AGS Awards 2021 - Results!

Started by cat, Sun 02/01/2022 20:44:19

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

*bump*

Come on, folks, we need more votes - only 3 days left!

Please have a look especially at those categories (others could do with more votes as well!)

Best Character
Best Animation
Best Music & Sound
Best Voice Work
Best Short Game
Best Demo

cat

Last 2 days! We need more nominations - remember, you can nominate up to ten games per category.

cat

Last day! Please nominate more games for Best Short Game - it would be a pity if we can't have 5 nominees in this category.

Also, please check if you did your votes for Best Character correctly - you need to select a game and write down the character name. We can fix typos and stuff later on, but you have to make sure that game and character match.

heltenjon

Quote from: cat on Sat 26/02/2022 21:04:26
Also, please check if you did your votes for Best Character correctly - you need to select a game and write down the character name. We can fix typos and stuff later on, but you have to make sure that game and character match.
I don't know if it's a bug or whether I did something, but I discovered that my nominations in this category was thrown out of order. One name was set two times, and the other suggestions were pushed one place down the list, making the characters match the game directly above. I believe this must have happened during one of my (frequent) updates of the list, as my last suggestions have not been altered. (And by now I have played all the games, so I won't change it any further.)

In case there is a bug in the update function, I advice people to check if their votes match correctly.

Cassiebsg

Problem with nominating best character, for me anyway, is remembering the characters name.  :-\
so I'm happy that some of the authors, provided the characters names on the "for your consideration" thread.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

Thanks for fixing your nominations!
We do our best to match up character names, i.e. nominations for "Guybrush", "Threepwood" and "Guybrush Threepwood" should all count for the same character.

Last few hours!

Ponch

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Sun 27/02/2022 15:49:10
Problem with nominating best character, for me anyway, is remembering the characters name.  :-\
so I'm happy that some of the authors, provided the characters names on the "for your consideration" thread.
I have the same problem.  :tongue:

Anyhoo, I added a few more nominations to my vote ballot, just before the deadline!

cat

Nominations are over!

A huge thank you to everyone who participated  :-*

We need a bit of time to prepare the results but you can expect them in the next few days.

cat

Here are the nominated games for the AGS Awards 2021

Best Game Created with AGS

Breakfast on Trappist-1
Chronicle of Innsmouth - Mountains of Madness
If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers
King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella Retold
Strangeland

Best Freeware Game Created with AGS

Absurdistan
Breakfast on Trappist-1
Broken Windows - Chapter 3
The Garden of Hades

Best Writing

Absurdistan
Breakfast on Trappist-1
M*A*S*H: Point n' Click adventure game
Strangeland

Best Character

"Alan Goldberg" from Nightmare Frames Demo
"Lady Valérie Winterbourne" from If On A Winter's Night, Four Travelers
"Zheny" from Breakfast on Trappist-1

Best Gameplay

I Rented a Boat
One More Fathom
Strangeland

Best Background Art

Breakfast on Trappist-1
Ossuarium
Strangeland

Best Character Art

Breakfast on Trappist-1
Ossuarium
Strangeland

Best Animation

Strangeland

Best Music & Sound

Absurdistan
Strangeland

Best Voice Work

La maleta
Strangeland

Best Demo

Graceward (Early Access)
Lucas Mendoza - Amateur Detective
Nightmare Frames Demo
Sphonx Tech Demo
The Phantom Fellows (Demo)

Best Non Adventure Game Created with AGS

Desolate
Gem Collector
One More Fathom
Shoaly You Can't Be Serious! (Deluxe version)
The Rat Pack (Full version)

Best Short Game

Breakfast on Trappist-1
Contact
Content
I Rented a Boat
Ossuarium

Best Programming

Gem Collector
I Rented a Boat
Strangeland
The Rat Pack (Full version)

Best Puzzles

Absurdistan
M*A*S*H: Point n' Click adventure game
Strangeland
Thinker

Congratulations!

heltenjon

Big congratulations to the nominees! There are some very good games on that list (and not one that doesn't deserve it).

However, I'm disappointed that Pedro's Adventures in Spanish wasn't nominated in anything, not even voice work. This was the year a full length game was released as a language learning device, and the failure to acknowledge that is unfortunate. One could simply watch one of the commercials to check out the voice work, but I guess it must mean it didn't have enough players from this community to receive the five nomination votes it deserved.

As for A Curious Pastime, which I nominated in almost every category possible, I would simply guess that first person games aren't as popular as 3rd. Oh well, it wasn't mentioned in the FYC thread either.

Kastchey

Big congratulations to the nominees! Please expect a PM from someone from the Awards team soon - we will need a bit of help from you before the ceremony ;)

cat

Voting is open!

You can now vote for your favourite games using the link from the big red banner.

selmiak

Potajito

Voted! For me it has been super hard to decide between Strangeland and IOAWN in almost all the categories. Also bummed that Pedro Adventures is not there :( And thanks for the nomination for best voice for my little game!
Congrats everyone!

Cassiebsg

Everyone that has a game nominated, should now have a PM from me with info about assets for the Awards client .  :)
If you haven't got it, let me know.  ;)

Cassiebsg

Oh, if you want to use a character as avatar during the awards, you can just export it directly from the game using the "export character" (right click on character) and provide that file.  ;)
Unless I'm mistaken, idle view is used for special action (if you want your character to do a special animation when you press the button). So just make sure you select which view you would like before exporting.

PS: (sorry to double post, but I just want to make sure this post will show up as new for those that are using "Show unread topics since last visit.")

Pax Animo

My votes are locked in. Well-done and good luck to all.
Misunderstood

eri0o

Voted! Also, I will answer the DMs soon.  ;)

PPAentertainment

Hi:
My name's Pijin Pastrana and I've been developing games with ags for a while. Robotragedy 1 and 2, Dr. Lutz and the time travel machine, Maverick Gunn and the Eye of Oggun, The manuscript of Sarmanyanha and Postcard Adventure. I believe this game's years nominations are very good and fair but I have to say that I don't feel treated with fairness because the backgrounds of Postcard Adventure can compete with some of the games like ossarium or breakfast on trappist 1, and I don't mean any disrespect to the developers, they are great but year after year the games I released , no matter how hard  I tried to achieve the best looks possible, NEVER GOT even a nomination. I wonder if the reason I'm cuban and out of the mainstream is the reason .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk