Creative Production > Competitions & Activities

Background Blitz: Unexpected Shelter (WINNER ANNOUNCED)

(1/7) > >>

OneDollar:
Background Blitz: Unexpected Shelter - voting now open

You're a long way from civilisation... or so you thought. Suddenly you come across a strange structure. It looks man-made, but what's it doing here? Who built it? Are they still here?

Your goal is to draw a background suitable for an adventure game that fits with the theme of Unexpected Shelter. Use the pictures above for inspiration if you like, but also feel free to think outside of the box.

You have until the 2nd of June to get your entries in. Have fun!

It's now voting time! As per usual voting is open to all and I want to hear your favourite for each of the following three categories:

Concept: What is the background about? What sort of mood does it spark? What is, as it were, the big idea?
Playability: What is its opportunity for gameplay like? Walkable areas, hot-spots, and so forth?
Artistic Execution: How well does the picture convey an atmosphere? How well is it executed?

The deadline for voting is the 9th of June.

Entries:
x1 x2 x4 x8
by stylez75

by Mouth for war

by Hannah_Banana

by newwaveburritos

x1 x2 x4 x8
by Nr. 2698

by milkanannan

stylez75:

I've attached my entry. Enjoy!
x1 x2 x4 x8

Mouth for war:
Not sure it's safe in there though ;)

Stupot:

--- Quote from: OneDollar on 11 May 2022, 21:01 ---You have until the 2nd of April to get your entries in.

--- End quote ---

This is very generous of you.

OneDollar:
Wow that's not even this month, I must have been half asleep when I posted that. Thanks Stupot, deadline fixed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version