Perfect Tides

Started by granulac, Fri 04/03/2022 16:25:33

Previous topic - Next topic

granulac

I'm pleased to announce the release of my 4+ year game project, Perfect Tides!

Perfect Tides is a point and click adventure game about the agony and anticipation of being a teen. Set in the year 2000, you play as Mara, an internet-obsessed young writer who lives on a so-called island paradise. Following 4 seasons of the year, you experience through Mara the beauty and silence of the island, the turmoil of family life and mainland public school, and an ever-evolving quest for love, friendship and experience.

Featuring:

-Classic 90s-style Point and Click user interface: collect inventory, interact with people and objects, and explore your island home.
-Rich narrative and character-driven story: solve puzzles and watch the plot unfold.
-Move through 45+ beautifully designed rooms, day and night, in 4 seasons of the year.

Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1172800/Perfect_Tides/
Itch.io: https://granulac.itch.io/perfect-tides

I want to give a huge thanks to the AGS community for their early interest and support in this game. I had so much encouragement and tech help on my very first game, and I'm proud and excited to have seen it through. Would love to hear what some of you think! :)

Rincewind

Damn, this looks so good! Congratulations on the release, I'm putting it on my Steam wishlist now!

Andersk

I just started my adventure with Perfect Tides. Like, literally. (I brought home the groceries) But I wanted to stop and say I can tell a lot of hard work was put into this game! I really enjoy the graphics and characters. I also enjoy the really casual dialogue. It's very funny, but it feels REAL. Like, when Mara is arguing with the brother it felt like real siblings going at it. I look forward to the rest of the game. Thank you for making it!

Snarky

Cool, congratulations! I just saw the glowing review over on the A.V. Club. Always great to see somebody doing something a little different, especially at this level of polish.

eri0o

Congratulations on the release! The game looks great! I saw some scenes from it that some people showed me and the dialog looks very fun, I plan on playing it shortly :)

MIGGO

Haven't finished the game yet, but I have to say this game is incredibly well written. I'm really taken by Mara and her story. Plus there's tons of stuff to examine in each room and it's always carefully and inventively written. I find I'm looking the hell out of every room!  :-D Soundtrack and animation is real impressive too. Excited to see it through to the end!
What is Palace Cheese?
A dodge move in Romanian swordplay.

heltenjon

I've started playing this, and it's looking good and different so far. I notice there is branching, so I wonder: how many endings are there? Probably a bit soon to think about, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't more than one, at least. Not asking for spoilers here, just if anyone knows the number of endings.

glurex

I've just bought it yesterday, via Steam, so I only played a bit. But it's looking very good so far!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk