WORDLE in AGS?

Started by tilapisha, Sun 03/04/2022 18:18:41

Previous topic - Next topic

tilapisha

You have to put on the suit to go up the ladder! Should take you to a handful of other rooms!

tilapisha

Quote from: eri0o on Tue 26/04/2022 01:56:51
I did, but unfortunately in my first try because...

Edit: in the code here: https://www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk/forums/index.php?topic=59873.msg636645516#msg636645516

Line 5 of the top code there, you make the GUI Visible be set to false before the clown says something

Code: ags
          gWordle.Visible = false;
          cClown.Say("Ahhhh! XYZZY. I should have known. Well, see you Goby. Good luck out there! I've gifted you my goggles and flippers, you'll automatically put them on when needed. Keep them, no use for a coin like me. Go left, brother.");

Instead you should reverse that:

cClown.Say("Ahhhh! XYZZY. I should have known. Well, see you Goby. Good luck out there! I've gifted you my goggles and flippers, you'll automatically put them on when needed. Keep them, no use for a coin like me. Go left, brother.");
          gWordle.Visible = false;

In this way the cClown will block and the player will be able to see they got the word correctly guessed.

I actually would break those lines so it's easier to read...

cClown.Say("Ahhhh! XYZZY.");
          cClown.Say("I should have known.");
          cClown.Say("Well, see you Goby. Good luck out there!");
          cClown.Say("I've gifted you my goggles and flippers, you'll automatically put them on when needed. Keep them, no use for a coin like me.");
          cClown.Say("Go left, brother.");
          gWordle.Visible = false;

Also, it should not be possible to enter back to wordle GUI screen anymore after you won it once, or the GUI needs some way to exit it.

if(currentGuess >= MAX_GUESSES)
          {
            cClown.Say("I've gifted you my goggles and flippers, you'll automatically put them on when needed. Keep them, no use for a coin like me.");
            cClown.Say("Go left, brother.");
            gWordle.Visible = false;
            WordleSolved = true;
          }

I did this, and still didn't show the green.  :-\

tilapisha

@eri0o Did you ever figure out why the green feedback never worked? Lisha

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk