Clotilde Soffritti in: Never Double Park your Spaceship

Started by lorenzo, Wed 06/04/2022 13:07:18

Previous topic - Next topic

lorenzo

Thank you very much, Shadow1000! I'm happy you enjoyed the small details: it's worth putting them even if just one person sees them :)
I tend to make puzzles easier in favour of game flow (if that makes sense), and in fact I reduce the complexity of some of them that were a bit harder originally. Maybe next game I could try making them more difficult and see how testers react!

---

Small update!

I've just updated the game, based on the feedback.

I've fixed some of the text and added a pick up from the floor animation. That should make cat happy  ;)
If you want to see it without having to replay the game, here it is in all its glory (?):

Spoiler

[close]

Also, I've changed the default setting to "Linear interpolation", as suggested by Laura Hunt!

cat

Quote from: lorenzo on Thu 28/04/2022 12:33:36
I've fixed some of the text and added a pick up from the floor animation. That should make cat happy  ;)

Awesome work! Thank you for taking user feedback into consideration and making the game even better!

lorenzo

Well, games are made for players, so it's worth listening to their feedback! Especially in a place like the AGS forums, where a lot of players are also game-makers themselves.

I usually update my games after I release them to fix issues I find or that get reported, but I always forget to write notes of what I've changed, so it may not look like it. (laugh)

Thankfully, unlike bugs, typos are easy enough to fix, once you have spotted them. Too bad that they keep hiding everywhere. ;)

Vincent

Love the pick up animation, well done lorenzo!!

lorenzo

Thank you, Vincent! To be honest, I watched how they did it in some cartoons and made the animation pretty close to one I liked.  :-D

Rik_Vargard

All right! That was a very nice and "feel good" game.
I love the cartoon graphics; the colors are vibrant.
Also the cartoon storytelling (cutscenes)
The story is fun and every character stands out.
I like how you made me think I needed something but then it was another situation.

i did need to watch the @semliak video for the soup, tho... (Thank you selmiak for those btw)
So to me the puzzles weren't "too easy"  :P

Anyway, I had a great time and I'll be watching out for the next episode! :)

lorenzo

Hi Rik Vargard, thank you for your comment! I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

Puzzles are the hardest thing to balance! Different people get stuck in different spots of the game, while others don't get stuck at all. (laugh)
Not being the best at puzzle-solving myself, I try to leave a lot of signposting and hints to help players, but it's difficult to judge when it's too little or too much (i.e. giving the puzzle away).

I hope you at least felt that the solution to that specific puzzle was logical, and didn't make you go "How the hell was I supposed to know that?!" ;)

Rik_Vargard

Quote from: lorenzo on Wed 11/05/2022 14:03:18
Hi Rik Vargard, thank you for your comment! I'm glad you enjoyed the game!

Puzzles are the hardest thing to balance! Different people get stuck in different spots of the game, while others don't get stuck at all. (laugh)
Not being the best at puzzle-solving myself, I try to leave a lot of signposting and hints to help players, but it's difficult to judge when it's too little or too much (i.e. giving the puzzle away).

I hope you at least felt that the solution to that specific puzzle was logical, and didn't make you go "How the hell was I supposed to know that?!" ;)

Yeah don't worry it was all logical, we could talk all day about what's logical for one person and not the other: I agree with everything you said about creating puzzles; it's really challenging (for me)  (nod)

Vincent

Quote from: lorenzo on Mon 09/05/2022 15:27:33
Thank you, Vincent! To be honest, I watched how they did it in some cartoons and made the animation pretty close to one I liked.  :-D

You nailed it, good job!! 👍

lorenzo

Rik_Vargard: I don't think creating good puzzles can ever be easy either! Not that I know much about making good puzzle... :P

AlanH56: thank you for playing!

Vincent: animation is so difficult, so if I get something that looks half decent I'm happy! :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk