Clotilde Soffritti in: Never Double Park your Spaceship

Started by lorenzo, Thu 24/03/2022 13:18:31

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

After being stuck on an asteroid with a decrepit, gabby hermit for a week, Clotilde has had enough!
She must find a way to call for help and hitch-hike a ride out of there!
Will she manage to escape the asteroid?! Only one way to find out! Or maybe two.

Meet the locals on a strange planet!

Taste exotic food, such as old cheese crusts and vegetable stock cubes!

Be amazed (?) at the sight of what future technology has in store!

Visit interstellar garages!

• Things to left-click on, sometimes even right-click!
  • The sequel no one asked for, to a game no one remembers about!
  • So many comic book-style cutscenes, it'll feel like reading a comic inside of a game, inside of your screen!
  • Puzzle that may require entire minutes to solve!
  • 33 rooms! Some of them are even playable!
  • An emotional story that deals with heavy, serious themes, that will make you cry.
  • Characters that talk and move!
  • Jokes that may make you laugh, maybe!

The game is entirely playable, but it still needs music and sound effects, and some more polish!

heltenjon

Wow!

If I like this one, too, I'll keep in mind to not ask for a third game!  :-D

CaptainD

Having tested it I can confirm that this game is a lot of fun.  ;)

eri0o

Yey! I loved the first one! Lorenzo's art and humor always have me interested.  :-D

Rik_Vargard

When I read  "Will she manage to escape the asteroid?!" and then the first screenshot is Clotilde "meeting the locals on a strange planet".... I feel like I know the answer before playing.  :P

Anyway I love the humor of this post  (laugh)
Can't wait to play the game because of that.

cat

Mouth for war

Lorenzo! Your art is FABULOUS (I've told you that on skype several times...but still) :D
mass genocide is the most exhausting activity one can engage in, next to soccer

lorenzo

heltenjon: hahah! But what if you hate it? Then you'd have to make sure to ask for a sequel, to avoid me making one? Makes you think...  (laugh)

CaptainD: if a space adventure connoisseur like you liked it, it means that I've done something good (probably thanks to all the accidental plagiarism from Captain Disaster? :P ).

Laura Hunt: and it's a longer game than the original one! ...not that it would take much, as that one was super short (laugh)

eri0o: thank you! Hope this one won't disappoint!

Rik_Vargard: hope the final game will give you a chuckle or two!

Quote from: Rik_Vargard on Thu 24/03/2022 19:24:06
When I read  "Will she manage to escape the asteroid?!" and then the first screenshot is Clotilde "meeting the locals on a strange planet".... I feel like I know the answer before playing.  :P
Haha! Initially, I wrote something like "of course she escapes, how could she end on that planet otherwise?" but then I cut it to keep the "story" section short.  (laugh)
But hey, you never know: maybe the planet parts are all a big flashback and she's still stuck on the asteroid! :P

cat: yay! It's nice to finally show it!

Mouth for war: haha, thank you! Now hurry up and finish your project, I want to play it!!!

newwaveburritos

lorenzo

Thanks! It shouldn't take too much time to get it finished now, unless I suddenly decide to add or redo something that delays everything (it has happened too many times already :D ).

heltenjon

Quote from: lorenzo on Sun 27/03/2022 11:12:58
Thanks! It shouldn't take too much time to get it finished now, unless I suddenly decide to add or redo something that delays everything (it has happened too many times already :D ).

I picture Lorenzo doodling a giant nose, then deciding it looks too good not to use, and then implementing the ability to smell everything in the game... :-D

lorenzo

Racoon

Yay, I look forward to it a lot! Also, judging by the first pic it really does not seem like the worst place to be stranded. Everybody seems to be very chill :D

lorenzo

It's a very chilled place despite the hot weather -- as long as you don't mind getting your spaceship stolen. ;)
I've spent the weekend redoing the animations for the protagonist (I know, very exciting way to spend the weekend, eh?), so I'll probably release it during the coming week! Unless I discover at the last minute that I messed something up badly, that is.  (laugh)

selmiak

yay, this is great news. I loved the first one already! :)

lorenzo

Thank you, selmiak!

And I got tired of fiddling with it, so I just released it! :cheesy:
It's somewhere around here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk