The Adventures of Fatman, Special Edition! available on Steam

Started by Ionias, Sat 10/05/2003 19:53:28

Previous topic - Next topic

da n00b

I can't get it to work!!!

I've connected (on Byte Devils), entered the ed2k adress that Jannar gave, but the downloads status is 'Waiting' all the time!!!
Any ideas on how to get it to work?

veryweirdguy

Thanks a lot, pstonie!

I couldn't get the Underdogs d/l to work, but thanks to you I can finally play this game!

As for the lack of voices: meh.

Ionias

Ok, for those of you looking for the full game on CD you can now find it here.

AGA

Ionias

bump!

Update: March 23, 2007

I have given The Adventures of Fatman a complete revamp and decided to re-release it as a special edition. I've also got plans for a sequel. That means SOCKO! Entertainment is back online! Come visit me at www.socko1.com to see what's going down, see you there!

Nikolas

That's highly interesting! I've played the original and it was swell. ;)

Peder 🚀

Yay!

Ordering right now!

Peder Johnsen.

Candle

Cool deal Ionias, see I didn't say anything to anyone. :)
See if I can ordered the new one next month when some money comes in.

BOYD1981

i lost my original copy so i'll definitely be buying this in the next week or so.

Limey Lizard, Waste Wizard!
01101101011000010110010001100101001000000111100101101111011101010010000001101100011011110110111101101011

MillsJROSS

Totally will be buying this in a few weeks when I start working.

It's sad to see that the Space Quest game wasn't finished, I was totally anticipating you finishing it out of the blue.

-MillsJROSS

Ionias

Quote from: MillsJROSS on Fri 23/03/2007 22:25:45
Totally will be buying this in a few weeks when I start working.

It's sad to see that the Space Quest game wasn't finished, I was totally anticipating you finishing it out of the blue.

-MillsJROSS

I swear that someday I will conquer a Space Quest fan game! Don't hold me to that though. I mean I did say I was going to complete SQFP in the first place. :P

Rui 'Trovatore' Pires

Out of curiosity, what kind of revamp? Graphical? Musical? Plot-ical? Voice-ical? Diabolical? All of the above-ical?
Reach for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.

Kneel. Now.

Never throw chicken at a Leprechaun.

Ionias

Quote from: Rui "Trovatore" Pires on Sat 24/03/2007 00:46:49
Out of curiosity, what kind of revamp? Graphical? Musical? Plot-ical? Voice-ical? Diabolical? All of the above-ical?

lol.

Well, I changed the GUI to accommodate those who said the exits where hard to find in the first version. I did this by incorporating an all new EXIT pop-up mouse mode, which was no easy feat! I also added a new ending and a new end game puzzle. I fixed some bugs. The doughnut world bug first and foremost and the mainly annoying pixel hunt bug(s) where I failed to name some of the over hotspot locations. This should help those that got stuck the first time around looking for some of some of the pixel hunts. I also added x9 Easter eggs which all tie in to the superhero theme in someway. I also added a new music track at the end of the game thanks to m0ds and some new voices curtsey of Grundislav. I also added a new room to the fatcave with new inventory items and I revamped some of the backgrounds. It's basically the game as I always wanted it to be. Now that it's complete I'm moving on to the sequel! :)

The new Extras that are included on the CD are as follows:

The Castle Quest text adventure is included. This was my first ever adventure game. It was made in BASIC! :) Then comes the Castle Quest demo, some of you might remember this. It was a game me and Scid were going to make based loosely on the Castle Quest text adventure. The next game on the list is Galacitic Pirates 1. This was the first graphical adventure game I ever made. I programmed this one in Visual Basic, and was going to make a part two in AGS. The demo of Galactic Pirates part 2 is included in the CD as well. I also have included the old ROOMEDIT files of Pizza Quest, Castle Quest and Hero Quest. Hero Quest was the orginal name of The Adventures of Fatman!

I hope I answered all of your questions, feel free to ask anything else.

sergiocornaga

I might buy this if I hadn't already played the original to death...

strazer

Nice!
As a Linux user, I have to ask: Does the special edition still use the agsCreditz.dll plugin? And what version of AGS is it compiled with?

m0ds

Great stuff Mike!! The website is really neat, too :) I'm glad that you're back on the road...I never realised the SQ fan-game was quashed :( It's good that buying the SE of the original Fatman means you get a discount on the sequel, too. Best of luck with the project :)

PS - light scribed CD :O looks awesome!!!

Ionias

Quote from: strazer on Mon 26/03/2007 00:31:40
Nice!
As a Linux user, I have to ask: Does the special edition still use the agsCreditz.dll plugin? And what version of AGS is it compiled with?

Yes, it still uses the agscreditz.dll, I assume that's a big problem? :( The AGS version is build 2.72.652

strazer

Well, neither the Linux engine nor the Mac port do support plugins. I assume you've used the plugin for the end credits? If so, you can probably play the game up to that point where it will crash.

Candle

Linux can't use the dlls but they can use the Modules ( look in my sig for Modules) .
There is a credits module..

Ionias

Quote from: strazer on Mon 26/03/2007 02:37:19
Well, neither the Linux engine nor the Mac port do support plugins. I assume you've used the plugin for the end credits? If so, you can probably play the game up to that point where it will crash.

Yes, that is what I did.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to make sure that I don't use any plugins with my next game to ensure compatibility.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk