeah, making a custom save/load GUI was on my 'to do' list but I cut it because I'd already spent several more days on the game than I'd planned and I wanted some Christmas break. I might come back and update it once MAGS voting is over.

I have to confess that I did NOT just breeze through the puzzles so every time I got a bit further I said "Oh YEAHH!!!" in joy.
I'm glad you liked the puzzles, I was a bit worried I'd spent too much time on the art side and the puzzles were going to be too straightforward and easy.

Why should Easter have all the eggs?
That's not the only Easter Egg in the options...

« Reply #5 on: 01 Jan 2022, 19:32 »
Why should Easter have all the eggs?
That's not the only Easter Egg in the options...

I suppose you're talking about the goose, or is there something else I missed? Small bug report: When I set the Goose to "forgiving", then had it chase me around and went into the options again and changed it back, it immediately attacked me. And after that there was no way to get out of the options screen. (Workaround: simply don't do that.)  ;)

« Reply #6 on: 02 Jan 2022, 12:00 »
I suppose you're talking about the goose, or is there something else I missed?
I'm talking about
Spoiler: ShowHide
the Christmas cracker in the bottom left of the options screen.

Small bug report: When I set the Goose to "forgiving", then had it chase me around and went into the options again and changed it back, it immediately attacked me. And after that there was no way to get out of the options screen. (Workaround: simply don't do that.)  ;)
Good catch, I had a feeling there'd be at least one bug I'd missed with the goose. I'll fix that up after MAGS.

« Reply #7 on: 02 Jan 2022, 14:08 »
That cracked me up!  (laugh) (laugh) (laugh) Thanks for pointing it out. There's no way I would have found it otherwise.