MAGS January “Get the Picture” (RESULT)

Started by Stupot, Thu 30/12/2021 22:54:18

Previous topic - Next topic

What was your favorite game of MAGS January?

Little Leonardo by Raccoon
5 (38.5%)
Signal Loss by Breton
7 (53.8%)
Get the Picture by Pajama Sam
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 13

Voting closed: Wed 16/02/2022 03:35:29

brewton

I have been working on a MAGS game. It's my first game in years, and it should be ready next week. I am excited to show it to you all.

CaptainD

Quote from: brewton on Sat 22/01/2022 00:49:32
I have been working on a MAGS game. It's my first game in years, and it should be ready next week. I am excited to show it to you all.

Nice one! We are equally excited to see it  :cheesy:

heltenjon

Quote from: CaptainD on Sat 22/01/2022 09:52:08
Quote from: brewton on Sat 22/01/2022 00:49:32

Nice one! We are equally excited to see it  :cheesy:
+1
Perhaps we will see what became of CyberJack?

Racoon

Hey brewton, nice to see another one join :-)

I am making progress with my game and think it will be finished by the end of the month. There is some graphics that I need to redo and things that need to be refined, but the core game is almost done.

brewton

My game is 99% complete and is currently being tested and polished. Will upload on Sunday!

brewton

Surprise! It's ready today.

SIGNAL LOSS
a game by brewton

itch.io game page
AGS game page

You and your team have just launched a new space telescope.
Everything goes according to plan... until the signal mysteriously cuts out.
Can you help re-establish the link and finish the work?

Everything (except music) by brewton
Uses my custom Kyrandia/BASS hybrid interface.

Music
Symphony No.7 in A major op.92 / II, Allegretto by Ludwig van Beethoven (arrangement unknown)
Retro Adventure Theme #1 by Andrey Sitkov

Kastchey

Space telescope, awesome! I had a similar idea, obviously inspired by the James Webb launch.
Looking forward to playing the game!

brewton

Quote from: Kastchey on Sat 29/01/2022 19:28:12
Space telescope, awesome! I had a similar idea, obviously inspired by the James Webb launch.
Looking forward to playing the game!
Yes, though obviously the real JWST works nothing like it does in the game, and the real JWST crew consists of far, far more than three people. :)

CaptainD

Nice work brewton! Will try to give this a go in the next day or two.

Racoon

Already downloaded your game brewton and gonna give it a try this evening!

I proudly present:

https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/games/game/2596-little-leonardo/

The last days were a little stressfull, but I managed to get it done. Please let me now if you find any major bugs!

Edit: There is one puzzle where colour plays a role. If somebody needs the solution to that puzzle let me know and I´ll post it in a spoiler in the game description!

Edit 2: For the first 6-7 People who downloaded the game there is a little bug included that has no influence on the game but might confuse you a bit:
Spoiler
After you gave your sister the towel the hint when clicking the easel does still show the cloth when it should be showing the smile of mona lisa
[close]

I quickly changed it but anyways, maybe this hint helps the 6 people if they are stuck.

CaptainD

Stupot

Thanks for the entries guys. They look very interesting.
I’ll set up the voting very soon.

heltenjon

I'm making a sort of quiz game which also fits this theme. I just started a few days ago and naturally didn't make the deadline. I'll probably post it in this thread during the voting period, as it kind of belongs here, but I find it unlikely it would gather any votes, so it doesn't matter much if the voting starts without it.  :)

Pax Amino, I was hoping to see your photography game here, too!

Edit: That was supposed to be Pajama Sam, of course.  :-[

FanOfHumor

I was just too busy to work on this and I really wasn't  much into it. But anyways here's what I left off with.
Presenting: "Get The Picture"
Controls: press spacebar to take a picture.If you miss it press space again.
The goal: To take a picture of an eagle being entirely on screen. Be aware that the eagle doesn't always look the same.
Number of levels available so far:5

https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tno7x1myl33mo/Compiled

FanOfHumor

Thanks CaptainD. Did it work ok or is it to buggy to be usable? This should have been simple but somehow I ended up with a ton of if statements that check if statements that check if statements and so on! It's a big mess. :P Hopefully I'll fix the bugs sometime and add what I wanted. 

Shadow1000

Quote from: Pajama Sam on Tue 01/02/2022 05:32:49
  I was just too busy to work on this and I really wasn't  much into it. But anyways here's what I left off with.
Presenting: "Get The Picture"
Controls: press spacebar to take a picture.If you miss it press space again.
The goal: To take a picture of an eagle being entirely on screen. Be aware that the eagle doesn't always look the same.
Number of levels available so far:5
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/tno7x1myl33mo/Compiled

Is there another way to download this? When I click the folders to download, a popup opens saying that I need to upgrade to Premium?

Or is this the first puzzle of the game? (that was a joke..)

Stupot

Okay. Thanks for the entries guys.

I've included yours, too PJ Sam. I wasn't sure if you posted it as an official entry, but it looks like fun and it doesn't matter that it was after the deadline (basically the true deadline is when I get around to sorting out the voting).

Please vote using the poll above.

Little Leonardo
by Racoon
Signal Loss
by Brewton
Get the Picture
by Pajama Sam

FanOfHumor

Sorry @shadow1000 I didn't know there would be a problem downloading it. I really don't know how to use mediafire that well. You shouldn't have to upgrade to premium and just click the other button that says "no I'll support mediafire with ads".Or did you figure it out?
EDIT: Oh wait actually I think you just can't download in bulk. you have to do one file at a time.

heltenjon

Quote from: Pajama Sam on Wed 02/02/2022 03:38:44
Sorry @shadow1000 I didn't know there would be a problem downloading it. I really don't know how to use mediafire that well. You shouldn't have to upgrade to premium and just click the other button that says "no I'll support mediafire with ads".Or did you figure it out?
EDIT: Oh wait actually I think you just can't download in bulk. you have to do one file at a time.

That's correct. I opened the folders and downloaded one file at a time, all the time convincing my firewall that this wasn't all that dangerous stuff. It's a bit time-consuming, so I suggest you zip your game into one file the next time you submit.  (nod)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk