Superego (Chapter 1+2) OUT NOW!

Started by Héctor Bometón, Mon 18/04/2022 12:35:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Héctor Bometón

Hi, everyone! 🌹

I just released the first 2 chapters of Superego, a game about making games and the existential crisis that comes with it, an essay about the limits of the genre, a rare and personal jewel i've been working on for more than five years.

Here is a little stupid trailer:

Even though these chapters are part of a greater story that will be unfolding on the following months, they are games on their own, with hours of gameplay and a self-contained plot, and they come in a single unified bundle (ENGLISH and SPANISH):

🕹️ https://hectorbometon.itch.io/superego-1-2

I hope u like it!🕯️

heltenjon

Oh, I have been looking forward to this! Great teaser video. It would be super if you could add it to the database as well, (down in the right corner on the "Games" page).  (nod)

Edit: How come the English version is so much smaller in size than the Spanish one? (If the Itch page is correct.) Is the Spanish version including speech, perhaps?

Héctor Bometón

Quote from: heltenjon on Mon 18/04/2022 13:06:54
Oh, I have been looking forward to this! Great teaser video. It would be super if you could add it to the database as well, (down in the right corner on the "Games" page).  (nod)

Edit: How come the English version is so much smaller in size than the Spanish one? (If the Itch page is correct.) Is the Spanish version including speech, perhaps?

The English version has the translation file attached and they are both compressed in a zip, which makes it lighter  (laugh)

Héctor Bometón

newwaveburritos

Oh, it's finally out!  I've enjoyed your updates so it's exciting to see that it's finally released.  Felcidades!

KyriakosCH

Looks really cool! I hope it does very well.
This is the Way - A dark allegory. My Twitter!  My Youtube!

heltenjon

I purchased this, but can't get the English version to work properly. There is an exe file and the translation file, but no setup. When I run the game, the girlfriend talks in English and the GUI verbs are shown in English, but descriptions and Hector's dialogue is in Spanish.

I played Chapter 0/The demo first, and that was brilliant! So please fix this! I want to play more!  (nod)

Frodo

Quote from: heltenjon on Thu 28/04/2022 19:04:07
I purchased this, but can't get the English version to work properly. There is an exe file and the translation file, but no setup. When I run the game, the girlfriend talks in English and the GUI verbs are shown in English, but descriptions and Hector's dialogue is in Spanish.

I played Chapter 0/The demo first, and that was brilliant! So please fix this! I want to play more!  (nod)

I've had the same problem.   :sad:

heltenjon

The English version is now working! Thanks so much for fixing it, Hector!   ;-D

heltenjon

I've played through this, and it's short, but good. I like the characters and the feeling of participating in a weird sitcom. But it was over way too soon! Nice graphics, music, sound and plot.

I would have liked to actually see the reward for solving the final puzzle.
Spoiler
It would feel natural to have Hector's friend acknowledge his help by donating to the kickstarter. I guess this will now be early in chapter three, but I think it belongs here.
[close]

The downside may be that if I pay for three more installments in this series, the game will cost as much as Strangeland. Now, I can afford it and it's no great expense, but still.

Frodo

It's a fun game,  but as Heltenjon said, far too short. 

I've already had to pay out twice for this game.  I supported Hector during his Kickstarter campaign, at the Early Bird (English) level.  That pledge is supposed to include an English version of the game.  But most of it is still in Spanish, so it's really hard to understand what's going on.  So I paid a second time, to get the proper English version on itch.io.  It's kinda disappointing that Hector didn't provide the proper English version of the game, to those of us that supported him on Kickstarter. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk