AGS Support > AGS Engine & Editor Releases

AGS 3.6.0 - Beta 13

<< < (43/54) > >>

Baguettator:
Wow that's strange !!

Is it planned to change it ? Or there is a reason for that kind of "maths" to exist ? (I believe yes, because why to do difficult when you can do easy).

About my audio problems I told before, could you have a look if the PlayMp3File function works normally ? My code uses this function, I don't do anything excepting playing MP3 files normally, and I encounter "randomly" the bug while the files are played 1 tone under the original.

Also, the Audio.Play function works like before ? Because in the 3.5 versions, I didn't write parameters (I did myaudio.Play()), and it played once normally. Now the same audio files are playing several times, and I didn't change the code ! As you worked on audio before (as I saw in this thread), maybe things have changed a bit ?

Crimson Wizard:

--- Quote from: Baguettator on 03 Jul 2022, 18:50 ---Is it planned to change it ? Or there is a reason for that kind of "maths" to exist ? (I believe yes, because why to do difficult when you can do easy).

--- End quote ---

I have no idea why it was made like that, it could be a random attempt to make it look in certain way.
No, there were no plans to change how gui look like, at least not in 3.6.0, because changing this now may break looks for someone else who already adjusted to this behavior; also rushing things may cause us missing something. Maybe this will be changed in the future versions, but this has to be well thought through, how the sliders should look, work, and which parameters to use. It's probably not the only thing that could've been adjusted too.

--- Quote from: Baguettator on 03 Jul 2022, 18:50 ---About my audio problems I told before, could you have a look if the PlayMp3File function works normally ? My code uses this function, I don't do anything excepting playing MP3 files normally, and I encounter "randomly" the bug while the files are played 1 tone under the original.

--- End quote ---

I cannot tell what does 1 tone down means... Could you give an example of mp3 file, or record how it sounds in some media player and inside a game for comparison?

--- Quote from: Baguettator on 03 Jul 2022, 18:50 ---Also, the Audio.Play function works like before ? Because in the 3.5 versions, I didn't write parameters (I did myaudio.Play()), and it played once normally. Now the same audio files are playing several times, and I didn't change the code ! As you worked on audio before (as I saw in this thread), maybe things have changed a bit ?

--- End quote ---

Nothing was supposed to change in script commands. But according to AudioClip.Play, if you dont pass any parameters, then the default values for this clip/audio type will be used. Please check what your clip properties and audio type properties say in the editor.

Baguettator:
OK, no problem for sliders, my code deals really well with that :)

1 tone down is about the "pitch" of the music. I could send you my project so that you can test and see.

Also I encountered again the strange sound, like a train slowing quickly... Strange...

Any update of AGS 3.6 with the fix for ListBox.RowCount bug ?

Crimson Wizard:

--- Quote from: Baguettator on 04 Jul 2022, 17:24 ---1 tone down is about the "pitch" of the music. I could send you my project so that you can test and see.

--- End quote ---

Yes, please.

--- Quote from: Baguettator on 04 Jul 2022, 17:24 ---Any update of AGS 3.6 with the fix for ListBox.RowCount bug ?

--- End quote ---

It has been fixed, if you like you may download the latest build here:
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5111025316921344

Baguettator:
Hi,

Also I thought about a thing : would it be possible to make the slider's handle clickable even "out" from the slider's height ?

If my handle's image is 50*50 pixels, at min value or at max value, the slider is 25 pixels out from the slider (+/- 4 pixels, according to the strange maths in AGS  ;) ). The problem is that if I click on the handle, but the click is on the 25 pixels "out" from the slider, the handle doesn't react. Even if you click on it, and even if you have chosen the pixel-perfect collision.

Of course, if the handle is within the slider (not at min/max value), it works perfectly by clicking everywhere on it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version