AGS IRC Down?

Started by Babar, Sat 29/01/2022 08:26:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Babar

Someone mentioned this in general, but I thought maybe post here as well for greater visibility (it is the same domain, after all), but the AGS IRC Server has been down the last couple days.
The ultimate Professional Amateur

Now, with his very own game: Alien Time Zone

Cassiebsg

Yeah, I just noticed!  :~(
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Gurok

[img]http://7d4iqnx.gif;rWRLUuw.gi

Cassiebsg

Oh, you're alive! Good to know. :D

Stupot

Babar

Spelaeologist

Maybe relocate to libera.chat. And bring Gurok back.

Dualnames

23 days maybe AGA can do it, don't worry there are contigency plans. But if im being honest, i'd rather we waited than hosted them elsewhere. Whatever it takes.
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Jim Reed

Come join club galen then, it's a splinter irc from ags irc and the connect is irc.clubgalen.com (the chan is called #clubgalen)
The original ags irc fell off in activity after the split anyway, this is a good way to join people back up.

eri0o

My guess is the problem is the imminent awards ceremony that runs on IRC.

I also looked if I could pickup a server and host it on HostGator but I discovered it's banned there.

AGA

dasjoe, who hosts / hosted the IRC server, hasn't been a regular AGS user in years.  I'm surprised it lasted even this long.  I've sent him a message, we'll see if he responds.

The vast majority of people moved to Discord years ago though.

Babar

Thanks for the update! Yeah, discord has a greater number of members, but #AGS was still going relatively strong.

Cassiebsg

Crossing fingers it'll return. I miss  it.  :~(

brewton

Quote from: Jim Reed on Fri 04/02/2022 11:10:25
Come join club galen then, it's a splinter irc from ags irc and the connect is irc.clubgalen.com (the chan is called #clubgalen)
The original ags irc fell off in activity after the split anyway, this is a good way to join people back up.

We've set up an #ags channel with the Club Galen bot, Sally. It doesn't have all the same features of Roger (sorry Babar, no acro) but it's not too different.

irc.clubgalen.com
#ags

Quote from: AGA on Fri 04/02/2022 16:29:38
dasjoe, who hosts / hosted the IRC server, hasn't been a regular AGS user in years.  I'm surprised it lasted even this long.  I've sent him a message, we'll see if he responds.

The vast majority of people moved to Discord years ago though.

I can't speak for anyone else, but I kind of really dislike Discord.

EDIT: the application, not the community. Obviously. :)

eri0o

Hey Brewton, can you pass the address of that here? Is Galen the owner? I am thinking, perhaps we could even switch links from the old server from  dasjoe to there and be done.

If you could, then it should be possible to link some redirect or alternatively update the page here:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/community/irc/

I think Roger source code is somewhere in Gurok repositories btw.

brewton

Quote from: eri0o on Sat 05/02/2022 11:27:24
Hey Brewton, can you pass the address of that here? Is Galen the owner? I am thinking, perhaps we could even switch links from the old server from  dasjoe to there and be done.

If you could, then it should be possible to link some redirect or alternatively update the page here:
https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/site/community/irc/

I think Roger source code is somewhere in Gurok repositories btw.

Peder is the server owner, he says it is okay to change the links over.

The channel is #ags on irc.clubgalen.com, port 6697. Here's a mibbit link for those who want to check it out.

Maybe since the channel is being 'reborn' we can also change some of those draconian rules :)

papershippy

Thank you all for kindly hosting the new #ags!

Hopefully many gonna find the way back there.

AGA

I managed to get hold of Hajo, and he'll start the IRC daemon when he gets the chance.

Babar

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk