Knorrig the Gifted Troublemaker

Started by Pogwizd, Fri 31/12/2021 15:09:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Pogwizd

Knorrig the Gifted Troublemaker
Who said having a pet piggie is a bad idea? Well, you did. Just now. It's 10 minutes before the festive dinner and you find yourself in a pickle thanks to your pet. Or should we say 'pigle'. The lovely gift for your sister is gone. Will you manage to get it back in time?

Manual:
You control Timur, the main character, with mouse using only left mouse button. The right button is used only to click out from menus or to display inventory descriptions.
In settings, there is an option to disable mouse highlights when hovering over interactive hotspots - the game is rather short, so this way you may try to challenge yourself a bit : )
There is also a setting enabling Colour Blind Mode, which makes certain parts of the game more accessible.

Link:https://lazy-squirrel.itch.io/knorrig-the-gifted-troublemaker

Enjoy! :)

newwaveburritos

Oh, a new game from you!  What a treat.  Can't wait to play it.

heltenjon

Very nice! The characters come alive, even in such a short story. The music sets the mood and the puzzles are fun. Easy to moderate, I guess.

Pogwizd

@newwavesburritos
Thanks! I hope you enjoy it. I was actually thinking about getting in touch and asking you if you would be willing to proofread it, but there was so little time I decided not to bother you.

@heltenjon
Thanks for playing the game. I think the puzzles are relatively easy - didn't have much time to come up with anything elaborate.

Pogwizd

After a brief conversation with one of the forum users, I have decided to add a Colour Blind Mode to the game, which makes certain parts of the game more accessible. If you want to enable it, just go to the Settings after the intro finishes.

OneDollar

A very nice game. It was fairly easy, though I did have to stop and think about a couple of the puzzles for a bit. I also really like the graphics, and the couple of touches of animation are nice too. Good work!

Shadow1000

Short but really enjoyable game. Well-done pixel art and animation. Lovely Christmas music and some fun puzzles. I had a lot of chuckles while playing. Thanks for accommodating the colour puzzle! Good luck in the contest.

Pogwizd

Thanks guys - the fact you enjoyed it is really encouraging.

As for the graphics and animations, I can't take much credit, because it was my wife who's made them. Not being particularly into pixel-art, out of blue she asked about December's MAGS theme and said she wanted to do it. Personally, I was quite surprised how good (I think) the game looks, given the short amount of time and her lack of experience in pixel-art.

Rik_Vargard

That was a very nice funny little game to play.
The colorful graphics and music really add to the Christmas feel.

ukz530

The family-friendly and enjoyable atmosphere of this studio game is attractive.

Very nice!  ;-D

Pogwizd

Thank you both for those nice words.

For most of the time, we've been family-friendly, but who knows what the future will bring...  :)

selmiak

this is so sweet, will record a longplay soon :)

selmiak

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeJaGop-n24
there we go, longplayed it.
but tell me, is there any clue to the safe combination? I tried real hard and bruteforced it :P

heltenjon

Quote from: selmiak on Tue 18/01/2022 12:31:07
but tell me, is there any clue to the safe combination? I tried real hard and bruteforced it :P

You need to
Spoiler
Look at all the lamps on the wall and what colours the lampshades are. (I haven't tried the colour blind accomodated settings.)
[close]

selmiak

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, okay, NOW I see it! :X

Pogwizd

Thanks for taking the time to record the video :) It feels great to see one's own produce in a YouTube video.

As for the lock puzzle:
Spoiler

I think the game gets slightly easier with the colour blind mode on. The main difference is that the lamps become interactive, as opposed to the default setting. I had to do it this way, because I needed Timur to name the colour of the lamp. I guess interactive lamps would draw more attention or suggest they are useful in some way.
Other difference is when the safe GUI is on, the colours are named as well. Although, I doubt this change makes it easier. 
[close]

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk