RESULT

This year, there were two joint winners and two joint runners up:

Joint 1st place
Breakfast on Trappist-1 by FormosaFalanster and Lorenzo
Santa Claus in: A Flight to Remember by OneDollar

Joint 2nd place
One More Fathom by WHAM
I Rented a Boat by eri0o

Thank you to everyone who made a game for MAGS in 2021. And thank you to everyone who played the games and voted, rated, commented, and otherwise got involved. You all rock.

Now it's time to decide the best of the best. The cream of the crop. The cherry on top, the icing on the cake, the toad in the hole... Now I'm just hungry.

It's time to cast your mind back to 2021 and vote for your favourite games among the winning MAGS monthly entries. There are 11 entries to choose from (as we had no entries in November). 8-)

Voting is simple. Just choose your best three games no particular order. The game with the most tallied votes will be the winner.

A few requests before we proceed.

1) Please try to have played as many of the games as possible (preferably all of them). If you really don't have time to play every game, some of them have videos you can watch instead. (Keep an eye on this thread)
2) Only one submission per person.
3) Please vote for games based on their own merits (visual, enjoyment, puzzles etc.). Don't just vote for your friend or fellow countryman's games.
4) You do not have to be logged into a Google account but you will be asked for your AGS forum name for verification purposes.

Click here to vote
Voting lasts until midnight (BST) on Wednesday, April 6th The winner will be announced as part of the forthcoming AGS Awards ceremony.

January
Under the Sea
In Search of Marina
by Slasher and Racoon

February
Greed
One more Fathom
by WHAM

March
Journey
I Rented a Boat
by eri0o

Watch

April
The Cure
What a Whopper
by Slasher

May
Growing
Breakfast on Trappist-1
by FormosaFalanster

Watch

June
Into the Breach
Belly of the Beast
by Slasher

Watch

July
The Bride
Castle Escape: Chapter 1
by fernewelten

August
By Hook or Crook
Guy: By Hook or by Crook
by remz

September
Scales
Scales Training Game
by heltenjon

October
Halloween with an Unexpected Guest
Halloween with an Unexpected Guest
by heltenjon

November
Oops!
No Entries
this month

December
Gift Trouble
Santa Clause in A Flight to Remember
by OneDollar

heltenjon

And while you're at it, why don't you also rate the games in the database? Only one of these games has enough votes to get a cup rating. And one of my games is one of only two totally unrated games for 2021. It may be one cup, but I currently have no cups, dammit!  ;)

EDIT: And big thanks to whoever it was that took that message and rated my game. Only four more to go before a cup now!  :-D

cat

As I don't allow myself to vote in the awards, I will gladly vote for MAGGIES once I've played all games  :)

Stupot

Thanks for the votes so far, to those who have.

It’s pretty close so far. So we do need more, votes. Please don’t let it slip your mind.

Ponch

milkanannan

Cool - I'll try and play through the ones I missed so I can vote.

eri0o

milkanannan

Cassiebsg

There are those who believe that life here began out there...

cat

I've played all games now and also left a comment in the database or thread (except for one game that has neither but I also didn't finish or enjoy).

It was a very hard decision. Should I pick the game with best graphics? Best story? Most impressive coding? Most addictive? Best puzzles? The one that made me laugh most? The cutest one?
But alas, I could only pick three of them.

There were great MAGS games made last year!

Stupot

Thanks for the votes so far. We’ve had a reasonable turnout, but a few more votes would be very welcome.

As the AGS Awards now has a date, I’ll be closing the voting for MAGGIES at midnight (BST) at the end of Wednesday 6th, giving you about a day and a half (from the time of this post) to get your votes in.

Cheers

Dualnames

I finally finished the last entry today, [well last 4 entries rather]. So votes have been casted!
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Stupot

RESULT

This year, there were two joint winners and two joint runners up:

Joint 1st place
Breakfast on Trappist-1 by FormosaFalanster and Lorenzo
Santa Claus in: A Flight to Remember by OneDollar

Joint 2nd place
One More Fathom by WHAM
I Rented a Boat by eri0o

Well done to all of you and to everyone who participated in MAGS throughout 2021.

LimpingFish

Really strong Maggies this year. I happened to play a number of the entries, quite recently actually, and was very impressed with the overall quality.

Well done to the winners and nominees! ;-D
Steam: LimpingFish
PSN: LFishRoller
XB: TheActualLimpingFish
Spotify: LimpingFish

Ponch

Cassiebsg

MAGS rulez! :D

Congrats to the winners and everyone who participated in MAGS (including playing, voting and commenting a game!) And of course Stu for hosting and be up at 4 AM for presenting the winners at the ceremony.  :)
There are those who believe that life here began out there...

OneDollar

Shame I missed the awards ceremony but I just watched Scavenger's recording.  Thanks everyone, especially those who played a Christmas game in the middle of March! Congratulations to my fellow award winners and thanks again to Stupot for hosting MAGS all this time. Hopefully it won't be another 8 years until my next game...

Snarky

So, this is a nitpicky little thing, but when there is a tie for first place, I think it is customary to consider the next one below that to be third place, not second. (And if there was a three-way tie for first, then the next one down would be fourth, and so on.) So by that reckoning One More Fathom and I Rented a Boat are tied for third.

Stupot

That’s true. I didn’t really intend to use the words 1st and 2nd. I meant ‘winners’ and ‘runners up’, which is I think how I referred to them in the ceremony.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk