AGS 3.6.0 - Beta 15

Started by Crimson Wizard, Sun 20/03/2022 20:23:39

Previous topic - Next topic

abstauber

Thanks, this fixed it!
There's still a lot not working, but nothing crashes anymore :)
So  I guess it would be safe to port everything to 3.5 first and once it all works I move it over to 3.6 to actually identify bugs.

edit: yep, the game is also sort of broken in AGS 3.5. So I'll fix that first and report things here later.

abstauber

The new editor seems to have trouble switching themes when code is already being displayed.
This also happens with Visual Studio Dark.

Code: ags
---------------------------
Adventure Game Studio
Something went wrong when trying to apply color theme AGS-Dracula-0.2. The editor will set the color theme back to the default theme and continue as normal, however it may not look right until the next time you restart the editor. See stack trace for more details.

System.NullReferenceException: Der Objektverweis wurde nicht auf eine Objektinstanz festgelegt.

bei AGS.Editor.ColorThemeJson.GetJToken(String id, JObject json)

bei AGS.Editor.ColorThemeJson.DoTransform[T](String id, Func`2 transform)

bei AGS.Editor.ColorThemeJson.GetColor(String id)

bei AGS.Editor.ScintillaWrapper.LoadColorTheme(ColorTheme t)

bei AGS.Editor.ColorThemes.Apply(Action`1 apply)
OK   

eri0o

making a fix for it...

Edit: it's here: https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6233116699262976

abstauber

Dualnames

I'm getting the following error [trying to move Strangeland to 3.6.0:

Error: parsing "Rotta bezieht sich auf die Wortherkunft, die buchstäblich \"Fleisch erheben\" (oder \"wegnehmen\") bedeutet. Die Anspielung geht bei der Übersetzung etwas verloren: Der Vergnügungspark heißt im Englischen "\Carnival\" (\"Karneval\"), was im Deutschen lediglich Feierlichkeiten beschreibt, mit denen das Ende der Fastenzeit begangen wird." - Unrecognized escape sequence \C.
Version: AGS 3.6.0.23

System.ArgumentException: parsing "Rotta bezieht sich auf die Wortherkunft, die buchstäblich \"Fleisch erheben\" (oder \"wegnehmen\") bedeutet. Die Anspielung geht bei der Übersetzung etwas verloren: Der Vergnügungspark heißt im Englischen "\Carnival\" (\"Karneval\"), was im Deutschen lediglich Feierlichkeiten beschreibt, mit denen das Ende der Fastenzeit begangen wird." - Unrecognized escape sequence \C.
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.ScanCharEscape()
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.RegexParser.Unescape(String input)
   at System.Text.RegularExpressions.Regex.Unescape(String str)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.TranslationsComponent.CompileTranslation(Translation translation, CompileMessages errors)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.TranslationsComponent.AGSEditor_PreCompileGame(PreCompileGameEventArgs evArgs)
   at AGS.Editor.AGSEditor.PreCompileGameHandler.Invoke(PreCompileGameEventArgs evArgs)
   at AGS.Editor.AGSEditor.CompileGame(Boolean forceRebuild, Boolean createMiniExeForDebug)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.TestGame(Boolean withDebugger)
   at AGS.Editor.Components.BuildCommandsComponent.CommandClick(String controlID)
   at AGS.Editor.GUIController._mainForm_OnMenuClick(String menuItemID)
   at AGS.Editor.MainMenuManager.MenuEventHandler(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam) 

Any thoughts?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 23/04/2022 21:49:35
I'm getting the following error [trying to move Strangeland to 3.6.0:

The error message mentions: "Unrecognized escape sequence \C"

Here's the part of the text which seem to be causing the problem:
Vergnügungspark heißt im Englischen "\Carnival\" (\"Karneval\")

What is wrong is that it displays this as an exception, meaning program fails to catch this in time and display as a regular error message.

Dualnames

So, can I do anything to fix it myself?
Worked on Strangeland, Primordia, Hob's Barrow, The Cat Lady, Mage's Initiation, Until I Have You, Downfall, Hunie Pop, and every game in the Wadjet Eye Games catalogue (porting)

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Sat 23/04/2022 22:43:42
So, can I do anything to fix it myself?

From what I understand this seem to be a mistake in translation file (trs), perhaps you may search for the mentioned line and fix the incorrect escape sequence there.

tilapisha

I'm trying to port my game from 3.5.18 to 3.6.0 (Beta 3) so that I can port it to web.

I'm getting this error (and some of the sprites, inventory items and other characters are split). Also, some objects are drawn a bit off (like this mirror) but this is easy enough to move.

https://ibb.co/tHSsrNp

Illegal exception
An exception 0xC0000005 occurred in ACWIN.EXE at EIP = 0x00427447; program pointer is  3330, ACI version 3.6.0.23, gtags (2,71)

AGS cannot continue, this exception was fatal. Please note down the numbers above, remember what you were doing at the time and contact the game author for support or post these details on the AGS Technical Forum.

in "room1.asc", line 51

Most versions of Windows allow you to press Ctrl C now to copy this entire message to the clipboard for easy reporting.

An error file CrashInfo.dmp has been created. You may be asked to upload this file when reporting this problem on the AGS Forums. (code 0)
OK  

This is my line 51:
function oSuit_AnyClick()
{
  cGoby.Say("I'm waiting for a special occasion to wear this."); //51
  oSuit.Visible = false;
  player.AddInventory(iSuit);
}

Also, my sprites are imported very oddly. I can go through and replace but it seems tedious.

https://ibb.co/drkjc3h

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: tilapisha on Sun 24/04/2022 00:35:09
I'm trying to port my game from 3.5.18 to 3.6.0 (Beta 3) so that I can port it to web.

I'm getting this error (and some of the sprites, inventory items and other characters are split). Also, some objects are drawn a bit off (like this mirror) but this is easy enough to move.

You were posting a link to repository with the game couple of days ago. Will I get these errors if I try the latest version?
"program pointer is  3330" refers to the character drawing, something may be wrong with the character view perhaps.

Quote from: tilapisha on Sun 24/04/2022 00:35:09some of the sprites, inventory items and other characters are split

Could you specify which sprites exactly; does this happen in the editor or only in game?

EDIT: I tried your game from the repository, and it seems to run fine in the latest 3.6.0...

tilapisha

I fixed it by reimporting all of my sprites.

Dualnames

But there's nothing wrong there per se, and the translation works fine on 3.5.1.7.
3.6.0 seems to hate it for some reason I can't fathom.

Rotta bezieht sich auf die Wortherkunft, die buchstäblich \"Fleisch erheben\" (oder \"wegnehmen\") bedeutet. Die Anspielung geht bei der Übersetzung etwas verloren: Der Vergnügungspark heißt im Englischen "\Carnival\" (\"Karneval\"), was im Deutschen lediglich Feierlichkeiten beschreibt, mit denen das Ende der Fastenzeit begangen wird.

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Sun 24/04/2022 05:06:10
But there's nothing wrong there per se, and the translation works fine on 3.5.1.7.
3.6.0 seems to hate it for some reason I can't fathom.

Hmm, sorry, probably I was not clear enough; following is a incorrect place:
QuoteVergnügungspark heißt im Englischen "\Carnival\" (\"Karneval\")
This should be
QuoteVergnügungspark heißt im Englischen \"Carnival\" (\"Karneval\")

The escape parsing rules (parsing \x combinations) became more strict in the new version.

Dualnames

Alright, we're past that, now a different issue has risen!

[proper alpha blending seems to be somewhat broken]
Specifically on UI Buttons, instead of them [their graphic, which is a usually a png with alpha transparency] being displayed, they're not [they are fully transparent, as if their sprite is 0].

Even if on the editor they are displayed properly.

Dualnames

On a different note, I'm also now getting this exception.

https://i.ibb.co/sjsd0hf/image.png

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 25/04/2022 03:53:45
[proper alpha blending seems to be somewhat broken]
Specifically on UI Buttons, instead of them [their graphic, which is a usually a png with alpha transparency] being displayed, they're not [they are fully transparent, as if their sprite is 0].

Please try this build:
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/6113420188581888

Quote from: Dualnames on Mon 25/04/2022 04:06:47
On a different note, I'm also now getting this exception.
https://i.ibb.co/sjsd0hf/image.png

Division by zero, while drawing some gui control (gtags mean GUI ID, iirc). There was a bug fixed recently, related to controls with zero size. Please try above build as well; if not, then this should be investigated further for more details.

PS. I will try posting a new proper update later today.

Crimson Wizard

Updated to Beta 4
(use download links in the first post)

Editor:
- Fixed room editor was suggesting to save the modified room even if no changes were made.
- Fixed room preview not updating after changing object properties.
- Fixed changing theme when script editor is open causes error.
- Fixed any errors during translation compilation were causing unhandled exception in the editor.

Engine:
- Fixed sprites with alpha transparency and anti-aliased texts not displayed correctly on GUI.
- Fixed crash when gui control has zero size.
- Fixed potential crash when gui slider is less than 4 pixels wide or tall.

Windows:
- Installer will create program links with three-digit version in the name.

vga256

Can anyone else confirm if AudioChannel.Panning is not working for them with 3.6.0? Demo files here. Unless I've made some obvious basic mistake with scripting, I'm not getting any kind of audio panning regardless of the int (-100,100) passed to AudioChannel.Panning. Replicated the same behaviour in TweenPanning which uses this function as well.

Dualnames

The transparency issue still remains, the exception is solved so yay!

Crimson Wizard

Quote from: Dualnames on Wed 27/04/2022 05:24:42
The transparency issue still remains

Could you give more details about this issue? An example of sprite, the gui settings, etc?

Quote from: vga256 on Tue 26/04/2022 22:07:37
Can anyone else confirm if AudioChannel.Panning is not working for them with 3.6.0? Demo files here. Unless I've made some obvious basic mistake with scripting, I'm not getting any kind of audio panning regardless of the int (-100,100) passed to AudioChannel.Panning. Replicated the same behaviour in TweenPanning which uses this function as well.

Yes, Panning is not working within the sound library again (not sure if it worked before).

EDIT: It's confirmed that with the new sound library the Panning does not work for stereo clips, only works for mono clips, allegedly according to the OpenAL specification.
We need to investigate of the available solutions.
Opened ticket: https://github.com/adventuregamestudio/ags/issues/1637

EDIT2 According to the OpenAL specs:
https://openal.org/documentation/OpenAL_Programmers_Guide.pdf (page 21)
Buffers containing more than one channel of data will be played without 3D spatialization.
This basically means that stereo wave is not positioned by OpenAL in 3D space, only mono wave is.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk