Do Robots Dream of Ice Cream?

Started by Busulon, Fri 07/01/2022 19:46:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Busulon

Hi! I've finally released my game. It's not too long, but I hope you'll enjoy it! :)

Do Robots Dream of Ice Cream?

Bobby the robot's AI has progressed more than Robert knows. With his newfound curiosity to experience new things, Bobby decides he wants to try ice cream and see what the big deal is!

Download the game here

Cassiebsg

It looks great!

Congratulations on the release!  :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

CaptainD

What a lovely idea for a game! Gonna try this one with my kids  :smiley:

Busulon

Great! Hope you and your kids enjoy it!   :)

Rik_Vargard

I'm no kid but was a nice little game to play. I had fun :)
Good job!

Spoiler

When Bobby needs to get the gear from the shop door, I think he's moving a little to much in front of it so it makes the interactions a little tricky :p
[close]

CaptainD

Quote from: Busulon on Sun 09/01/2022 22:58:23
Great! Hope you and your kids enjoy it!   :)

We did!  ;-D

Definitely a good game to play with younger children, plenty of opportunities for interaction with them and letting them solve the puzzles. I was expecting it to be shorter than it was so pleasantly surprised when the new locations and puzzles became available.

I would have liked the font to be bigger, found it a tiny bit difficult to read at times (though that was partly due to the display I was using).

I keep feeling that I must have missed some Bladerunner references somewhere...  8-)

Busulon

I'm glad both of you (and the kids) enjoyed it.  :-D

@Rik_Vargard: You're probably right, I'll see about fixing that!

@CaptainD: Good to hear it was good for children, too. I tried it on my nieces, but since our native language is not English and they're too young to know yet, they needed translation and ended up getting impatient and just skipping through everything. :P

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 10/01/2022 20:47:16
I would have liked the font to be bigger, found it a tiny bit difficult to read at times (though that was partly due to the display I was using).
Hmmm, I have no idea how and if I can change the font size, I just left the default. Out of curiosity what size was your screen?

Quote from: CaptainD on Mon 10/01/2022 20:47:16
I keep feeling that I must have missed some Bladerunner references somewhere...  8-)

Haha, I think the title is the only reference.  ;-D

sthomannch

A nice little game, I enjoyed it, also the story.

heltenjon

The game isn't that short - I'd say it's medium length. Especially if, like me, you try everything, like making the robot talk to everything, even if it doesn't advance the game.

I enjoyed the game and will definitely also play it with my kids. It may be a bit difficult for my youngest, but fine to play together. The graphics are cute, the music is fitting, and the puzzles are fun to solve. A bit of a pixel hunt a couple of places:
Spoiler
the doorknob and the pliers on the wall in the kitchen.
[close]
I especially liked the humour and the attention to detail. There's custom responses to everything you can think of trying, even with background items.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk