Dave Gilbert Wants Brit Voice Actors For New Adventure Game

Started by Mandle, Wed 13/04/2022 22:33:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Mandle

From his FaceBook post:

"ATTENTION BRITISH VAs!
I'm soon going to be holding an audition for a (thus far) unannounced project that will require an entire British cast! So Watch This Feed, Brits!"

Danvzare

Well I'm British!  :-D
But I can't act, as clearly proven by my games (which I keep insisting on adding voice acting to for some reason).  :~(

I wish Dave good luck.

Snarky

He's not posting the name of the game, but the audition scripts have some sample graphics that are pretty recognizable.

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 14/04/2022 19:23:39
He's not posting the name of the game, but the audition scripts have some sample graphics that are pretty recognizable.

Ah, so he is producing the voice acting for Cloak And Dagger games most likely. My title for this thread is slightly misleading then. I changed it... took out the "Wadgeteye"

Stupot

They’re looking for Four Yorkshiremen.  :grin:

I’d love to give this a go but I’m not confident I can deliver an accurate Northern accent without being too cartoony. Everyone can do a generic ‘oop North’ accent but they probably want something a bit more authentic.

As for the posh southerner? I’m not particularly well-spoken myself but can turn it on when the occasion arises.

Mandle

Mandle

Quote from: Snarky on Thu 14/04/2022 19:23:39

I tried to tease him on FB by saying "You're being very cloak and dagger about the name.", and he told me I had the wrong game. The sneaky git used different pictures! Well played!

Stupot

He didn’t so much say you had the wrong game, but the wrong name. They’ve probably just decided on a different title.

Snarky

Stupot was right. The game has now been announced, and it is indeed Incantamentum, under the new title The Excavation of Hob's Barrow.

Matti

In case someone missed it: The game has been released a few days ago. It's 10% off til Oct 5th.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1182310/The_Excavation_of_Hobs_Barrow/

I already played a bit yesterday and I'm really enjoying it.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk