[SOLVED] TwoClickHandler.ash or How OneDrive stole my files

Started by smartastreacle, Mon 24/01/2022 12:56:18

Previous topic - Next topic

smartastreacle

Hi, bit of a potential mind crusher. Almost finished my game and got an error message when I tried to open and edit - 'Could not find file (path) TwoClickHandler.ash'. Anyone have a solution for this? I closed the game script etc., about an hour ago and just tried to reopen it.  :(

Crimson Wizard

Do you actually have this file on disk in your project's folder?

In case you don't, TwoClickHandler.ash is perhaps a part of the BASS template, which may be freely downloaded from here:
https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags-template-source/tree/master/BASS

Unless you modified it for your game of course, in which case only backups may help.

smartastreacle

Many thanks CW. I have to go to work. I will try this as soon as I can. Is it a potential disaster? I have spent a year coding this ...  >:( Only freaking because I don't have time to deal with it now. It'll ruin my shift.

Pax Animo

I certainly hope you haven't lost your work.  :-\

Backup daily, plus backup to externals as you never know what might happen.

Fingers crossed.
Misunderstood

smartastreacle

What a nightmare. I'd put a copy of the game on OneDrive. I didn't know they'd be synced. Anyway, I didn't like it being on OneDrive so I took it back. Yesterday, OneDrive sent me a kind message saying it had deleted files. So I put two and two together and lo - the version on my hard drive had lost its script files, bak file, Heaven knows how many other files!!!!  ??? >:(  So, I restored all the files from the OneDrive bin, made a copy of the game on my hard drive, then pasted the missing files back into the original. The game started! But would not work because of three missing audio files which I reinserted. So, back to normal. After thirty days of deletion files are gone on One Drive. Good job I wasn't on holiday  8-0! At least, that's what I think happened. My 'cure' fixed it anyway. The moral is - don't trust anything written by anyone you don't know. I am now going to disassociate my entire world from OneDrive. Currently I am running the game from the final rooms. Crossing my fingers that I don't have files missing if I start from room 1 for a trial run.
So, yes, Mr. Wizard - your fix would have worked if I had not lost the GlobalScript.asc, amongst many other minor things. I can't believe it.  ;)

newwaveburritos

I've had to piece my game back together in a similar fashion for a similar reason and I haven't (yet) run into any problems.  Fingers crossed for you!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk