Started by cat, Fri 18/03/2022 08:33:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Stupot

Quote from: cat on Thu 23/06/2022 09:22:26
Today was quite tricky, actually. It took me 5 guesses
Spoiler
my 4th being DRINK, so almost there.
[close]
Ditto to this exact experience. It was a little frustrating.

The current one,371, I got in 3 guesses and was pleased with how I arrived at it.

Mouth for war

took me 5 tries today! Was getting nervous :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

cat

Got it on my second try today - and such an important word  ;)

Stupot

Today’s was a bitch. Just scraped through:

Wordle 375 6/6*

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler

⬛⬛⬛⬛⬛ RUINS (because I’d just watched ‘The Ruins’ and it contains two vowels)
⬛⬛⬛🟨⬛ BLOAT (because it was the first word to mind that contains different vowels)
⬛⬛🟨⬛⬛ CHAFE (because it contains an A and the last vowel, E. No luck)
🟩🟩⬛⬛⬛ GAMMA (I had become convinced the word would have two As. I was wrong)
🟩🟩⬛⬛🟩 GAPPY (I nearly went for GAWKY here but talked myself out of it as it’s not a common word)
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩 GAWKY (I was about ready to accept defeat but it was the only word left I could think of, and it worked)

[close]

Mouth for war

got it on my last try! Never heard that word before :D

cat

Woah, that was a weird word today. I got 3 yellow letters on my first try, but it took 4 tries to fix even one of them. Finally got it on my 6th.

Spoiler
STARE, TREND, CUTER, REMIT, HERTZ, BERTH
[close]

Mouth for war

Stupot

Quote from: Mouth for war on Wed 13/07/2022 20:24:15
2:nd try today! :D
was that #389? I also got #389 in two shots.

I’ve been getting a lot of 3’s recently too, but I spoiled it today (#390) with a 6.

Still, my streak is currently 90, so I’ll be aiming for that big 100.

Stupot

Got my 100 streak!

The average score from those 100 is 3.97.

That 101 is from back when I accidentally cleared my cache and then messed up the first game after doing that.

Mouth for war

Stupot

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Spoiler
Wordle 402 X/6*

⬛⬛🟨🟩⬛
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩⬛🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
⬛🟩🟩🟩🟩
[close]

cat

I missed out a few days because I was on vacation but today I got it on second  ;-D

cat

English is so weird. Today's Quordle had the following two solutions

Spoiler
TOUGH and DOUGH
[close]

which are spelled almost the same but have a completely different pronunciation.

Mouth for war

Stupot

Wordle 454 X/6*

🟩🟨🟨⬛⬛
🟩⬛🟨🟨⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩⬛
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩
🟩🟩⬛🟩🟩

This is the second time this has happened to me in the space of a few days. I’ve been having a bit of a nightmare. Gone are the glory days.

Snarky

Commiserations. I just played it and also struck out.

Spoiler
PARER is a bullshit word, anyway.
[close]

I haven't really enjoyed Wordle since I switched to hard mode and NYT made Worldebot subscriber-only, and I haven't been playing regularly. I still feel that in hard mode the element of strategy is almost gone, and there's little to do but just type in the first word you think of that fits. Like today, what's the difference between you getting it in 4 or not at all except luck?

Quordle is fun, though. I'm still trying to get a game in 5.

heltenjon

Over at https://wordfeud.aasmul.net/Default.aspx , the home of wordfeud league of honor and several spin-off leagues (mostly quiz games, but also chess and yatzy and others), there's now recently established a league in a Wordle-like game. I'm currently playing in the Norwegian and the English league.

It's called Ordlek (literally "word-game"), presumably to avoid trademark infringement. The way it goes, is that I go to my table page, then click a link to open up a wordle-like game. I play it and get points according to how many attempts I had to use to solve it. Now, my opponent in the match can also play the same game with the same solution. When both have played, I can see the opponents attempts, and the result is entered into the table automatically. If you do not play in the allotted time (I think two or three days), you will be scored a zero in that match.

In other words, instead of one solution per day, like in NYC wordle, there is one solution per match. The words are drawn from the most commonly used words in their forum, in addition to five-letter words available in the Wordfeud dictionary (which is basically Scrabble on a cell phone app, if you've never heard of it). A season lasts 14 days, and I get about 10-12 opponents a season. It's still in the early stages, so there's bound to be some bugs. If you want try solving a puzzle for fun, go to the site, then to the Ordlek English table, and click on the link underneath to go to the match. As you aren't signed up, you will get to train and solve wordle puzzles without an opponent.

cat

I tried a quick game and the solution (which I could only find with a helper tool) was "JOHNS" - which seems to be only a name and not a real word. On the other hand, it didn't recognize "JOINS" as word.

heltenjon

Quote from: cat on Thu 10/11/2022 10:53:18I tried a quick game and the solution (which I could only find with a helper tool) was "JOHNS" - which seems to be only a name and not a real word. On the other hand, it didn't recognize "JOINS" as word.
Could be a bug, of course. It definitely should recognize "joins". "Johns" could be plural form of "John", which could mean a toilet or a prostitute customer, and possibly other things I don't know.

cat

That was a fun one today #517
⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
⬜⬜⬜🟨⬜
⬜🟩⬜⬜⬜
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩

Spoiler
STARE
COULD
BLINK
GLYPH
[close]