Share your dreams

Started by cat, Mon 31/01/2022 13:34:20

Previous topic - Next topic

cat

No, I'm not talking about your visions on world peace. I'm talking about that stuff that happens in your brain while you are asleep. I often have weird dreams and I thought it would be fun to share them and ask people to do the same. Maybe they can inspire someone to write a nice story or adventure game? At least we could get a good laugh. Sometimes I even dream of AGS!

Two days ago I had a strange dream - I talked to Miez about FoY and why it all ended. Embarrassingly, I was also asked what happened to Shattenreyze  :-[
Dreams are weird  :-D

Danvzare

I write down my dreams (when I feel like it).
I've been doing it since 2016, so this is right up my alley. Let me just find a really good dream to share...
This is a dream I had on the 20th of December 2020 (I remembered two dreams that night, this is the second one):

It was in the early hours of the morning the morning, and young maid had just arrived. The estate where she worked was quite large, and had a variety of servants working in it throughout the day, although she was usually the first to arrive. It was still dark, and she suspected that the master of the house and his wife were still in bed. There was a good chance their daughter was fast asleep as well, unless she had sneaked downstairs to watch the midnight programs again. Last time she had caught the young girl watching the old 1960s classic Psycho. The two of them had an unspoken rule, if the maid caught her, she would go straight to bed, but the maid also wouldn’t speak a word of it to either of the girl’s parents.

The maid got herself ready, and went upstairs and into the main lounge. As she opened the double doors, she noticed an odd smell, one she instinctively thought she would have to track down and sort out later that day. Then she noticed the red. Then she noticed the bodies. The master of the house and his wife had both been brutally murdered, smashed vases and upturned furniture littered the room. A window at the back had been smashed. And standing among it all in a catatonic state, holding her teddy which was now soaked in blood, was the little girl. Her white gown was covered in blood, and her cute brown pig tails had red ends, almost as though they had been dyed.

The cops came later that day, and the girl soon found herself living in a psychiatric ward, as the butler, her legal guardian, looked after the estate. The young girl slowly left her catatonic state, but she never did speak again after that incident. And she also refused to ever reveal any information about what had happened, instead retreating inwards.

Ten years passed, and the girl, now seventeen years old, was returned back to her home. The butler had rather enjoyed his time as the master of the house, although that time was soon to be nearing its end. He had a yearly Halloween party, where he invited some of the wealthy elite. A week long party that ended on Halloween. Unfortunately this year would have to involve the girl. Someone who due to her childish nature and inability to talk, more or less ruined the sophistication of the mood. Plus there was the matter that there were rumours that she had killed her parents all those years ago. An unfounded rumour of course, as the killer was never caught, but one all the guests were well aware of.

Most of the people in the manor, treated the girl poorly, as though she was an unwanted guest. Then four days before Halloween, one of the guests was found dead. It appeared to be an accident, a simple fall from the upstairs banister. But it aroused suspicion among everyone, especially when someone else was found dead the following day. Once again, it appeared to be an accident, as the victim appeared to have fallen while taking a shower, smashing their head open on the kitchen sink. But fear was starting to build up in the guests. Some were planning to leave, but the butler convinced them otherwise. Two days later, another guest was found dead, hanging from a rope in their bedroom. There was no denying it, there was a murderer in the house, and everyone knew who it had to be. The police though had no evidence, but they knew how to get it. With permission from the butler, they placed cameras around the entire manor, and would monitor the entire building during the Halloween party. The current guests all agreed to stay in order to bring this killer to justice. They especially felt safe knowing that the police were now watching over them.

The detective who had been assigned the case, a black man with a thin moustache and a love of noir fiction, had interrogated everyone. There was only one suspect with a clear motive and no alibi, and that was the girl. The butler, who unbeknownst to him, had been a suspect ten years ago, had a solid alibi for the time of death of two of the recent murders. It couldn’t be anyone else, it had to be her. But they needed proof, and this would provide it.

The next day came, and Halloween along with it. As per the girl’s written request, a literal cauldron of full of candy was placed outside the front door, with a ladle beside it. The party as usual, was quite small, being for sophisticated individuals. That being said, the girl had insisted on costumes, and so some had obliged. One guest wore a military outfit, another a sheet with holes cut through it, while others had simply worn their usual tuxedos and dresses. It was an odd mix. The girl, still with her brown pigtails, although they were now much longer than when she was seven, had chosen to dress herself as a maid. More specifically a psychotic maid, one whose apron had blood splatters on it. If it hadn’t been for her constant cheerful demeanour, she would have looked somewhat unnerving, although for the guests who all knew of the recent murders, no amount of cheerfulness could put them at ease.

The girl then noticed the cameras strewn about the manor. They had been put up without her knowledge, and she had only just noticed them now that the night had come and the party was underway. A look of betrayal passed over her face. A look missed by the police, as the man whose job it was to watch the cameras, was instead busy watching an old horror movie.

The girl went into the kitchen and open a drawer. There she grabbed a large kitchen knife. She then brandished the knife, pointing the blade downwards as she tightened her grip. A cook then came into the kitchen and began shooing the girl out. She turned towards him, an evil glare in her eye. Suddenly she closed her eyes, tilted her head, and gave him a warm friendly smile.

Then she stabbed him.

She stabbed him repeated in the face, blood spurting everywhere, an eyeball popping out of its socket and rolling across the floor. After the man fell onto the floor, the girl walked out of the kitchen in search of her next victim. She began killing guest after guest, and they soon began running in a frenzy. Some would even run towards, and moments before she stabbed them, they would utter not “Why?” but “How?”

Soon the manor was littered with bodies, the outside too. But there was two she was missing, and there was one place she hadn’t been yet. The family crypt where poor old mom and dad had spent the past decade. She sneaked into the crypt, and while hidden in the shadows around a corner, she saw something quite astonishing. Herself. Or at least, someone who looked remarkably like her. Then someone walked past her, not noticing her in the shadows. This person also looked like her, although more masculine. The two clones talked to each other. They confirmed who they were, and when they spoke, the girl instantly recognized their voices. It was the butler and the maid, her legal guardian and the woman who had found her all those years ago.

“She’s caused quite a mess hasn’t she?”

“Yeah, but it’s all good. All we have to do now is kill her, say it was in self defence, and we’ll be living the high life for the rest of our days.”

The butler then passed her once again and began to leave the crypt. The girl then walked up to the maid who had turned her back, and pattered her on the shoulder. The maid turned around and for a moment thought she was staring at the butler. That notion was soon put to rest once the blade pierced her abdomen and upwards into her heart. She let out a death moan which brought the butler running, but in one swift motion the girl remove the knife, swung around and stabbed the butler in almost the identical place as the maid. He let out a much more quiet moan before falling to the floor dead.

The girl took a moment to admire her handiwork, then walked out of the crypt. There, outside of the crypt was a woman with her child, who had just walked onto the estate having seen the sign outside saying that trick or treaters were welcome. The woman looked concerned over the bodies on littered on the lawn, but the girl smiled her innocent smile, and said her first words in over ten years.

“Don’t worry, they’re just Halloween decorations. Do you want some candy?”

The mother breathed a sigh of relief, and along with her child, followed the girl to the porch. As they reached the porch, the girl bent down slightly to reach the child’s height, and said “do you want to hear a scary story?”

The child nodded.

The girl grabbed the nearby ladle and scooped up a large portion of sweets. “Long ago, a family used to live here. Although the mummy and daddy used to argue a lot. One day, they more than they had ever done before, and the little girl couldn’t take it anymore.” The girl then poured the portion of wrapped candies into the child’s pumpkin bowl.

“What happened?” inquired the child.

“Well the little girl killed her parents.” The girl continued. “They say she still roams this very house. So you better run, otherwise she might get you!” She said this last sentence with a sweet and most innocent smile.

“Happy Halloween.” The mother said happily as she guided her child out of the estate. They walked past the detective who had watched the final ordeal, having chosen not to interfere lest the mother and child get traumatised. After those two had left, the police ran in, and handcuffed the girl, whose only protest was that she had proof that it wasn’t her.

“Proof? What proof? We’ve got you on camera!”

“I have proof!” she exclaimed.

“Where?” the detective finally relented.

The girl then pointed towards the crypt. After a moment’s thought, the detective brought the girl into the back of a police car and went into the crypt.

There was a moment’s silence, and then the detective could be clearly heard shouting “God fucking damn it!”

The girl then sat there in the back of the police vehicle, thinking to herself. She was briefly reminded of the ending of Psycho, that movie she had watched as a kid. If only there was a fly nearby that she could use to tell herself that she wouldn’t even hurt a fly. That would be poetic she thought.

cat

Wow, amazing in many ways - that you dream a movie-like, well-planned plot and that you remember so many details. Though I don't quite get the ending - what was the proof she was talking about and that the police man found?

Danvzare

Quote from: cat on Tue 01/02/2022 10:36:23
Wow, amazing in many ways - that you dream a movie-like, well-planned plot and that you remember so many details. Though I don't quite get the ending - what was the proof she was talking about and that the police man found?
Well that particular dream is my number one highlight from five years of writing them down. The majority of my dreams are quite random and end suddenly. And so SO many of them are just about video games, particularly the Thief series for some reason.
I think remembering the details of your dreams though, is just a skill you pick up from constantly trying to remember them, and even then it's random how much you'll remember. Most of my entries are two paragraphs long.
I think I only have three or four dreams in that entire journal which is written like an actual story. The rest are written like plot summaries because I simply don't remember enough details.
So it goes without saying that when I get a dream like that, I make sure to write it down.  :-D

As for the proof the girl was talking about. Honestly, I'm not sure. That was one of the weird dream-logic things. Presumably she meant the way the butler and the maid were dressed, since they were dead in the crypt and dressed to look like her.

Kastchey

Quote from: cat on Mon 31/01/2022 13:34:20Embarrassingly, I was also asked what happened to Shattenreyze  :-[
Aww. Will you believe that I was looking at my SR WiP folder the other day?

As for the dreams, I don't really remember a lot of mine but what has been posted so far was a really good read. Great thread! ^^

Mouth for war

I have a lot of nightmares so nothing really nice to share :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

Cassiebsg

Love dreams. :)

Though mine are either weird, funny and adventure like (somehow, it's never really "me" and sometimes it's more like I'm watching a movie or playing a game - as in the 3rd person). These are the ones I love dreaming about, but always hate waking up from, as I never get the conclusion.

Like spending an "entire" dream revolving about a plastic bag that I'm caring around, and when I finally open it to see what was inside, I wake up!  (laugh)

I haven't had these fun dreams in a while (I'm likely not sleeping enough these days). The last one that left an impression was a bit surreal, and it involved a city, where I was trying to get in. This city was enclosed by a wall around it... I remember there were toy soldiers guarding it, and I had found an entry through a complex of warehouse buildings attached to the wall... there was shrinking involved as well. And I've long forgotten a bunch of other cool and fun details. Of course, I never got in the city, as I woke up.  (roll)

Then I have 3 recurring nightmares (though again, been a several years since the last one).
- One has to do with elevators - I can't control, it keeps passing my floor, getting stuck half way, flying out of the shaft or crashing down. I think I've learned to take the stairs or exit it as soon as it fails to stop on my floor... Otherwise I normally wake up when I die on the crash or fly into outer space...
- Another is watching planes crashing all around me.  :-\ I'm never on one though, and but can often feel the warmth of the fireball. Never died on one of these dreams.
- The 3rd one is my sub-conscious telling me I need to go to the toilet. It often involves having to hold until I find a toilet (not an easy task) and then once I find it, there's always something wrong with it, that stops me from using it (no lock on the door; I lock the door, just to realize there's a second door - that is open - on the other end; that one of the walls is a transparent glass... and so on...)  ??? With so many obstacles I end up waking up and get to the real toilet in time...  (laugh)

And then there's the traditional "I can fly" dream... which I enjoy and only start getting worried if/when I reach outer-space.  ;)

I tried, about 20 years or so, to write my dreams, but ended up giving up. By the time I was awake enough to write, most details were gone anyway. No idea where the few registers I did made ended up though.
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Crimson Wizard

I rarely remember of precise details, or rarely have them in dreams, but remember an idea of a dream sometimes.

Just recently, i had a dream where a gigantic ship crashed in the coastal city's bay and half-sunk. There was an artificial island nearby built by a secretive billionare, and rumors said that he had a prediction of this ship crashing many years ago, so specifically built his mansion nearby to receive a direct access to it when it will crash there years later. It might have been of great importance to him... A group of operatives is sent to investigate the island. Last thing i recall is how we got attacked by tiny baby-like creatures crawling out of the sea.

:confused: This sounds a little like Resident Evil game, although I never played any of these.

PS. BTW, I recall there have been another thread about dreams a while ago.
Here it is: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=57318.0
Also found another small one: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=55458.0

Frodo

I dream I remember from the other day was quite funny. 

My niece didn't believe I had a fringe (I don't really, but I did in my dream).  So I cut if off to show her, and prove it to her.  Then as soon as I cut my fringe off, the rest of my hair stuck straight up in the air.   :tongue:

Danvzare

Quote from: Mouth for war on Tue 01/02/2022 22:26:26
I have a lot of nightmares so nothing really nice to share :D
Nightmares make the best stories though! And they're usually easy to remember and write down too, especially if you write them down as soon as they wake you up in the middle of the night. Which I did once... my dad was very confused when he came in that night and saw me writing on a laptop in the middle of the night.

Quote from: Cassiebsg on Tue 01/02/2022 22:32:16
- The 3rd one is my sub-conscious telling me I need to go to the toilet. It often involves having to hold until I find a toilet (not an easy task) and then once I find it, there's always something wrong with it, that stops me from using it (no lock on the door; I lock the door, just to realize there's a second door - that is open - on the other end; that one of the walls is a transparent glass... and so on...)  ??? With so many obstacles I end up waking up and get to the real toilet in time...  (laugh)
I have that one. Although usually the toilet is overflowing or outright horrifically disgusting. I think it's my mind's way of trying to stop me from wetting myself.  (laugh)
Some other reoccurring dreams I have is teeth falling out, having to walk around outside with no shoes, and really steep hills that everyone walks up with ease but I have to crawl to get up. I think it's easy to psychoanalyze all of that as well.

Quote from: Frodo on Wed 02/02/2022 09:26:19
I dream I remember from the other day was quite funny. 

My niece didn't believe I had a fringe (I don't really, but I did in my dream).  So I cut if off to show her, and prove it to her.  Then as soon as I cut my fringe off, the rest of my hair stuck straight up in the air.   :tongue:
Kind of ironic that to prove you had a fringe, you had to get rid of your fringe.

This thread is fun.  :-D

Ponch

I had a dream a few months ago that I was at work, it was the end of the day, and I didn't want to go home because my apartment was full of all of my dead relatives. I don't know if they were ghosts or zombies or what, but i knew they were just hanging out there and I didn't want to deal with them. No dread, no fear, just not in the mood to spend time with them, so I was looking for any excuse to work after hours for as long as possible.  (wrong)

cat

@Ponch: That's a hilarious dream. And I can imagine some people might be reluctant to return to a full appartment of living relatives. No wonder you wouldn't want to go there  :)

Ponch

Quote from: cat on Thu 03/02/2022 12:24:59
@Ponch: That's a hilarious dream. And I can imagine some people might be reluctant to return to a full appartment of living relatives. No wonder you wouldn't want to go there  :)
That was the exact feeling I had in the dream. Like an unpleasant, distant relative hanging around for the holidays. I just wasn't in the mood to be around them.  :wink:

FanOfHumor

Yes dreams can be quite odd. I know lots of times when my characters in my dreams would mysteriously change without my knowing of it.I can remember one dream I had much fun in was about a mystery.For some reason everything had a green tint like some old partially colored games. It was all about something being missing and that I (a detective dressed like sherlock holmes!) had to find it.Everything around me looked almost as exact as the way houses would look around the time of sherlock holmes. I can only remember the beginning and the end.I wish dreams could be recorded. They would make great instant movies. As I searched I was saying something about a clue I found and why it explains everything.When suddenly and unnoticeably to me I had switched to 3rd person view and the detective was now a monkey!So this monkey got credit for solving  the case and I didn't.It was fun solving as it lasted anyways.  :P

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

Frodo

I have a workman in my house at the moment. 

Last night, I dreamed he was wrecking the whole place around me, while I sat and watched TV.   :shocked:

cat

I hope when you woke up your house was still there?

Frodo

Stupot

I go through phases where I dream a lot (or just remember them more). These days, I’m having such a phase, but they’ve been some quite disturbing dreams. One I had the other night left me shaken and I nearly cried remembering it today.

It was really quite nasty so I don’t want to describe it here. I’ve had some disturbing dreams in my life but this one was like my brain was testing me to see what it could get away with.

I’m glad for this thread though. Dreams are fascinating, even the messed up ones. It’s become common for people to say it’s “boring” to hear about other people’s dreams, but I don’t think 90% of those people actually believe that. They just say it because it’s become a thing you say which makes it sound like you have an opinion when you’re just copying what seems to be the general consensus. It’s much like the people who say their favourite (or least favourite) word is “moist”. Well done, you’re the 168th person to tell me that, this year.

FanOfHumor

One time I sneezed in a dream and woke up choking!That was really odd I didn't even know I was choking till I woke up.And sometimes your mind creates feelings that you never even felt.I used to every once in a while get electrocuted in a dream .I don't know why I got electrocuted.I didn't even know what it's like to get shocked.

I think the reason some people don't like listening to others dreams is because you can't see what that other person dreamed.Without all those missing details it sounds boring.

I don't remember all the good dreams though that would have made fantastic movies.
Just think.What would happen to movies and video games if dreams could be recorded.That would mean instant graphics ,instant movies ,instant game ideas and more.No more working to think of  an idea it would be done in your sleep!Of course everything seems more fantastic in your sleep though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk