Clotilde Soffritti in: Never Double Park your Spaceship

Started by lorenzo, Wed 06/04/2022 13:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

After being stuck on an asteroid with a decrepit, gabby hermit for a week, Clotilde has had enough!
She must find a way to call for help and hitch-hike a ride out of there!
Will she manage to escape the asteroid?! Only one way to find out! Or maybe two.

Meet the locals on a strange planet!

Taste exotic food, such as old cheese crusts and vegetable stock cubes!

Be amazed (?) at the sight of what future technology has in store!

Visit interstellar garages!

• Things to left-click on, sometimes even right-click!
  • The sequel no one asked for, to a game no one remembers about!
  • So many comic book-style cutscenes, it'll feel like reading a comic inside of a game, inside of your screen!
  • Puzzle that may require entire minutes to solve!
  • 33 rooms! Some of them are even playable!
  • An emotional story that deals with heavy, serious themes, that will make you cry.
  • Characters that talk and move!
  • Jokes that may make you laugh, maybe!

Download it here!

eri0o

Wuhu!!! This was fast! Congratulations on the release! :) The video is very nice!!!

lorenzo

Thank you, eri0o! Although I don't have much experience in video editing, the trailer was fun to make. :)

eri0o

The comic like transitions are really cool! The music and animations in the game really fit nicely! This is seriously high quality stuff! Lots of tweens, it all works together really really well! I love your art style but playing it is really nice how it feels in motion and alive. Did you add it to AGS Games Database yet?

lorenzo

Thank you very much! I'm happy you liked it! :cheesy:

The tween module is amazing, once you start using it, it gets addictive you want to add tweens everywhere  (laugh)

Quote from: eri0o on Thu 07/04/2022 04:01:29
Did you add it to AGS Games Database yet?
I tried two times adding it yesterday, but had no luck. After compiling all the information, I pressed "add" and I just got an empty page, with no error text. I'm not sure what happened.
I didn't want to risk adding the game multiple times, so I waited to see if it just took some time to appear, but nothing so far. Maybe I'll retry later.

selmiak

oh wow, what a fun ride that was! I really enjoyed this one and look forward to meeting clotilde's sister already :)

on the way a longplay happened :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByiwpxlIqew

lorenzo

Thanks for playing, selmiak!
I hope I'll be able to find that elusive typo you mentioned :D

Vincent

Whaat the sequel is here?! I am so glad you did it, I must download it right now can't wait!!

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 07/04/2022 15:20:39
I tried two times adding it yesterday, but had no luck. After compiling all the information, I pressed "add" and I just got an empty page, with no error text. I'm not sure what happened.

This also happened to me some time ago, try to compile all the informations without adding the screenshots. After uploading the game you can safely add the screenshots later

lorenzo

Hope you enjoy it! :cheesy:

Quote from: Vincent on Sat 09/04/2022 21:34:21
This also happened to me some time ago, try to compile all the informations without adding the screenshots. After uploading the game you can safely add the screenshots later
I tried again today and it worked! I'm not what went wrong last time. I'll try the screenshot trick next time, if it happens again.

Vincent

I really enjoyed playing this chapter, it was a lot of fun, as usual! XD Very good work lorenzo, as always the art and animations are outstanding! I'd love to have new chapters of Clotilde Soffritti so that I can play them every day:) I agree with eri0o by the way, this (like all your games) are really high quality stuff! Now I can't wait to meet her twin and above all to know why she is looking for her:)

heltenjon

I started playing this and expected it to end after escaping the asteroid. So thrilled that there is more! Amazing work! I absolutely love all the "unnecessary" extra descriptions, the sainthood dialogue and the space food recipes. Good stuff, indeed! Need to take a break now to demolish my friend's kitchen (!).  (laugh)

xandmatt

Thoroughly enjoyed this one. The art-style is frankly gorgeous and the world building is great. Always left wanting more.

Laura Hunt

This was the perfect little game for a rainy hangover sunday! The art style is fantastic as always, and I love that Clotilde's first adventure wasn't a one-off, but that we're seeing more and more of the story. Hope we get another one soon!

Regarding the recommended settings (yes, I always read the README files :-D), the game looked WAY better for me using linear interpolation than nearest neighbour, which is usually suitable only for pixel art scaling, so if the fonts and borders in general are looking kind of "hairy" for anybody, I'd recommend trying this setting instead :)

heltenjon

And...finished it and am thrilled there's more to come. (And I need to play the first game, too. Yay!) Clothilde is a great character whom I'll definitely follow.

For us who are less than fluent in Italian - I suspect there may be some jokes behind all the character names? I get the obvious ones, but do the other names mean or allude to something?

lorenzo

Vincent: thank you for your nice words!
I think it would be hard to make a game to play every day, but one every decade? More than feasible! :P (laugh)

heltenjon: how did the demolition of your friend's house go? I hope your friend authorized you to do it! :D
I'm happy you enjoyed the extra descriptions, I like to put some jokes that you can skip here and there, for the more inquiring player ;)
I wanted to make the game longer than the first part, it would've been boring seeing the asteroid only!

Quote from: heltenjon on Sun 10/04/2022 19:26:53
For us who are less than fluent in Italian - I suspect there may be some jokes behind all the character names? I get the obvious ones, but do the other names mean or allude to something?

huge spoilers for the deep, complex, touching plot here!
Most characters and places names are food-related. ;)
[close]

xandmatt: thanks you very much, I'm glad you liked it!  :cheesy:

Laura Hunt: thank you! "Perfect for a rainy hangover sunday", that quote will go on the box ;)

You're right regarding the recommended settings. I recommend using the intended resolution (1280x720, which should be the default one you get in the settings, unless I messed up something...), but linear interpolation looks better if you stretch the image to fit higher resolutions. Time to update the read me, I guess! (laugh)

heltenjon

Quote from: lorenzo on Mon 11/04/2022 19:04:05
heltenjon: how did the demolition of your friend's house go? I hope your friend authorized you to do it! :D
[offtopic]Well, it went ok - tearing down stuff is easier than building. I can now add one viking point to my resume and scratch off the list of things to achievements in life having pulled a nail out of my foot with a crowbar. (Not so serious as it sounds, but it was stuck in my shoe, lightly piercing my foot.) I worked on for an hour after that before heading to my office where I had stashed in a drawer the single edible Kinder Surprise Egg in my town. I had promised my son one, and due to a salmonella alarm, no shops had them the day before. But I had an older one (sans salmonella) at work, meant as a prize for something. Silly story included because it's bound to inspire some of the more creative souls in here.  (laugh)[/offtopic]
QuoteI'm happy you enjoyed the extra descriptions, I like to put some jokes that you can skip here and there, for the more inquiring player ;)
*Warning* *Joke incoming* *Enable serious mode?*

cat

Good, fun game with great background graphics and wonderful comic style cutscenes. Clotilde is a fun character and I'm looking forward to her future adventures.

However, there are a few things that should be addressed to make this game go from good to great:
Spoiler

- There were quite a few typos and grammar errors. Get someone (preferably native speaker) to proof-read your translation file, that's the easiest way to do this.
- Clotilde picks up stuff from the floor on several occasions but she doesn't have an animation for it. Make her bend her knees once and re-use the animation in all future games to come  ;)
- There is lots of stuff to see on those lovely backgrounds, but hardly anything can be looked at or interacted with. Not even the menu of the food-truck.
- I wanted to use the fan on the broken window but got no reasonable explanation why this does not work (I didn't realize that the smoke was a hotspot, since the pot was not and none of the many other items on the food truck were)
- I used the cup on the sink because I wanted to fill it with water, and instead I got the message that this cannot be used to clog the sink the way it is now. At this point, I didn't even know that clogging the sink would be a good idea. The message gave the solution away before I even found the problem.

Don't get me wrong, it is still a fun game and quality wise better than average, but a bit more polish would have made this so much better.
[close]

lorenzo

Hey, cat, thanks for playing! Regarding your feedback:

Spoiler
Typos/grammar errors: ooh, those are bad! I didn't want to bother anyone with proofreading the game because it's not a very fun activity, but maybe I should have.
Do you remember where they were, so I can fix them?

Bending animations: I wanted to add one, but animations at high resolution take so much time to make! But if I do end up making it, I'll patch the game and add it everywhere (laugh)

Descriptions: I'd rather have multiple descriptions for the same hotspots, so that people who want more jokes can click on them to get different responses, rather than having hotspots everywhere that just give you a generic reply, or having every single hotspot being a joke (that gets tiring quickly).

In the game, some hotpots have up to seven-eight different responses if you keep clicking on them. For example, the radio when the hermit is sitting over it, the pylons in the background of the asteroid, the succulent plant, and the computer at the claim's office reception. Same with doing some actions that won't advance the plot, like using the employers-only door over and over, or entering the office with food in your pocket multiple times. So that if you want extra jokes, you can find them, but if you're just stuck and are trying to find the solution to a puzzle, you won't get annoyed by constant puns. ;)

It's a matter of taste, I guess! It may work better for some people, others may prefer things being done in another way.

By the way, I didn't make the menu interactive because the cook tells you what are the day's dishes, so I thought it would be pointless to repeat them there.

Cup puzzle: yes, I could change that description to avoid giving away the solution to the puzzle.
[close]

cat

Spoiler
Typos/grammar errors Sorry, I don't remember where they were.
Descriptions Ah, I didn't realize there were multiple descriptions for the same hotspot, I think I only encountered that for the door. I agree that it's probably a matter of taste.
[close]

Shadow1000

I played this game last night and I really enjoyed it! The puzzles were on the easier side, but still a great experience: TOP NOTCH comicbook graphics and animations, very entertaining story and humour and the attention to detail did not go unnoticed

Cheers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk